Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
CJ Mustard
Local High School Star

Default Why the **** didn't the Cavs trade down?

Nobody else in the Draft was taking Bennett 1st overall. How the **** do they not trade down for another asset when they would've had their player anyway at picks 2-5?
CJ Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Default Re: Why the **** didn't the Cavs trade down?

No one wanted Noel until like the 6th pick. And that was only for a trade. I can't imagine too many teams were willing to give up assets to move up. Weren't people bitching about how weak this draft? The consensus #1 and #3 players went 6 and 7 in the draft. We don't know what these GMs draft boards looked like.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Because no one wanted to trade with us. If someone would have traded back we would have done it and taken Bennett. No one wanted to trade so we just took Bennett. It's pretty simple. The draft isn't as easy ad trading down anytime you want. Especially in this draft.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

LOL at these threads. We slurp up too much Jay Bilas and Chad Ford and think these 'experts' are omniscient in all hoop related matters.

Its funny we treat them as geniuses and the GMs as retards. Truth is if that were the case they'd have the job.

Reality is everyone said either Bennett or Oladipo as having the most upside. See nothing too shocking about the choice. Maybe you like milk toast like Otto Porter or best case scenario Ben Gordon like MacLemore, but why not go for CB34 2.0

Bennett was the right pick, I applaud the Cavs for having the balls to make it.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

I think I'm the only cavs fan that loved the pick. I love our draft. Karasev and Felix are gonna be great. Hoping Felix is a jimmy butler type defensive guy.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
Because no one wanted to trade with us. If someone would have traded back we would have done it and taken Bennett. No one wanted to trade so we just took Bennett. It's pretty simple. The draft isn't as easy ad trading down anytime you want. Especially in this draft.

Pretty much this.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
I think I'm the only cavs fan that loved the pick. I love our draft. Karasev and Felix are gonna be great. Hoping Felix is a jimmy butler type defensive guy.

That was actually a very good pick. If he lives up to even 3/4 of the potential of a Larry Johnson, then you guys made the right choice.

I really like that kid.

P.S. Screw you guys for taking Karasev! He was #1 on the Bulls draft boards, and Tony Snell was #2!!!
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
LOL at these threads. We slurp up too much Jay Bilas and Chad Ford and think these 'experts' are omniscient in all hoop related matters.

Its funny we treat them as geniuses and the GMs as retards. Truth is if that were the case they'd have the job.

Reality is everyone said either Bennett or Oladipo as having the most upside. See nothing too shocking about the choice. Maybe you like milk toast like Otto Porter or best case scenario Ben Gordon like MacLemore, but why not go for CB34 2.0

Love the logic here on ISH every once in a while. Here's the scenario people: Bennett was #1 on our board, and Chris Grant - as he should - tried to do an over-the-top trade to land a stud. People laughed at some of the proposals, but he stood up. When none of them worked, he took his best player anyways. After that, he added the top-ranked shooter in the draft, picked up 2 second-rounders, and landed a big defensive guard at 33. Great draft for Cavs, and we still have a boatload of money and picks.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

you are big into canadian bball right?

how do you think bennett fits in with the cavs? and with tristan in particular?

thats the big problem i have with the pick. seems like we are either giving up on tristan too early, or we are trying to get bennett to play a position he has never played before (to my knowledge)
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

Why? Because they were greedy and unreasonable with their demands.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

It takes 2 to trade...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

Quote:

wat
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: