Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Default Suns Draft 2013: Suns Draft Alex Len

Alex Len
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Maniak
Warm Winds

Default Re: Suns Draft 2013: Suns Draft Alex Len

My motto for Alex Len is going to be "I sure hope I'm wrong"

Was really hoping for McL when he came into our hands. I worry for him in Sacramento.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

Just who i wanted. Hopefully Hornacek plays him and he pends out well. Our core is relatively young, I hope we tank this year out and draft another top pick next year
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

The Phoenix Suns tonight selected University of Maryland center Alex Len with the fifth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. Born in Antratsit, Ukraine, Len becomes the highest-drafted Ukrainian in NBA history.

Len is a 7-foot-1, 255-pound athletic center, who finished a two-year career in College Park, Maryland, with an Honorable Mention All-ACC season in which he was also named to the All-ACC Defensive team. Len saw huge jumps in production from his freshman to sophomore campaigns, averaging 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 38 games as a sophomore.

Considered one of the best athletes in this year’s draft, Len is a rim protector with a 7-foot, 4-inch wingspan who recorded an ACC-best 78 blocked shots in 2012-13. Len, who turned 20 years old earlier this month, shined against some top competition as a sophomore. Matched up against Kentucky early in the season, Len scored a career-high 23 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked four shots. In the ACC Tournament against runner-up North Carolina, scored 20 points, grabbed seven boards, and went 10-of-12 (.833) from the free-throw line. Len posted eight double-digit rebounding efforts as a sophomore, including six double-doubles.

A standout performer for his native Ukraine, Len averaged 16.0 points, 11.4 rebounds and 4.3 blocks in nine games at the under-18 European Championships in 2010. A slew of impressive performances on that international stage included a 20-point, 17-rebound, nine-block effort against Germany, and a 24-point, 20-rebound, four-block, four-steal effort against Sweden.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: