Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation
Default Earl Clark says he’ll turn down more money and a bigger role to stay with the Lakers

some good news.

Quote:
There’s sure to be plenty of rumors surrounding Earl Clark this summer, but the free agent says he wants to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers, even if that means turning down more money and a bigger role elsewhere.

According to Mark Medina, Clark is prepared to turn down more dollars with a different franchise if it means he can stay in Los Angeles:

Even if he’s offered a lower salary and fewer years compared to other offers, Earl Clark maintains he’d prefer re-signing this offseason with the Lakers.

“It’s not always about the money,” said Clark, who earned $1.2 million this season. “You could go somewhere with more money and be in a bad situation. I’m not trying to do that.”

Clark has said all year long that he wants to return to the Lakers as they’re the first team that really gave him a shot – plus, of course, it helps that they’re the Lakers.
http://lakerholicz.com/earl-clark-sa...ers/2013/05/03
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Earl Clark says he’ll turn down more money and a bigger role to stay with the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Earl Clark says he’ll turn down more money and a bigger role to stay with the Lakers

Earl Clark loves the LA *****
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's too small. He'll get bodied up if he stays a PF.

But you really have no choice in this era anymore. It's just too weak.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
He's too small. He'll get bodied up if he stays a PF.

But you really have no choice in this era anymore. It's just too weak.

He can also play SF, but

I'm glad Clark wants to remain a Laker. I just hope that if/when he returns, he no longer has his disappearing acts.

He'll be good for a few games, then seemingly disappear for a few afterward. I like Earl Clark so I'm hoping for the best.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Earl Clark. I don't think it's the smartest move business wise as a free agent to say that you'll take less money before you negotiate.... but maybe he's thinking other teams might over pay him then. Hopefully the Lakers can keep him around though. We need some young guys lol.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I like Earl Clark. I don't think it's the smartest move business wise as a free agent to say that you'll take less money before you negotiate.... but maybe he's thinking other teams might over pay him then. Hopefully the Lakers can keep him around though. We need some young guys lol.

I completely get what you are saying but he must REALLY want to stay here.
In his situation, IF the Lakers hear his offers are getting out of their range they may just assume he will take the high money, and without telling him anything, go out and get a replacement for less money........he wouldn't have a spot on the team. In that situation I understand why he did what he did.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's saying all the right things now but when he thinks hard on it he'll make the right business move. He hasn't made so much money he can leave a couple million laying on the table on the off chance he gets a run at a ring.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's an energizer....an energizer that can also fill up the stat sheet. I hope we can keep him and I hope he can always give us a steady contribution.

Who knows, if Dwight leaves, we can start Pau and Earl for now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:

Quote:
With an obvious hole at small forward, the Cavaliers will attempt to fill it with free-agent forward Earl Clark.

According to the Sporting News, Clark has agreed to a two-year deal worth $9 million. The second year on the deal is reportedly a team option.

Link

BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

didnt say how much money he would turn down. if the lakers were going to give 5m and he got 9m he would be stupid to take the 5m.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
didnt say how much money he would turn down. if the lakers were going to give 5m and he got 9m he would be stupid to take the 5m.

You know a ship is sinking when all the rats leave
Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think now that Dwight left he knows he'll have a big role with the Lakers. If he does well here he knows it'll pay much more in the long run for him. He'd be smart to stay.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #14
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm more devastated at losing Earl to the Cavs than I am losing Howard to the Rockets.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #15
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
I'm more devastated at losing Earl to the Cavs than I am losing Howard to the Rockets.
You're not the only one. Quality player.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: