Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #31
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So, my 7 year old baby sister just beat beat Brain Cancer...

wow

amazing story

congratulations
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is a pretty well-respected posterenayes is a pretty well-respected posterenayes is a pretty well-respected poster

Great story, glad to hear your sister is doing alright.

Is it possible that she was misdiagnosed with the cancer in the first place?
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
Great story, glad to hear your sister is doing alright.

Is it possible that she was misdiagnosed with the cancer in the first place?
its a disease that can progress to cancer , ie lymphoma, but can be reversible before reaching that peak
in this case, most likely the imunosuppressive drugs they used for the transplant may have driven the disease and stopping the chemo stopped the progression of the disease

Last edited by bluechox2 : 06-25-2013 at 11:27 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #34
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great to hear. Really Great to hear. She is a miracle from the beginning.

Last edited by Pointguard : 06-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, such an amazing recovery. Makes me feel like a little bitch

Seriously dude, what do you even say to a story like that. I welled up a little reading it. Thanks for the feels.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #36
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn man.

That was deep. Cancer runs in my family, so I've seen plenty of my family members pass from it. It sucks. It's not an easy thing to deal with but that doesn't matter. Your sister survived and that's what matters. I'm happy for you guys my boy.thanks for sharing.

Whether it be God or not, some miracle or not, or if its just "chance"
I wish her the best. You and your family and good luck with the kidney game
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #37
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That is amazing.
The mortality rate is extremely high in those situations. I've had a very low percentage of survivors in my family. The only member to beat it is my sister in law who had bone cancer and was able to beat it with a marrow transplant.

I hate cancer with a passion. We assume if you live a healthy lifestyle you are immune to it. It can happen to the healthiest of people. It's one of the saddest things to have to experience and go through with somebody.

Cherish your time with your sister now. You've been blessed to extend that relationship. I'm happy for you and your family
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #38
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

Hellz yeah!
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #40
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW, I love how you refer to your 7 year old sis as "baby" sis. Very endearing
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A freaking warrior, her cells must be made out of titanium
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #42
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Congrats to your sister and entire family. Cancer strikes victims so unfairly, I'm glad your sister was able to kick its ass.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #43
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
The doctors assumed that there was a problem with her kidney and probably her low electrolytes - issues she has been dealing with since the transplant.
Give her some Gatorade.

Just kidding man, that is so crazy. Congrats to your little warrior of a sis and your family. I also have a little seven-year-old sister and I can't imagine her dying. Show your sis this thread. She's awesome and super inspiring
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #44
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP when he got the news:

Congrats, man.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
Le Shaqtus
You're next Temple#UCF

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I almost shed some manly tears.

Congrats to your sister and family and good luck to her in the future
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: