Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Star Weekend - 3 Point Shootout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
why would you say terry is the only one without a shot? hes a MUCH better shooter than damon jones. Im actually undecided on who i think will win out of jet or dirk. As for if someone was actually betting on it with the current odds, id put 20 bucks on jet(10-1) and miller(5-1)

I'm just not all that high on him as a set shooter. It was the same way with Gilbert before last year's event, because I always thought of him as a rhythm shooter, as in he'd have to get into that motion coming off a screen. Basically, I didn't think of him as a catch and shoot guy. I don't watch a ton of the Mavs, but from what I've seen, Jet is the worst of the bunch when it comes to shooting jumpers at a standstill.

And I have a mancrush on Damon Jones, so pay no attention to that.

EDIT:
Quote:
i really want damon Jones to win and talk mad ****

And that's why.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

how the hell was Luther Head not invited to the 3 Point Shootout? He's made more than half of the shooters in it. He's shooting a better % than most of them...thats sucks...

Luther could of won it..
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haha, I saw your name next to this thread, and was just about to come in and say Luther should've been in it. Probably over Jet since there's already a Mav there, and Damon's too entertaining.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll say Mike Miller.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #20
greenhawk
I airball my layups

greenhawk has an OK reputation so far

Who I want to win: Dirk!! Who I put my money on: Arenas!
greenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'm just not all that high on him as a set shooter. It was the same way with Gilbert before last year's event, because I always thought of him as a rhythm shooter, as in he'd have to get into that motion coming off a screen. Basically, I didn't think of him as a catch and shoot guy. I don't watch a ton of the Mavs, but from what I've seen, Jet is the worst of the bunch when it comes to shooting jumpers at a standstill.

And I have a mancrush on Damon Jones, so pay no attention to that.

EDIT:

And that's why.
jets a great off the dribble shooter but hes at least even with dirk as a catch and shoot guy.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Well Dirk won last year, so he's proved it a little more than Jet has.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well Dirk won last year, so he's proved it a little more than Jet has.
oh trust me you dont have to sell me on the merits of dirk(i have a feeling you know that) its just that from watching all the mavs games, jet is an AMAZING shooter.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Eh, I'm just not sold yet on him in this kind of thing. Maybe he can proove me wrong.

Damon FTW!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #25
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

I'm not a homer, well maybe I am..

but I say...

GIVE ME SOME HEAD!

LUTER HEAD...
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #26
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Imagine if Dirk had himself getting him shots consistently like Terry does.. Dirk would probablty be shooting 60% from three. Look how much Terry's percentages increased coming to Dallas and playign with Dirk.

This is the case with most of the shooters in the 3 point contest.. except Dirk and Arenas... this is why they should be the favorites. But when you look at Arena's career 3 point shooting stats they aren't very good.. nowhere near Dirk's. Dirk should be the clear favorite. But anything can happen in such a small time frame. Someone can get lucky.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #27
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Kapono will win it
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #28
raiderfan19
Shazam!

the one thing about dirk is that hes SO slow. He has a huge advantage if he gets to the finals because of the ease with which he shoots which prevents him from getting tired but its dangerous for him to get there because he could end up not making enough to get to the finals. personally i think the finals are gonna be dirk vs terry vs miller. any of those 3 could win it.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
vella@lakers.com
Banned

vella@lakers.com has an OK reputation so far

at this time last year, did dirk have the best 3 shooting %???? i cant remember, because if he did, then kopono will win.
vella@lakers.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #30
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Yeah. Dirk has a disadvatage because he has a much longer distance to take the ball from the rack and shoot it because he is so tall.. his shooting style is such that he releases the ball at maximum height.. which is great in a game because it makes him unblockable.. but it maks his shot slower..

Dirk also has a high arcing ball.. whcih also takes longer but according to his trainer who is an engineer this is the optimal arc for shooting three pointers.. it increaes his error allowence.. so he can be less accurate and make more shots.. Players that have a low shooting trajectory are less accurate supposedly. Ray Allen and Kobe have very low shooting trajectories.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 02-17-2007 at 07:21 PM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: