Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation
Default Re: Anybody ever join a frat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
Yes and there are mixers where you basically get to meet a ton of sorority girls

i would try join the first day i got to college

here in Australia we don't have frats
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #32
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

fvck a frat. only met like 3 frat boys who acted different from the rest, all the others were basically carbon copies of eachother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
i cannot believe no one has asked the most obvious question yet

do you have wild parties and get to pump a lot of girls ?

this goes without saying. it's why these people are willing to forgo their individuality.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #33
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

professional networking? i've never seen anyone get a job because they were in a frat, in fact most of the people i know that were super into that stuff are the manager of applebees, so yes if you want to professionally network with the outback manager then a frat is going to be awesome for your career, otherwise you're better off concentrating on your degree.. frats are good for meeting people because you're too stupid to meet them on your own, and banging super hot chicks.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #34
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenuffff
professional networking? i've never seen anyone get a job because they were in a frat, in fact most of the people i know that were super into that stuff are the manager of applebees, so yes if you want to professionally network with the outback manager then a frat is going to be awesome for your career, otherwise you're better off concentrating on your degree.. frats are good for meeting people because you're too stupid to meet them on your own, and banging super hot chicks.

I have personally seen plenty of people get jobs simply because they happened to be fraternity brothers or sorority sisters of people who had the power to hire them..

And people who focus on "chicks" and the partying aspect of Frats are being narrow minded and only focusing on what it means when members are undergrad students..

In school, frats means parties and girls, but once they get out, they have connections with many people they have never met simply because they are of the same fraternity..

Dont think a guy who kappa wont hire another guy who is kappa when everything is equal... or maybe not equal..

It matters on a professional level.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenuffff

-All but two U.S. Vice-Presidents were Greek

-Since 1825, the founding of Greek organizations, all but two U.S. Presidents were Greek

-Of the Fortune 500 executives, 85% are Greek

-43 of the nation's 50 largest corporations are led by Greeks

-76 percent of U.S. Congressmen and Senators are Greek

-40 of 47 Supreme Court Justices have been Greek since 1910

-Both of the females elected to the U.S. Supreme Court were Greek
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was in a social fraternity in undergrad, professional fraternity in d-school. Had some great times and made life-long friends.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

I didn't do it when i was in college, but looking back i think i shoulda tried to join one.

It gives you a good group of people that will be your friends for at least those 4 years of school.

And some of the people i know who were in frats (my roommate from freshman year, and this other kid) still talk to some of their frat bros.

And of course, you get automatic access to the parties and you get to invite people in for free...which gives you power and automatically makes you the Shit, so then everybody wants to get to know you.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #38
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know some of the ones at my alma mater, Ohio University, got closed down for various reasons.

I was still able to meet tons of people, party, and have fun without being in one.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #39
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I know some of the ones at my alma mater, Ohio University, got closed down for various reasons.

I was still able to meet tons of people, party, and have fun without being in one.

Everyone kinda joins their own group in college. Even if you're totally against frats, clubs, etc., guess what? That makes you part of that group of people. Nothing wrong with that at all.

One word of advice: not all frats are the same. People have an image of a stereotypical frat douchebag and believe me those types of houses exist, but there are all kinds.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: