Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #6031
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Soccer Discussion (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Biggest rivalry I know is Celtic/Ranger. I don't think I have seen a bigger rival than these two.
boca/river is the biggest derby in the world
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #6032
tbc
I brick open layups

tbc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Soccer Discussion (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Biggest rivalry I know is Celtic/Ranger. I don't think I have seen a bigger rival than these two.

Partizan vs Crvena Zvezda?
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #6033
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id' say Istanbul derbies (Besiktas-Galatasaray and Fenerbahce-Galatasaray)...

and the Belgrad derby (Partizan-Red Star) top them all.

Roma-Lazio

and the Argentinan ones (Boca-River and Independiente-Racing) also come to mind.

Also Olympiakos-Panathinaikos is not a joke.

The "Madonnina" derby in Milan (Milan-Inter) is very historical but always more on the ironic side than the violent one, despite stints of acrimony.

Last edited by Jasi : 11-22-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #6034
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Celtic/Ranger rivalry goes beyond football/soccer. Freaking religion is involved and you are born either a Celtic fan or a Ranger fan. There is no middle ground. Violence occur over this. This goes far beyond the realm of sports.

Quote:
The original support of Rangers was predominantly by people from the Protestant community, whilst Celtic have a historic association with Ireland and therefore a majority of supporters were of Catholic backgrounds. It now begins to become clear that sectarianism is a major influence in how the support for these two Glasgow clubs is calculated.

Because of the religion involved and the link to Northern Irish politics the history of the fans and their coming together has been laden with sectarianism violence.

Michael O’Farrell, Celtic supporter said: “I have been brought up as a Celtic fan all my life and have been to school in a Catholic environment. I don’t think the two are 100% related but it is fair to say that very few of football fans growing up in my school supported Rangers.

“I don’t really take notice of the religious side of things although sometimes it is hard not too. Fans should care more about their team’s performances on the pitch rather than the opposing fans religion if you ask me. That’s what makes a real fan.”
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #6035
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Damn war right here.....

Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #6036
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

well unlike the derbies you guys mentioned, when west ham and millwall play, there are ALWAYS incidents... does that make it the biggest derby?
more blood = bigger match?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #6037
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

btw

barca are preparing an offer for hart, while madrid are prepared to offer isco + money for kun but he said he is not interested in leaving
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #6038
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well unlike the derbies you guys mentioned, when west ham and millwall play, there are ALWAYS incidents... does that make it the biggest derby?
more blood = bigger match?

I never said that.
But we were not speaking of "big matches", we were speaking of rivalries, and those are the fiercest ones.

Bayern-Real or Bayern-Barca would be the BIGGEST matchest as of now but there's hardly any rivalry.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #6039
tbc
I brick open layups

Quote:
Damn war right here.....

you obviously don't watch Eastern Europe/Balkan/Turkish derby matches
Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #6040
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Uncle Drew has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc
I'm pretty sure he doesn't watch any football at all.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #6041
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc

I don't. Too many damn leagues to follow. I like to keep it at two. La Liga and EPL and occasional games with other big teams.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #6042
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't. Too many damn leagues to follow. I like to keep it at two. La Liga and EPL and occasional games with other big teams.

Hit up Serie A brah.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #6043
tbc
I brick open layups

Quote:

make sure to check the Eternal Derby or some other games from the Balkans/Eastern Europe... it's not about the quality of football really, the atmosphere is nuts. Rangers vs Celtic is a ****ing picnic compared to those.

last Crvena Zvezda vs Partizan game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrLHI2KMOVs
Old 11-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #6044
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc
make sure to check the Eternal Derby or some other games from the Balkans/Eastern Europe... it's not about the quality of football really, the atmosphere is nuts. Rangers vs Celtic is a ****ing picnic compared to those.

last Crvena Zvezda vs Partizan game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrLHI2KMOVs

I watch Besiktas sometimes...that's a pretty insane atmosphere. Probably closest to that video.

EDIT: nevermind, not close as your video.

Last edited by 9erempiree : 11-22-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #6045
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Hit up Serie A brah.

I watch some of the big teams. I watch Juventus and Roma sometimes.

I am a Real Madrid fan so I watch all their games and some La Liga games. I watch any EPL games depending on match ups.

There's a site I found that replay games, all games in HD. So if I am not watching live, I can go back and watch these other games. I basically don't miss a thing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: