Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Fudge
RNS

Fudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation here
Arrow TRADE: Darrell Arthur to Denver for Kosta Koufos

Quote:
Hearing Grizzlies have trade in the works: Darrell Arthur and 55th pick will be dealt to Denver for Kosta Koufos
Per Marc Stein
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
hangintheair
Why so Serious?

hangintheair has not been impressing people
Default Re: TRADE: Darrell Arthur to Denver for Kosta Koufos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Per Marc Stein

Good trade.. Ed Davis would have a quality minutes now with Arthur gone.
hangintheair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

I like this trade for both teams, assuming Arthur can stay healthy.

Enter Javale McGee.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nuggets really want McGee starting apparently. Arthur could help them though.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

I love it from the Grizzlies perspective. Hollins refused to play Davis to prove a point and continued to play Arthur even though he was under producing. Now Ed Davis gets more minutes and Koufos can be a legit back up Center when needed. Griz will resign Jon Leuer as a jump shooting/hustle PF off the bench when needed.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Good trade for both teams

Kosta is the definition of solid, but had a major dissapearing act in the playoffs.

Nuggets will re-sign Mozgov who would have left if we still had Kosta

FT shooting was one of our main problems last season, and should be much better now without Kosta and Brewer (we'll still have igggy hopefully)

We get a big who comes from a great defensive team and can hit the mid-range jumper (something we havent had in years) + one of the PG's that impressed in workouts (Erick Green)

I hope Kosta does well in Memphis!
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

This means more consistent PT for Davis, which he needs. Also it would really help to conserve Zbo. He's getting old, and looked gassed by the Spurs series.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
I like this trade for both teams, assuming Arthur can stay healthy.

Enter Javale McGee.
Doesn't Javale have asthma? He is best suited coming off the bench in spurts.
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

does any grizzlies fans wanna give me a quick scouting report on arthur

i've always been a fan, but i aint no expert.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
kurple
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Doesn't Javale have asthma? He is best suited coming off the bench in spurts.
who told you this? George Karl?

he was fired because he refused to play McGee (and failing to get to the 2nd round year after year)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
does any grizzlies fans wanna give me a quick scouting report on arthur

i've always been a fan, but i aint no expert.
Solid rebounder/defender and good spot up shooter with decent explosiveness. He's the only Nugget big who can hit long 2's and will fit in well. Good trade for Nuggets imo gives them more spacing and a actually pick n pop threat off the bench.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
kurple
NBA All-star

some believe McGee and Faried wont be the best pairing defensively. And I get where they are coming from

Maybe Arthur even ends up starting alongside McGee. With Faried being a major boost of the bench playing 30mpg
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

So McGee will get a big amount of minutes?

I guess in the end the only person happy about this will be Shaq
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
some believe McGee and Faried wont be the best pairing defensively. And I get where they are coming from

Maybe Arthur even ends up starting alongside McGee. With Faried being a major boost of the bench playing 30mpg

McGee and Faried can't start together, they don't have any offensive moves except dunks and their defense is average.

I'm baffled on why they traded Kosta, he was the only big man that was actually a basketball player.

The other 2 are just incredible athletes.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
kurple
NBA All-star

lol. what the **** do you know

offense aint no problem with them. But Shaw better make them work on defense
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: