Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #526
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Jovetic to City is awesome news for me

1) He doesn't go to the hated Juventus
2) We get the full sum we asked (thank you sheikhs) instead of 20+sum scrub

Farewell Stevan, I hope you do welll... just because of the 4 million euro in add-ons that that would bring us.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #527
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Congratulations on Mario Godmez. As much as I don't like to see him play for Germany because of the system, I hope he does well at Fiorentina. They'll be my bandwagon team in the Serie A this coming season. I think he'll hit the 30 goal mark. He's been starved last season.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #528
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
Congratulations on Mario Godmez. As much as I don't like to see him play for Germany because of the system, I hope he does well at Fiorentina. They'll be my bandwagon team in the Serie A this coming season. I think he'll hit the 30 goal mark. He's been starved last season.

I hope so.

I think la Viola's gonna be the bandwagon team of many this coming season.

Strong rumours have us being after Verratti as well
Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #529
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Jovetic to City is awesome news for me

1) He doesn't go to the hated Juventus
2) We get the full sum we asked (thank you sheikhs) instead of 20+sum scrub

Farewell Stevan, I hope you do welll... just because of the 4 million euro in add-ons that that would bring us.

I like how you said "just because", pointing out it's not one of the reasons you wish him well, it's the only reason.

Another bad signing for City. Not that Jovetic is a bad player for them, but he doesn't fit with the rest of their offensive talent. I really hoped with Pellegrini as the manager and a couple of former Barcelona guys at the helm City would show a bit more restraint or at the very least a sense of common identity on the team.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #530
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

I like how you said "just because", pointing out it's not one of the reasons you wish him well, it's the only reason.

Another bad signing for City. Not that Jovetic is a bad player for them, but he doesn't fit with the rest of their offensive talent. I really hoped with Pellegrini as the manager and a couple of former Barcelona guys at the helm City would show a bit more restraint or at the very least a sense of common identity on the team.

Indeed
Jojo is a very good player but: the way's he's held his leg back this season in view of a transfer... the apparently very low pain threshold that makes him miss at least 25% of the matches every season... and above all the infamous interview of a few weeks ago in which he basically said "I can't wait to be managed by Conte in Juve"... That's something Fiorentina fans cannot ignore.

Dude's got immense talent though. If he stays fit and if he's used the right way, he's a crack.
He's very much like Mutu tactically speaking, if someone remembers him.
He can play all positions in the offense but first of all he's a second forward and needs to play alongside a striker. That's how he will get you 15-20 goals and 10 assists.
But I read City formations in which he's the left winger in a 4-2-3-1. Not sure what you can get from him that way.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #531
Jasi
Quality?

Lebowski and the other Spanish residents: do you think Joaquin can be used as the RW in a 3-5-2?
I am sure he has the tools but I wonder if he can keep the required pace at 32.

Montella explicitly said he's gonna switch through formations but he will always keep a 3-men midfield, so basically if Rossi is good it'll be a 3-5-2:

NETO
Munua

RONCAGLIA - GONZALO - SAVIC
Tomovic - Hegazi - Compper

CUADRADO - AQUILANI - PIZARRO - VALERO - PASQUAL
Joaquin? - Mati/Vecino - Ambrosini - Vecino/Wolski - Alonso

GOMEZ - ROSSI
Jakoveno - Ljajic

Otherwise a 4-3-3:

NETO
Munua

TOMOVIC - GONZALO - SAVIC - PASQUAL
Roncaglia - Hegazi - Compper - Alonso

AQUILANI - PIZARRO - VALERO
Mati/Vecino - Ambrosini - Vecino/Wolski

JOAQUIN - GOMEZ - CUADRADO
Jakovenko - Rossi - Ljajic
Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #532
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I hope so.

I think la Viola's gonna be the bandwagon team of many this coming season.

Strong rumours have us being after Verratti as well
i dont suggest trying to buy anyone from psg, they'll get mad and buy your whole team.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #533
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

marquinhos to psg for big money... 35 mil i think
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #534
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
They paid 45... Good profit if they sell him for 60

Lmao ain't nobody paying even 20M for Hulk
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #535
Jasi
Quality?

So, how about Ibra to Napoli? That's the last word...
Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #536
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Uncle Drew has not been impressing people

BREAKING NEWS: according to Catalan paper Sport, Barcelona will announce the departure of manager Vilanova
SEVERAL SPANISH MEDIA AGREEING THAT VILANOVA IS RESIGNING FROM BARCELONA AFTER A SECOND TUMOUR RELAPSE!
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #537
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

City have assembled an amazing squad now. Best in the league imo. Chelsea are close but we need to improve our central midfield.

Hart
Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
Toure - Fernandinho
Navas - Jovetic - Silva
Aguero

Bench - Dzeko, Nasri, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell, Richards, Lescott

vs.

Cech
Azpi - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cole
Ramires - Mikel
Mata - Oscar - Hazard
Lukaku

Bench - Torres, Ba, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Essien, Lampard, Terry

Can't say much about United yet, they haven't done much in the transfer market. I'm sure they've got some big signings to come and will be back up there with the best squad by season starts.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #538
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Madrid get 4.4 mill in Negredo sale to City.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #539
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Barcelona again throwing Pep under the bus cus he didnt visit tito on his hospital bed
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #540
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: