Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Anybody ever join a frat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
frats are the most reliable way to make friends in college though. what are other ways?

Ummm, not sure if serious. How'd you make your current friends?

Nevermind, you should join a frat.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Ummm, not sure if serious. How'd you make your current friends?

Nevermind, you should join a frat.
It is the most reliable way, that's why a lot of them do it. obviously there are other ways around it, but i mainly wanted to know your methods.
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I'm in one and I love it. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It is the most reliable way, that's why a lot of them do it. obviously there are other ways around it, but i mainly wanted to know your methods.

-Class
-Dorm
-Dining Halls
-Talking to people
-Groups
-Mutual interests (goes along with groups)

Are you starting college this year? If so, yeah, making friends first is the most important part of college. That's the #1 thing I learned.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm in one and I love it. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.
was ur hazing like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9TgiPl-WM
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #21
Balla_Status

Quote:

Man, and here black people thought only white people did shit like that.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Haha I attend a pretty small university. A sorority got caught hazing a few years back and was completely destroyed as a result. Organizations at my school haven't risked that happening to them since. So yeah...I would have walked out if that video was the case. I don't have the patience for anything close to that shit.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #23
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i had to suck a d*ck to get into a frat

it was worth it
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #24
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I was in a fraternity in college. Actually started the chapter on our campus so I didn't have any hazing at all. It was mostly just recruiting others and doing what we needed to in order to be an official chapter according to nationals.

From the stories I've heard the Asian fraternities were the worst at hazing.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I was in a fraternity in college. Actually started the chapter on our campus so I didn't have any hazing at all. It was mostly just recruiting others and doing what we needed to in order to be an official chapter according to nationals.

From the stories I've heard the Asian fraternities were the worst at hazing.

This guy and I are actually in the same fraternity. Different colleges though.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
The worst that ever happened to me was 20 pushups, and then during "hell week" they would wake us all up in the middle of the night banging pots and pans and blowing airhorns and have us recite history about the fraternity. They also had strict rules about brothers disrespecting pledges in front of girls and other stuff. For example you weren't allowed to order pledge pushups at parties with girls, or even refer to a pledge as a pledge. We treated them like brothers from day 1.

The torture, the gay stuff, that doesn't happen in the vast majority of chapters. I won't say it never does because I'll still hear a story every now and then.

Bottom line is hazing is a law suit nightmare. I know it was common at one point but the vast majority of fraternities don't do it anymore. If they do, it's an individual chapter going outside the rules. If they are caught doing it there are major fines and sanctions.

Schools and fraternities are trying to put a halt to hazing, and it has worked mostly, but there are still some pockets of it... and yes, it is a law suit nightmare these days.. I went to FAMU and they hazed like crazy at that school.. They even hazed on the marching band... Somebody died recently too from hazing and they are in deep sh*t over it..

My mom was the regional lead of a sorority and I used to get calls at the house from girls crying and warning her of incidents that had happened on nearby campuses.. She used to pull her hair out worrying about trying to stop the hazing and keep her chapter from getting kicked off campus or sued over some BS the females were doing..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #27
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
This guy and I are actually in the same fraternity. Different colleges though.

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #28
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

i cannot believe no one has asked the most obvious question yet

do you have wild parties and get to pump a lot of girls ?
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #29
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

I was in a social frat. You definitely meet a lot of people and greatly expand your social circle

It helped me get my internship while in college

Some people get a lot out of it and some people regret it.. a lot of it depends on the person's personality and if they can keep up with the responsibilities and having to pay dues
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #30
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
i cannot believe no one has asked the most obvious question yet

do you have wild parties and get to pump a lot of girls ?

Yes and there are mixers where you basically get to meet a ton of sorority girls
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: