Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #166
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Basketball Story

is there any more
and what happend to ice when he shot that one dude
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #167
Pharmacist
I brick open layups

Pharmacist has an OK reputation so far

where da **** did they get the guns from in the middle of a game? they hid them in their shorts while they were playing ball?
Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #168
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Yes, they hid them in their shorts. they were tight? idk. sorry.

here:

Zamaj looked up at Farid who stayed quiet. Farid started, "You didn't tell me you were looking for a child. Why not?" Zamaj shrugged. Farid sat down. Looked down. "I apologize for my actions, Zamaj. Please forgive me." Zamaj responded, "No matter, I understand. But you will help me on my journey?" Farid smiled. "We will begin tomorrow." Zamaj nodded and got ready for sleep.

They shared a room and in the middle of the night Farid asked, "Zamaj have you heard of Mullah Nasruddin?" Zamaj cracked a smile; no afghan in the world hasn't heard of the clumsy mullah. Farid laughed and said, "One day, the Mullah's daughter was beaten by her husband. She ran back to the mullah. In return, the Mullah beat her back and told her husband this: if he will beat his daughter, then he will beat his wife, damn it!" Zamaj laughed. They exchanged jokes the entire night until they said good night. Tomorrow would be full of surprises.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #169
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

bump
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #170
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

Bump
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #171
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Finished yet?
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:31 AM   #172
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Latest additdion?
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #173
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Keep it up man.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #174
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Zamaj woke up the next morning sweaty. He had a dream in which he had seen Ice kneeled down on the ground. Behind him was man with a gun pointed at the back of his head. The man kicked Ice around and was about to shoot him when the man looked up at Zamaj. It was him. The man was Zamaj.

As Zamaj made his way downstairs, he heard Omar and his wife talking. "...not enough food." "What do you expect me to do, Noureen? He is our guest and we have to supply him with food." Zamaj heard a sniffle and then the wife says, "The children..." Omar sighed. "Don't worry. Everything will be ok." Then Zamaj realized the children were not staring at his watch. They were staring at his food. Farid suddenly tapped Zamaj on the shoulder and Zamaj jumped. Farid started, "I'm ready to go when you are." Zamaj nodded and went to take a shower. Once he got out, he did something which made him feel like a human being once more. He pulled out a wad of 100 dollar bills and stuck them under the pillow in Omar's room. He then got in the car and drove off, leaving the family to find out themselves. Farid told him that he knew a person who could help them find Ice's child. An orphanage. They drove there and got off. Once Zamaj stepped out an old man croaked, "Forgive me, but could you spare me a few Afghanis?" Zamaj looked to his right and saw an old man, arms outstretched, begging. "Bas. Let's go," Farid said, pulling Zamaj by the arm. Zamaj handed the man a hundred thousand afghanis roughly about three dollars. The man hurriedly stored the money. "A world of thanks for your benevolence, sir. You look oddly familiar. What is your name?" Zamaj, interested, sat down. "Mahtani." The old man's eyes glistened. "Mahtani...your mother used to teach at the university. As did I. She was a great friend of mine." Zamaj blurted out, "You knew my mother?" The man nodded once more, "Yes indeed. We used to sit and talk after class. The last time was on a rainy day just before final exams when we shared a marvelous slice of almond cake together. Almond cake with hot tea and honey. She was rather obviously pregnant by then, and all the more beautiful for it. I will never forget what she said to me that day."

"What?" Please tell me." The man continued, "She said, 'I'm so afraid.' And I said, 'Why?' and she said, 'Because I'm so profoundly happy, Dr. Rasul. Happiness like this is frightening.' I asker her why and she said, 'Allah only makes you this happy if He is preparing to take something from you.' Farid broke the trance and interrupted, "We should go, Zamaj." Zamaj pulled away and asked, "What else? What else did she say?" The old man's face dropped. "I wish i could remember, beta. But i don't. Your mother passed away a long time ago and my memory is as shattered as these buildings. I am sorry." Zamaj protested, "But anything! Anything at all!" The old man smiled. "I'll try to remember something else. Come back and find me." Zamaj nodded. "Thanks. Thank you so much." And he meant it. Zamaj now knew his mother liked almond cake with honey and hot tea and she had once used the word 'profoundly', that she had fretted about her happiness. He had just learned more about his mother in 10 minutes then he did in his entire life. They left the steps of the building. Zamaj remembered the old man told him to come back and find him, look for him. But Zamaj never saw him again.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #175
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Keep it up.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #176
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

bump
Old 05-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #177
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

update it.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #178
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

this story is amazing.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #179
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, i thought this was gonna be a true rags-to-riches story or something. keep it up, i guess.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #180
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
man, i thought this was gonna be a true rags-to-riches story or something. keep it up, i guess.

it sucks though, he left ISH a couple weeks ago.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: