Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
7_cody
High School JV MVP

7_cody is considered somewhat cool7_cody is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Miami Heat will string together a 4peat.....

It won't be easy for the Heat to win again. I could see them getting upset by the Pacers or the Bulls this year.
7_cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Every era's a "weak era" for agenda-driven ph@gg0ts.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
1Time4YourMind
Great young streetballer

1Time4YourMind has an OK reputation so far

even if lebron is the best player on the planet and one of the best of all time itll be really hard for miami to win a 4 peat if dwyane keeps getting injured like that.

but if you put current miami in the eastern conference of the early 2000s? they get to the finals every year. ffs how is this not a stronger era than last decade is beyond me
1Time4YourMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time4YourMind
even if lebron is the best player on the planet and one of the best of all time itll be really hard for miami to win a 4 peat if dwyane keeps getting injured like that.

but if you put current miami in the eastern conference of the early 2000s? they get to the finals every year. ffs how is this not a stronger era than last decade is beyond me

i dnt buy this weak era BS either... but i dnt think Miami Heat (specifically, due to lack of interior size) would have ANY chance against a prime Shaq or a prime TD team, and both dominated last decade. Just my 2 cents.

anyway i'd love to see Heat 4-peating

Last edited by rzp : 06-29-2013 at 05:39 PM.
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
1Time4YourMind
Great young streetballer

1Time4YourMind has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
i dnt buy this weak era BS either... but i dnt think Miami Heat (specifically, due to lack of interior size) would have ANY chance against a prime Shaq or a prime TD team, and they both dominated last decade. Just my 2 cents.

anyway i'd love to see Heat 4-peating
they have a chance against 2003 Spurs. let TD get his, concentrate on ur rotations to the perimeter players. robinson wouldnt be consistent. if lebron and wade's jumpshot is going then they win, otherwise they lose.

but prime shaq? no chance, they get demolished by 3 peat Lakers.
1Time4YourMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Frozen1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frozen1 has not been impressing people

I know it's off-topic, but i can't understand how people say that CP3 is a top 5 player in the nba.

17 points and 10 assists on 48 FG% isn't worth of top 5 for me. And don't come with that floor general or that clippers are much better with him. Of course they are better, i'm not saying he isn't a good player, but not top 5.

If kobe for example was willing to pass, he could put 17 and 10 without problems. Wade had a 21-5-5 on 52% FG as a second option and people are saying he is done.

CP3 has a 17 and 10 and he is the third best player in the league.
Frozen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
returnofthemack
Serious playground baller

returnofthemack has decent reputation

its going to be very difficult for the heat to 4peat. they will be lucky if they 3peat. they might have missed that boat with 2011 loss. at this point they have played deep into june 3 years in a row. they have to be tired. plus you have trades that happen, new super teams are formed, upsets happen. I don't think they even make the finals next year
returnofthemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
BBallZen83
Great young streetballer

BBallZen83 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Troll harder. I love it!
How is that trolling. Bulls have given the heat a little problem here and there but there has never really been a rivalry in the big 3 era. Heat pretty much always have the bulls number. Especially come playoff time.
BBallZen83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallZen83
How is that trolling. Bulls have given the heat a little problem here and there but there has never really been a rivalry in the big 3 era. Heat pretty much always have the bulls number. Especially come playoff time.

The Heat beat us in the 11' playoffs by a grand total of 8pts. for the entire series. In the 13' playoffs, we had, quite possibly the most depleted roster in the playoffs.

8-2 don't mean shit to me, if you don't put it into context. 8-2 looks bad, but this isn't boxing, where you're stuck being you, and no matter what you do, you just can't beat a certain guy. We have the luxury of adding a few pieces, and changing the entire dynamic of our team.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #25
TheCorporation
I go HAM

TheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTheCorporation is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is this thing called competition. And when competition gets fierce, when there is MORE of it, the "best" teams don't appear as dominant, because they aren't.

Back in the 80's you literally had 2 teams, and that was it. Celtics and Lakers were going to win every year (Piston's snuck one in the 80's)

The more a sport grows, the more competitors are involved, the harder it is to remain dominant. For example, look at poker. Back when tournaments had 1,000 entrants, it wasn't as hard to have the best players winning multiple tournaments. Fast forward now, to a much more competitive game, and the same players who were once so dominant, simply can't be. Because of a more rigid level of competition.

Back in day, half the NBA would make the playoffs but only 2 teams were worthy of winning it all the way. It would be like if todays NBA had 8 teams total lol

I'm surprised you didn't know that as competition evolves, it is much harder to be a consistent dominant force.
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #26
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

How does OP actually type these words. I just couldn't do it.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #27
alleykat
High school junior varsity star

alleykat has an OK reputation so far

Nope....

U mean an era where not just two teams are dominating, but many are just as relevant to win a ring as the others?

How are u basing this? If anything the franchises are getting more and more competitive...

The last finals was one of the most exciting finals I've seen in awhile, far better than the last 2000 decade finals....
alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Weren't they a miracle finish away from being beaten a week or so ago?

They aren't unbeatable, clearly.

Chicago will be much stronger, Indy more seasoned, NJ extremely talented.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #29
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputationpoido123 has decent reputation

OP, don't cry when this actually won't happen...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #30
BBallZen83
Great young streetballer

BBallZen83 has no real reputation yet.

Lol come on man. Hyperbole I assume. When is the last time a team 4 peated? Boston in the 60s? I'm sure you are just trying to cope with another heat title and downgrade the league, but a four peat is beyond unlikely.
BBallZen83 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: