Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far
Default Eric Bledsoe to Toronto?

The Toronto Raptors have joined the Orlando Magic at the head of the list of known suitors for Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com the talks between the Raptors and Clippers are still in the exploratory stage, but the Raptors' interest in L.A.'s prized young point guard is said to be significant.

The Raptors have been openly shopping forward Andrea Bargnani for months and would try, sources say, to include Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe, which wouldn't necessarily dissuade the Clippers, given their longstanding need for a big man who can stretch the floor. But sources added that Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan is the Raptor most likely to tempt the Clippers, which falls in line with L.A.'s interest in Arron Afflalo in their Bledsoe talks with Orlando.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eric Bledsoe to Toronto?

If Masai gets rid of 2 bad contracts in one deal, IMO he is one of the better GMs and deserves executive of the year.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
If Masai gets rid of 2 bad contracts in one deal, IMO he is one of the better GMs and deserves executive of the year.

Judging by that article it's not going to be Bargnani and DD in that deal.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Judging by that article it's not going to be Bargnani and DD in that deal.

Still a damn good deal.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

I'd be interested to see if Doc can get anything out of Barngani. Throw in a second round draft pick to get it done. Bargs needs to be gone before the start of this season!
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Doc Rivers had high praise for Derozan last year, so makes sense. Also, Clips are definitely in the market for a SG, there were rumors of Afflalo for Bledsoe. The Clippers can also use a stretch big off the bench.

As for the Raptors, I don't see Bledsoe as a starting PG for a good team. He is uber-athletic. Takes chances on defense, but is usually a bulldog (a good thing). The game that has to improve for him is offensively. Not much of a playmaker and has no shot whatsoever. Really inconsistent night to night. He's a guy you love to have coming off the bench for a change of pace. He can get to the rim against anybody as he's fast and explosive off the bounce. I wouldn't mind getting him if it meant Bargnani is gone (and Derozan going doesn't hurt either). This opens up playing time for Terrence Ross. Bledsoe can develop at an easier pace; and hopefully, this means we're looking at an actual rebuild. Valanciunas and Ross will actually get to play by not being blocked by other players (again, hopefully, cause you never know what Casey will do)...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
One possible outcome to Clips/Raps trade talks: Bargnani to LA for Caron Butler ... with Clips saving Bledsoe for bigger deal or keeping him
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
One possible outcome to Clips/Raps trade talks: Bargnani to LA for Caron Butler ... with Clips saving Bledsoe for bigger deal or keeping him
Ugh, too bad.

I guess this was too good to be true. Dumping one bad contract and getting a decent asset in return. Again, the mess that Colangelo left is huge and no GM could "blow it up" in one offseason. The Raptors are going to be feeling Colangelo's legacy for a couple years, unfortunately.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Ugh, too bad.

I guess this was too good to be true. Dumping one bad contract and getting a decent asset in return. Again, the mess that Colangelo left is huge and no GM could "blow it up" in one offseason. The Raptors are going to be feeling Colangelo's legacy for a couple years, unfortunately.

I'd still do that deal.

Almost anything to get rid of Bargnani.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'd still do that deal.

Almost anything to get rid of Bargnani.
Oh of course. All I need to know is that the other player's contract is one year shorter than Bargnani's. I don't care who that other player is or what they do.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Just hearing that Ujiri is shopping Derozan in addition to the obvious Bargnani gives me hope of finally doing a proper rebuild. Even if it will take a while since the current CBA makes salary dumps nigh impossible.

Not expecting miracles, but progress is being made. On another note, the Clipse are not exactly addressing their defensive issues here but whatever. Any time Blake and Bargs are on the court at the same time the D would be scary bad.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: