Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood
 
(e)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,672
Default Draft Reactions

Tony Snell and Erik Murphy.

I was hoping for Plumlee or Dieng with the first pick, especially after they were still there when we picked. But both picks are intriguing.

Hopefully Snell picks things up quickly. We need his shooting right away. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays (remember Jimmys rookie year?) I do like the versatility it looks like he can provide by playing the 2 or 3.

Also hearing Nazr should be coming back. Still hope we sign another center, even if it is another minimum contract.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0
 
TheReturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Draft Reactions

I was kinda hoping for Dieng as well. I don't know much about this dude, but I sort of trust the Bulls drafting enough to believe that he will end up being a solid pick.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Tony Snell and Erik Murphy.

I was hoping for Plumlee or Dieng with the first pick, especially after they were still there when we picked. But both picks are intriguing.

Hopefully Snell picks things up quickly. We need his shooting right away. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays (remember Jimmys rookie year?) I do like the versatility it looks like he can provide by playing the 2 or 3.

Also hearing Nazr should be coming back. Still hope we sign another center, even if it is another minimum contract.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.

I bolded all of the players on our roster that can shoot well.

I'm bitter. Bulls are seemingly too content. I know that there's a lot of time, but I was really hoping for them to make some waves, with Deng as bait, during this draft.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Draft Reactions

I wont count Murphy on the roster yet. His best case scenario might be rotting in D-League for us until we see injuries, and even then might not play. Let's see how he adjusts to summer league.

This draft wasn't very good. The best part about this year's draft, were the agents ability to market their players hardcore through social media and blog networks.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.

Brandon Paul was brought in for two workouts - I could see him getting a look in camp as a shooter. I'd like to see another actual center signed/brought in. Nazr isn't a guy I'm confident in for the 10-15 minutes that Noah isn't (read: shouldn't be) playing each game. Taj and Murphy aren't centers, though Taj could play there in a small lineup.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Draft Reactions

I'm not sold on Butler as a 2-guard, I see him more of a 3, I think if Snell is as solid as he looks Deng might be on the way out.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Draft Reactions

And Dieng is 215 lbs iirc. I don't think he is center material right now and we don't need PFs.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood
 
(e)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
And Dieng is 215 lbs iirc. I don't think he is center material right now and we don't need PFs.
He's listed at 6'11" 245. He would of been a solid fit as a backup off the bench. I liked him for his defensive abilities, but he is a solid passer from the high post and has already shown an ability to knock down 10 footers.

I agree with Murphy, I put him on the roster because I think he'll get signed to fill out a roster spot on a min deal. I see him as a Matt Bonner type of guy.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,186
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Tony Snell and Erik Murphy.

I was hoping for Plumlee or Dieng with the first pick, especially after they were still there when we picked. But both picks are intriguing.

Hopefully Snell picks things up quickly. We need his shooting right away. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays (remember Jimmys rookie year?) I do like the versatility it looks like he can provide by playing the 2 or 3.

Also hearing Nazr should be coming back. Still hope we sign another center, even if it is another minimum contract.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.


Snell is a pick I like very much. If he proves himself to the staff he'll get into the rotation and contribute.
Murphy is a stretch 4 which is something i think we've needed on our roster for a bit now. We'll see if he can make the team or stay with us.

Agree on the fact that I'd like to add another C. Just don't feel confident as having Nazr as Noah's primary backup another season.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,699
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Snell is a pick I like very much. If he proves himself to the staff he'll get into the rotation and contribute.
Murphy is a stretch 4 which is something i think we've needed on our roster for a bit now. We'll see if he can make the team or stay with us.

Agree on the fact that I'd like to add another C. Just don't feel confident as having Nazr as Noah's primary backup another season.

I like Snell but Im quite shock at you guys not wanting another PROVEN SG.
Per espn, Shooting guards like JJ Redick, Martel Webster, Nick Young, Trevor Ariza, etc etc are unrestricted free agents.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I like Snell but Im quite shock at you guys not wanting another PROVEN SG.
Per espn, Shooting guards like JJ Redick, Martel Webster, Nick Young, Trevor Ariza, etc etc are unrestricted free agents.


Will they sign for the minimum?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood
 
(e)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Draft Reactions

I have a weird feeling that says we will resign Marco.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,677
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Snell will need some work in the gym, he is a bit slight. However, he has a nice stroke and has a good wing span which will help him in becoming a good defender.

I was disappointed that we missed out on Ricky Ledo, who went at #43.

Does drafting Snell tell you that the Bulls are sure Deng will get traded? I think it does.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Plumlee, Dieng, Withey, jamaal Franklin, Allen crabbe was all still on board! They liked him cuz hes a complete gym rat, incredibly long, and extremely humble and soft spoken. I believe the bulls are very picky on who they bring in cuz they don't want to ruin locker room/team chemistry. Rose is a sensitive dude and I don't think they want a strong/dominate personality around him unless he is absolutely proven. But somehow I believe Jerry Krause made this pick.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood
 
(e)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Snell will need some work in the gym, he is a bit slight. However, he has a nice stroke and has a good wing span which will help him in becoming a good defender.

I was disappointed that we missed out on Ricky Ledo, who went at #43.

Does drafting Snell tell you that the Bulls are sure Deng will get traded? I think it does.
I really think the only way Deng stays longer than this season is if he takes a discount to stay. Could definitely be why they went with a wing player in the first round.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy