Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #76
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ


Van Persie originally was a midfielder. The reason he switched over to striker as a professional is because his "vision" and his understanding of the tactical side of the game is flat out god awful. His willingness to make his teammates better and play a subservient role is also very bad.

I really wonder where in god's name you come up with this shit.
Really, man, sometimes I feel like I'm preaching in the ****ing desert here.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #77
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,474
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
How the hell can you jugde the player he is now to that selfish player he was at Feynoord and early Arsenal days. He does not play anywhere near the same way.

By wacthing games. He and Rooney has played some fantastic football together and linked up very well. There is a reason he had most assist and created the most goal-scoring chances for our team. Wenger calls him intelligent striker but I assume you know better.

It's important because you don't suddenly become good at team play and "vision" any more than you can go from being a player with wooden feet to becoming Juninho. I'm not saying he is selfish, his attitude has improved over the years but his football intelligence has not.

The reason he creates so many opportunities is because he involves himself in every aspect of the offense. Which is not always the smart thing to do. Remember how when you started playing at 6 years old every one was continuously running towards the ball? Van Persie is still kind of like that, he is simply good enough that he gets away with it and his teammates are willing to adjust to him. That's also the reason Rooney links up so well with Van Persie; Rooney is much more able to adjust to other players and play in different roles.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #78
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY
 
Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 4,277
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's important because you don't suddenly become good at team play and "vision" any more than you can go from being a player with wooden feet to becoming Juninho. I'm not saying he is selfish, his attitude has improved over the years but his football intelligence has not.

The reason he creates so many opportunities is because he involves himself in every aspect of the offense. Which is not always the smart thing to do. Remember how when you started playing at 6 years old every one was continuously running towards the ball? Van Persie is still kind of like that, he is simply good enough that he gets away with it and his teammates are willing to adjust to him. That's also the reason Rooney links up so well with Van Persie; Rooney is much more able to adjust to other players and play in different roles.

Look, I see your point but to have back2back2back seasons of 30/15 requires some sort of intelligence. I agree that when he plays as a "number 10" he tends to ballwatch too much but as a leading striker (9) I think he offers more than Falcao. I dont like him playing as a number 10 though but this discussion was about why I prefered him over Falc
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #79
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,246
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Tevez to Juventus official.



NB He'll be the first one to sport Del Piero's no.10 jersey, that last year wasn't taken by anyone.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #80
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,640
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Van Persie and Cavani are much better hold up players and better at making teamates better.

And you can have Rooney , he would fail hard at Barca. Give us Thiago
i think barca offered thiago + 12 millions for rooney or something like that and its up to united to accept

thiago was seen in manchester today


short term this would be a great deal for us... my god we could even play rooney as an attacking midfielder... the versatility of the players would be like in fifa ( you change his position his rating gets better )
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #81
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Tevez to Juventus official.



NB He'll be the first one to sport Del Piero's no.10 jersey, that last year wasn't taken by anyone.
Those are big shoes to fill...
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #82
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

**** Neymar
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #83
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Van Persie is far better technically than Falcao. His ability to control and play the ball in the right room to teammates with a man in his back is amazing. Only IBRA does that better than RvP. His vision is far better than Falcao.

Cavani is powerful and strong, he is a commanding presence up front who can hold onto the ball and he works harder than any striker for his team. Maybe even too much.

I can understand if you disagree with Cavani but RVP should not be a discussion.
Falcao can hold up the ball just as well. Maybe slightly less than van ***** but on par wit Cavani. Falcao is number one striker in the world currently.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #84
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,491
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

neymar's diving was disgraceful


Last edited by Andrew Wiggins : 06-27-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #85
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Pathetic... **** Neymar

The ref is right next to him.... Why didn't he give him a red for,that shit..... I would've.... Disgrace
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #86
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
neymar's diving was disgraceful


This is why I hate Spanish players (Brazil, Portoguese, etc.) their all cut of the same cloth.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #87
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,381
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
neymar's diving was disgraceful


F@ggot will fit right in with Barcelona. Him and the club coming together was destiny. No wonder he wanted to go there.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #88
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,640
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

im so excited the refs will be all over neymar's balls and all the haters will be on suicide watch


btw madrid signed isco
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #89
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Isco's signing by Real Madrid has just been made official. The transfer fee is rumored to be around EUR 30 M.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #90
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,474
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

He plays at attacking midfielder or on the left right? What a waste if Real is keeping their starters.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy