Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13564

Will be interesting to see if Pierce and Celtics part ways at all
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce

I'm sorry but I just don't see why any team would want Pierce.

Did they not see him play in the playoffs this year?

He's washed! He looked so old and slow out there.
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I'm sorry but I just don't see why any team would want Pierce.

Did they not see him play in the playoffs this year?

He's washed! He looked so old and slow out there.

He isn't washed up, but he definitely in the running for slowest wing players in the league. I think Cleveland does it to make a playoff run this season. And Pierce comes off the book in the offseason so they can make a run at the 2014 free agents. I don't think they want to blow their wad on guys like Igoudala or Josh Smith. No idea why the Bucks would do this. That team needed to hit the reset button yesterday.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

19, 31 and 33 for Pierce?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
19, 31 and 33 for Pierce?

maybe 31 and 33, but who really knows

i'd like them to pick up a SF with #19 regardless of whether they deal for pierce if they don't take porter at one.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
He isn't washed up, but he definitely in the running for slowest wing players in the league. I think Cleveland does it to make a playoff run this season. And Pierce comes off the book in the offseason so they can make a run at the 2014 free agents. I don't think they want to blow their wad on guys like Igoudala or Josh Smith. No idea why the Bucks would do this. That team needed to hit the reset button yesterday.
I think same reason as the Cavs. Some of the younger teams need that veteran winner mentalilty that Pierce certainly brings. The Bucks have some pieces that are intriguing but just has no leader.

Also, they need to put butts on the seats.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I think same reason as the Cavs. Some of the younger teams need that veteran winner mentalilty that Pierce certainly brings. The Bucks have some pieces that are intriguing but just has no leader.

Also, they need to put butts on the seats.

Agreed. I think Pierce can do a lot to help make them a playoff team. You make a great point of why the Bucks would want him. But I think they really need to just blow it up and build around Sanders for the time being.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Celtics can snag someone like Ersan with picks, that'd be great.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
If the Celtics can snag someone like Ersan with picks, that'd be great.

There is literally a 0% chance Milwaukee is stupid enough to offer that.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Why would Pierce even go to those teams? Might as well take a pay cut and join the Heat lol. But realistically, I would target the Grizzlies somehow and get it done in some way.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
Why would Pierce even go to those teams? Might as well take a pay cut and join the Heat lol. But realistically, I would target the Grizzlies somehow and get it done in some way.

If he wants all his money, than he doesn't have a choice. And the Grizzlies have absolutely no way of making that happen unless Boston wants Prince
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
Pierce was my wet dream when the grizz were looking where to trade Rudy. Unfortunately we have cheap ass owners.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Pierce has no say in it anyway. I'd like to see him in Cleveland if he has to go, but I want that trade exception.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Th e Bucks can absorb Pierces contract actually. Isnt Monta terminating his contract? Maybe thhe Bucks want to do a sign and trade.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Pierce on the Cavaliers would be interesting. I'd love to see it happen actually. A veteran like Pierce with all the young guys on the Cavaliers. Maybe make it to the playoffs and play the Heat?

How crazy would that be? Not just for the LeBron/Cavaliers history but the Pierce/LeBron history. That would be an insane first round playoff series.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: