Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
MP.Trey
Kyrieeee & L-Traaaaiin

MP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this board
Default Re: I'm fukkin done with the Cavaliers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
has there been a number 1 draft pick that didn't start in his rookie season?
I'm curious
2007: Greg Oden but that's not really fair.
2001: Kwame Brown only started 3 games his rookie season, 20 the next.
1977: Kent Benson. Can't find specific start stats but only played 18.7 mpg his first season and 26.0 his second.
1972: LaRue Martin played 4 full seasons never averaging more than 17 mpg.

I'm sure there is some back in the 50's and 60's but that's as far as I bothered to go researching. I'm a big Bennet fan but that's not a good track record lol.
MP.Trey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #92
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
1977: Kent Benson. Can't find specific start stats but only played 18.7 mpg his first season and 26.0 his second.

I'm sure there is some back in the 50's and 60's but that's as far as I bothered to go researching. I'm a big Bennet fan but that's not a good track record lol.

he's not going into a situation where the cavs aren't relying on him to do big things, plus Tristan Thompson.

Orl, Wash, Phx, Charlotte all would have probably had him starting.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #93
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey

thanks for the research
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #94
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

He elbowed Kareem 2 minutes into his first NBA game then Kareem punched him...breaking Bensons Jaw and Kareems hand. I suspect he started since it was literally 2 minutes into the game so he must have started as a rookie. Then Kareem broke his face.

Just a little trivia for you.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #95
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
He elbowed Kareem 2 minutes into his first NBA game then Kareem punched him...breaking Bensons Jaw and Kareems hand. I suspect he started since it was literally 2 minutes into the game so he must have started as a rookie. Then Kareem broke his face.

Do you know why Kareem wasn't an all-star in 1977-78 ? Was it because of injuries early on that kept him out of the voting ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I knew I recognized the name Kent Benson.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: