Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Justin Carter, teenager jailed and faces 8 years for sarcastic facebook post.

http://www.nydailynews.com/jailed-mo...icle-1.1391286

Anyone hear about this?

Kid in US who plays LoL, makes a dumb comment about shooting up a school on facebook (pretty damn stupid)

..random mom in Canada reports it. This was back in February. FBI picked him up and he's been in jail ever since. And now he faces a possible 8 year sentence. His bail is 500,000

Wtf....

Last edited by jaydacris : 07-07-2013 at 05:54 PM.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board
Default Re: Justin Carter, teenager jailed and faces 8 years for sarcastic facebook post.

Oh the humanity.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Justin Carter, teenager jailed and faces 8 years for sarcastic facebook post.

backward ass country, even if he was serious about shooting up a school why put him in jail, he needs mental treatment or screening. What message does this give off to others who may be having similar thoughts?

Go to jail for 9 years for planning something, or go to a mental hospital for actually doing it.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah I heard about that.. Pretty F'd up you ask me..

I would think they should be able to tell if he meant it or not.. Any evidence he truly planned to kill his classmates?

Any planning on his part?

Didnt he suggest he was kiddin?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Can't even joke about shooting up kindergarten?

Man that makes me wanna shoot up a kindergarten.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

I would be suicidal, too. It has to seem like the world is on an absurd conspiracy against him. Who the hell gets thrown in jail for a mindless facebook post?
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Dude looks like the type that would actually do it... Playing league of legends smh

Get a life
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Can't even joke about shooting up kindergarten?

Man that makes me wanna shoot up a kindergarten.

REPORTED!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Who the hell gets thrown in jail for a mindless facebook post?

People in this pathetic overly sensitive country. This ain't your father's America.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We can all learn a lesson here and that's Canadians ruin everything.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i read that comment and immediately realised it's dime a dozen stuff. we see it all the time online... we roll our eyes / chuckle / whatever... we move on.

over 18? on facebook? joking about killing children in this day and age? umm......

for all these people making similar mistakes and getting in trouble these days, they're basically putting the reality that exists in their head up against the reality that exists in the world today. why are so many people fighting this losing battle?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Yeah I heard about that.. Pretty F'd up you ask me..

I would think they should be able to tell if he meant it or not.. Any evidence he truly planned to kill his classmates?

Any planning on his part?

Didnt he suggest he was kiddin?

He did say he was kidding, I'm trying to avoid a Texas joke here so I'll say
I don't know, there has to be more to the story to justify filing charges and bail amount.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

can you imagine what kind of uproar there would be if somebody posted about shooting up a school or w/e, didnt get in trouble, and then followed through with it, and did it?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #14
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

cant he just claim his facebook was hacked like celebrities do when they slip up on twitter?
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #15
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Another article says they found no weapons but did seize his computer and that several attorneys in the area were consulted by the DA's office with before the case was filed. Another thing is the judge after reviewing the case doubled his his bail amount to 500k

Makes me think they found something on his computer that we'll hear about when he is in court later this month

I'm doing this on my phone so no link but you can find a couple articles from a month ago by googling his name

I read one from mysanantonio.com
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: