Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #46
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
When you factor defenses in both leagues from EPL and Liga and the shot differential between both RVP/CR7 it's kinda clear who's the better striker. Let alone how both teams are built to play .
Defenses? You're making it sound like defenses are much better in the EPL. I did some calculations, and here's what I found:

EPL
goals conceded last season (average): 53.15
goals conceded last season (median): 53.5

La Liga
goals conceded last season (average): 54.60
goals conceded last season (median): 54

Now tell me exactly how are defenses better in the EPL when the difference in average goals conceded is 1.5 over a whole season? But it doesn't just end there.

EPL
goals conceded last season (variance): 145.71

La Liga
goals conceded last season (variance): 98.14

In case you don't know, this last part means that there is a lot less variablity in the sample called "goals conceded last season in La Liga" than there is in "EPL". Therefore, teams in La Liga are closer to the league average in goals conceded than EPL teams, so there is more consistency. Exactly what you wouldn't find if defenses were much better in EPL, don't you think?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #47
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Ronaldo and Messi are not strikers... Falcao not being top 3 bcuz he plays for Porto, atletico n Monaco.... Wat a ****. Lmao
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #48
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
what makes suarez better than cavani?

and please, discounting atletico and porto is a joke. milan and psg have been hardly more successful the past few years.
He performs great for both country and club. Cavani is ghost for Uruguay. He's not better by alot thou.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

ibra has won the national league pretty much every season in the last 10+ years he has played, while leading the leagues in goals almost every year... he is basically an all time great right now...

comparing falcao to him is a disgrace to the football community, even now at the age 31 he is light years better than him at every segment of the game a striker should posses... falcao could only dream of being that skilled and talented.

just because players like ibra and suarez are douchebags and get suspended all the time doesnt mean they arent better than one hit wonders like falcao and cavani...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #50
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
ibra has won the national league pretty much every season in the last 10+ years he has played, while leading the leagues in goals almost every year... he is basically an all time great right now...

comparing falcao to him is a disgrace to the football community, even now at the age 31 he is light years better than him at every segment of the game a striker should posses... falcao could only dream of being that skilled and talented.

just because players like ibra and suarez are douchebags and get suspended all the time doesnt mean they arent better than one hit wonders like falcao and cavani...
He has led his league in goals exactly 3 times in his entire career (once with Inter, once with Milan and last season with PSG. He has won many trophies, that's true, but he's always played for the best team of every league he's been in, so it's not exactly surprising. He's a great player, and a flashy one too, but he's no all time great. All time great moron, maybe. Furthermore, he's not better than Falcao at everything like you said, he's better at some things and Falcao is better at others. As I said before, I'd personally take Falcao over him 10 times out of 10, but you're entitled to your own opinion.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

fair enough, though 10 out of 10 thats idiotic and obviously you are biased because falcao plays in la liga and maybe a little mad because real is basically the only big club ibra hasnt played for... not surprising i have to say, with fans like you around

it would be a miracle if ancelotti survives the whole season before the great madrid fans throw him under the bus
Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #52
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
fair enough, though 10 out of 10 thats idiotic and obviously you are biased because falcao plays in la liga and maybe a little mad because real is basically the only big club ibra hasnt played for... not surprising i have to say, with fans like you around

it would be a miracle if ancelotti survives the whole season before the great madrid fans throw him under the bus
Translation: I don't have any arguments so I go on a completely unrelated, idiotic rant.
Falcao doesn't play in La Liga any more, and Ibrahimovic has played for the top 3 Italian teams, Barca and now PSG. There are lots of other big clubs he hasn't played for.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
He performs great for both country and club. Cavani is ghost for Uruguay. He's not better by alot thou.

uruguay's tactics suit suarez's style of play better than cavani but yes, cavani has not been impactful for the national team

on the club level, i would rather have cavani

Quote:

ibra is more complete, but no one is more lethal in the box than falcao. his production is amazing. in 68 matches with atletico he has 52 goals and 41 goals with porto in 51 matches.

team accolades is not a useful argument because putting falcao on the same teams that ibra had and he'd have just as many titles.
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #54
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Translation: I don't have any arguments so I go on a completely unrelated, idiotic rant.
Falcao doesn't play in La Liga any more, and Ibrahimovic has played for the top 3 Italian teams, Barca and now PSG. There are lots of other big clubs he hasn't played for.
what arguments man... you are the one that needs arguments to explain yourself why would you pick falcao 10 times out of 10... im sure the opinion of the majority is that ibra is better.

and only madrid and bayern are left for the big clubs since he obviously doesnt like to play in the EPL... that soft league obviously is no place for players like ibra, suarez, cantona, barton... their loss.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #55
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
what arguments man... you are the one that needs arguments to explain yourself why would you pick falcao 10 times out of 10... im sure the opinion of the majority is that ibra is better.

and only madrid and bayern are left for the big clubs since he obviously doesnt like to play in the EPL... that soft league obviously is no place for players like ibra, suarez, cantona, barton... their loss.
Yeah, arguments... I mean, why use arguments when you can talk out of your ass.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #56
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
He has led his league in goals exactly 3 times in his entire career (once with Inter, once with Milan and last season with PSG. He has won many trophies, that's true, but he's always played for the best team of every league he's been in, so it's not exactly surprising. He's a great player, and a flashy one too, but he's no all time great. All time great moron, maybe. Furthermore, he's not better than Falcao at everything like you said, he's better at some things and Falcao is better at others. As I said before, I'd personally take Falcao over him 10 times out of 10, but you're entitled to your own opinion.
Guess that rules out Messi and Ronaldo too... Makes sense really since they play nowhere near the same level for their country.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #57
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Yeah, arguments... I mean, why use arguments when you can talk out of your ass.

I'd like to point to an argument in support of Ibra. I'll admit now hes one of my favorite players. His strength size and agility mixed with his balance and great footwork make him a joy to watch.

What I want to point to is that Ibra has the ability to be the only great option on a team but still give his team a shot to win the match. Take Sweden for example, he has little talent on his side compared to a player like Messi with Argentina.

Some of his matches for Sweden he completely takes over and just plays nuts. When hes in that form he's almost unstoppable. In comparrison to Messi's international career, where he seems not to play at the same level and is known for shortcomings, thats saying something.

I know I know, Ibra hasnt done shit with Sweden, but he's not exactly on Argentina.

Point being, no matter what team Ibra is on, or the talent he has around him, he has so much ability he is always a threat to beat almost any team, just with his contribution.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #58
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Tevez to Juventus for 9 million + a possible 3 million more in bonuses. This probably means Dzeko will stay.

uhm....The Serie A champions will pay 11.8 million for the Argentine forward with an extra 6m to be paid if Juventus win the league and reach the Champions League semi-finals next season.

What site are you getting your information from? Whichever it is, stop reading them
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #59
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'd like to point to an argument in support of Ibra. I'll admit now hes one of my favorite players. His strength size and agility mixed with his balance and great footwork make him a joy to watch.

What I want to point to is that Ibra has the ability to be the only great option on a team but still give his team a shot to win the match. Take Sweden for example, he has little talent on his side compared to a player like Messi with Argentina.

Some of his matches for Sweden he completely takes over and just plays nuts. When hes in that form he's almost unstoppable. In comparrison to Messi's international career, where he seems not to play at the same level and is known for shortcomings, thats saying something.

I know I know, Ibra hasnt done shit with Sweden, but he's not exactly on Argentina.

Point being, no matter what team Ibra is on, or the talent he has around him, he has so much ability he is always a threat to beat almost any team, just with his contribution.
Also it's not like Messi or CR7 have done anything with Argentina/Portugal. If they can't do shit with their home countries I'd like to see what they could do with Sweden

Zlatan is a all time great.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #60
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
uhm....The Serie A champions will pay 11.8 million for the Argentine forward with an extra 6m to be paid if Juventus win the league and reach the Champions League semi-finals next season.

What site are you getting your information from? Whichever it is, stop reading them

"An initial 9 million fee has been agreed although clauses could see a further 3 million payable over the course of a three-year contract, provided Juventus qualifies for the Champions League."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...y-exit?cc=5901

Goal.com is even more unreliable.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: