Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Pierce Garnett to Nets...

... for draft picks and pieces like Wallace and former Raptors Humph and Reggie Evans.

Mind you coached by Kidd ! See how that works out.

I think the Titanic er Atlantic just got rearranged.

1) Nets "big 5" Pierce Garnett Johnson Brooks and Felton

2) Knicks "big 3" Melo Thomas Amare

3) Raptors

4) Celtics or Philly

5) Celtics or Philly

The Celtics unwinding is obvious.

The 76ers are practically driving Bynum away with a long term rebuild; I cannto see Bynum coming to the table for that regardless of Bird rights and money.

Bynum FA becomes the big man move of the year making Bargnani a less serious choice in a trade deal.

Safe to assume that the Knicks will respond for something a PG.

Last edited by Jballer : 06-28-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Pierce Garnett to Nets...

Based on draft day Philly clearly has zero interest in bringing bynum back.

Don't forget Brooklyn's new 6th man - the jet.

They may be a contender, then again they may be screwed paying top dollar (and trading crazy assets) for two over 35 players. Rookie coach to boot.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since the Nets have a crazy owner that doesn't care about the luxury tax, why not? It's worth a shot for them. They are one of very few teams in the league that can try this.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

It's a great deal for the Nets. They actually got rid of GWall's contract. Upgrade at SF and PF and Jet off the bench isn't bad at all. While I am sure they took on salary, was it THAT much of an increase? Pierce is expiring and KG only has a year left after this upcoming season. They are old sure, but I think if Pierce is your 3rd best player and KG your 4th or 5th, you're in pretty good shape.

Who is Thomas on the Knicks?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I wish we had an owner that would throw that kind of coin around,
but the greater concern is that they gave up 3 first rounders.

How will that look if they flop this year. And how big is their window?
2 years max.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

This is a good move. It is arguable that the 2nd best team in the east could be the Nets. They have a bunch of talent in their starting 5. 3 out of the 5 starter positions the Nets are better than the Heat, yes an old Garnett is still better than a prime Bosh.

If D. Wade takes a step back like he did in the finals, the east will be very interesting this upcoming year. Lebron in the past has proven that he hates playing against Pierce and Garnett. Plus Bosh sucks.

As far as the 3 draft picks. If one of their big contracts are set to expire I believe that they can move them and take on bigger contracts. Similar to Gerald Wallace.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
How will that look if they flop this year. And how big is their window? 2 years max.

Agreed.. and with Kidd as coach... hmmm.

I wonder about that cause Kidd has this rep as being a "coaches player" but that doesnt mean he can scheme Ds, set game ending plays and manage a clock.. I assume he will hire talented back up to himself...

There is a serious " Lakers flop feel potential" to this line up vis a vis Howard and Nash to LA
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Agreed.. and with Kidd as coach... hmmm.

I wonder about that cause Kidd has this rep as being a "coaches player" but that doesnt mean he can scheme Ds, set game ending plays and manage a clock.. I assume he will hire talented back up to himself...

There is a serious " Lakers flop feel potential" to this line up vis a vis Howard and Nash to LA

I think it's very different then the Lakers. KG can fit into any system. He doesn't demand the ball on offense at this point. As for Pierce, frankly they needed a player like him anyway. They have all the big names, but they fit together considerably better then the Lakers. Joe Johnson may have to change his game even more with Pierce there. If he can transition to a spot up shooter, I personally think they will be ok.

Having a rookie coach seems an odd decision. Perhaps they had the KG deal in the works (KG is like another coach). Kidd I believe has already hired Lawrence Frank as his lead assistant, so I think the team around him will be pretty solid.

The picks are a bit much, but in theory where they will be picking (20's and up), you can buy one of those picks for $3mill in most drafts.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: