Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: gringos!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arent getting that much cap relief and this guy isnt even a good player to warrant 3 picks. How did Masa doop Grunwald into this deal? They were giving this guy away for free and now he is worth that much?

This organization is a joke.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #17
Jasi
Quality?

Bargnani is a very good player, as long as you know what to expect from him.
That is, not what the Knicks need.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
Clutch
NBA Legend

Jasi won't complain for sure. After Gallo left he finally gets to see another Italian playing for the Knicks
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #19
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Jasi won't complain for sure. After Gallo left he finally gets to see another Italian playing for the Knicks

Well, as a Knicks fan I'm definitely worried

Gallo >>> Bargs
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Well, as a Knicks fan I'm definitely worried

Gallo >>> Bargs
I don't complain about giving up Camby and Novak. They are useless come playoff time (Camby maybe isn't but Woodson still isn't going to play him). But I can't believe we gave up 3 picks for a player that the Raptors were desperatly trying to get rid of

Last edited by Clutch : 07-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
el gringos
Good college starter

Some of you might know I think that is an amazing trade.

Building around Carmelo IMO was the best possible choice for the future of the Knicks. Bargnani is the player that compliments Carmelo's unique game best for the price he was gotten.

You are going to see that if Carmelo is put in different places on the floor than the typical 3's in the game. Carmelo's rebounding and assist numbers will go up- Carmelo and Bargnani will both see their efficiency go up
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

Building around Carmelo IMO was the best possible choice for the future of the Knicks. Bargnani is the player that compliments Carmelo's unique game best for the price he was gotten.

You are going to see that if Carmelo is put in different places on the floor than the typical 3's in the game. Carmelo's rebounding and assist numbers will go up- Carmelo and Bargnani will both see their efficiency go up
How do inefficient scorers team up to be more efficient?

Here is the bad; no defense, no rebounding, inefficient scoring, volume shooting, easy transition baskets for opponents, i can go on and on..... A free player should never cost 3 picks!

Here is the good; when both are on can be unstoppable duo, Bargs should get cleaner looks if the ball goes around the horn, it will make things interesting if they are both on the same side of the floor puts the defense in a bad position to double, the in and out game with Amare should help... I'm reaching here I guess the salary cap help is a benefit too????
Old 07-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I just don't get how you have to use 3 picks to acquire a guy who was booed worse than Melo was by Denver....at his own home court. I had league pass this year. I've seen a few Raptors games. Bargnani got booed worse than any player I've ever seen for home games lol. Toronto clearly wanted no parts of him. Ujiri is a genius for snatching 3 picks for this dude.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
How do inefficient scorers team up to be more efficient?

Here is the bad; no defense, no rebounding, inefficient scoring, volume shooting, easy transition baskets for opponents, i can go on and on..... A free player should never cost 3 picks!

Here is the good; when both are on can be unstoppable duo, Bargs should get cleaner looks if the ball goes around the horn, it will make things interesting if they are both on the same side of the floor puts the defense in a bad position to double, the in and out game with Amare should help... I'm reaching here I guess the salary cap help is a benefit too????

You're thinking too much into this move.

Bargnani is simply bench scoring help. A 3rd big man essentially behind Amare & Chandler and we're only going to need a productive 20 minutes out of him most nights. If Bargnani can't give you 20 solid minutes then he didn't deserve to be in the NBA. He might even be a 4th big man assuming K-Mart returns and Woody gives him minutes off of how he performed when we signed him off the couch last season. Think Cope/Novak rolled into 1 player in the rotation.

Novak was slowly slipping out of the rotation and Camby was a complete non-factor. How is getting any asset a bad move when parting with 2 non-factors with 0 upside to helping the team? The picks we gave up were 2nd rounders we can buy back and a low 1st rounder that we likely wouldn't end up getting.

You're also not taking into account the flexibility for trades that Bargnani gives us around the trade deadline when teams are looking to unload another "bad contract" and see the 1 1/2 years left on Bargnani's deal and maybe a throw-in.

What if 1 of these teams has buyers remorse this offseason like the Nuggets did with Nene? Whoever overpays Josh Smith? Iggy? We stand in line to have an expirer to throw at them.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Who is happy about this deal besides El Gringos

via: NY Post

Quote:
The Knicks and Raptors have made their revisions to the Andrea Bargnani trade but it won't become official until July 10.
In order to complete the deal, the Knicks will throw in Quentin Richardson in a sign-and-trade scenario to make the math work. Richardson was signed in the final days of the regular season by the Knicks for insurance but only played during garbage time in the playoffs.

The rest of the deal has Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, a 2016 first-round pick and two second-rounders - one next year and one in 2017. Because Richardson is added in a free-agent sign-and-trade, the deal can't be announced until the signing period begins July 10.
The Knicks and Raptors tried to get the original package completed by last night but the NBA was unable to approve it on a Sunday night. Hence, because all of the salaries change with raises or decreases on July 1, the deal had to be slightly revised with Richardson's addition.
The Knicks have added a 7-foot big body from Italy who can shoot and will alleviate the pressure on Amar'e Stoudemire, who is no longer viewed as a starter by the organization. Bargnani is widely viewed as a big disappointment in Toronto because he was the No. 1 pick in the draft in 2006. He's a below-average rebounder but can shoot the 3-pointer and isn't needed to play a huge role on the Knicks.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz2XpC1W812
Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

If they don't win a championship this year I'm expecting jersey burnings and a live-streamed seppuku from you.

Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

If Amar'e isn't viewed as a starter, then how is Bargs not supposed to play a big role?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
If Amar'e isn't viewed as a starter, then how is Bargs not supposed to play a big role?
Y Ju Axin Mi. I dndnt rite da Rtikle
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #29
redrich2000
I brick open layups

Quote:

I have way less experience than the rest of you guys but on its face, this trade doesn't look terrible to me. If it was just Novak and Camby then we lose nothing, the picks are a gamble, they can easily produce scrubs. Bargs is a gamble, maybe this magical fit with Melo comes off. In the thread on the main board someone was saying that worst case scenario is he expires at the same time as Amare, Melo and Chandler.

I guess the real question is could we have moved these pieces for something better than Bargs?

And isn't it likely that the idea will be for him to start at the 4 so his minutes sync with Melo? Then Amare becomes the 6th man, assuming JR isn't resigned? It's obviously a gamble but Amare has now had both Knees done and if he's healthy he can still give us scoring from the bench.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Gallo >>> Bargs

Se, nei tuoi sogni pił bagnati... abbiamo visto in nazionale
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: