Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #31
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: gringos!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the trade.

We are nowhere near any cap flexibility so it's not like adding his salary for two more years will do us any harm. As for the picks it is what it is. If we draft in the 20-30 range will we get a guy who can help us immediately as we are in a win now mode? And getting rid of 2 second rounders isn't panic worthy considering it will be at the very end of the draft(if it's a second rounder)

We needed a player to stretch the floor and as far as I'm concerned he's a much much better version of Steve Novak at least. He gives us options as well. We can start him at the 4 to play along side Melo and have Amare be the 6th man.

Bargs isn't a bad player at all. He just has injury concerns and he's obviously not a player who can lead a franchise. He won't be expected to carry the scoring load like in Toronto and we just need him to be a #3 option.

Lets be real having Marcus Camby and Steve Novak at $4mil a yr a piece is overkill.

I say it's a good trade

If we can get back some of the bench guys our bench is solid with Stat, Smith, Copeland, Hardaway, etc.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I just don't get how you have to use 3 picks to acquire a guy who was booed worse than Melo was by Denver....at his own home court. I had league pass this year. I've seen a few Raptors games. Bargnani got booed worse than any player I've ever seen for home games lol. Toronto clearly wanted no parts of him. Ujiri is a genius for snatching 3 picks for this dude.

the only thing that worries me is that its a 2016 1st round pick which may end up raping us in the ass like the Marbury trade.. Hopefully it's protected?

But if that pick ends up being the 25th trade it's a great gamble. The salary isn't important as Novak and Camby's contract adds up to Bargs..

Who knows maybe Woodson will turn him into a okay defensive player? He's a 7 footer after all..
Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #33
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

So is Bargs now Melo's number 2? This is Melo's new Robin.

This is what the Knicks are selling me?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #34
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So is Bargs now Melo's number 2? This is Melo's new Robin.

This is what the Knicks are selling me?

Not necessarily. He's a player that should fit well next to melo it will open the floor up for him. I think we can all agree that melo is best with a stretch 4, the melo-amare connection wqwnt working out to well.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #35
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
Se, nei tuoi sogni pi bagnati... abbiamo visto in nazionale

lol, ciao

Per me, solo come talento offensivo il mago superiore a Danilo. Come completezza, difesa, intangibles, non c' paragone...
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #36
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Io cominciaro parlare Italiano con voi. So un po
Bargnani e buono giocatore pero 3 picks e piu molto per lui. Raptors non hanno voluto lui. Masai Ujiri e un figlio di putana.

So guys,can you even understand what I'm writing ? Was this really bad or I can get a pass ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Io cominciaro parlare Italiano con voi. So un po
Bargnani e buono giocatore pero 3 picks e piu molto per lui. Raptors non hanno voluto lui. Masai Ujiri e un figlio di putana.

So guys,can you even understand what I'm writing ? Was this really bad or I can get a pass ?

Not bad Clutch.
At least we're sure you didn't use Google Translator because there are some mistakes... but overall, the message is clear Especially the last one about Ujiri
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Not bad Clutch.
At least we're sure you didn't use Google Translator because there are some mistakes... but overall, the message is clear Especially the last one about Ujiri
I actually visited Italy twice. Last time I went to Rome. Beautiful city,probably the prettiest big city I've ever visited.
I learned Italian in school so that's why I know something. To be honest,I don't really know how to talk/write but I can read/listen and understand almost everything.

And **** Ujiri. That son of a bitch always screws us. I approve Melo trade but I still think we could give less. But this Bargnani trade is idiotic. Ujiri basically got 3 picks out of us for a player they wanted to get rid of.
This guy is either a genius or he has some incriminating photos of Dolan/Grunwald
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #39
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
. Bargs contract ends when Melo, Amare and Chandler contract ends, it doesn't crippled the Knicks in any way.

. Knicks get rid of their two worst contracts, one of them that went beyond 14\15.

. Knicks give one late 1st round pick for a talent like Bargs, there was a time Knicks were giving away picks to only get rid of players and people were praising the GM (Walsh).

. If no team offer more than $5 mil to Jr (completely possible)

Felton\Prigi\Jr
Shump\Jr\Hardway
Melo\Hardway\Copeland
Amare\Bargs\CJ Lelsie
Chandler

I like it, probably the only way knicks realistic could get better.

Hoping Jr and Copeland stay here. Not losing hope on Copeland yet, he knows and he is grateful on how much work Woodson put on him, and he knows he is gonna get paid when Knicks have his early bird rights.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #40
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
And **** Ujiri. That son of a bitch always screws us. I approve Melo trade but I still think we could give less. But this Bargnani trade is idiotic. Ujiri basically got 3 picks out of us for a player they wanted to get rid of.
This guy is either a genius or he has some incriminating photos of Dolan/Grunwald
No he didn't, Bargs is completely worth a late 1st round, the guy is a former n1 pick for god sake. Getting rid of Novak and Camby is totally worth two second round picks.

2nd round picks for playoffs teams are pretty useless, they are late picks, and even if you draft some gem, it will be irrelevant because he won't be seeing playing time.

There is a reason all the 2nd round steals where on crappy teams, they had the chance to play.

Look at David Lee, he is not even 2nd round pick but i have no problem saying that if had been picked by a solid team, he would have been buried in the bench and probably would be out from the league by now or would be a bench journeyman he got lucky, he was picked by the Knicks a garbage team by then and had a chance to play.

Knicks can always buy picks or draft undrafted players, like CJ Leslie or... Chris Copeland
Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
No he didn't, Bargs is completely worth a late 1st round, the guy is a former n1 pick for god sake. Getting rid of Novak and Camby is totally worth two second round picks.

2nd round picks for playoffs teams are pretty useless, they are late picks, and even if you draft some gem, it will be irrelevant because he won't be seeing playing time.

There is a reason all the 2nd round steals where on crappy teams, they had the chance to play.

Look at David Lee, he is not even 2nd round pick but i have no problem saying that if had been picked by a solid team, he would have been buried in the bench and probably would be out from the league by now or would be a bench journeyman he got lucky, he was picked by the Knicks a garbage team by then and had a chance to play.

Knicks can always buy picks or draft undrafted players, like CJ Leslie or... Chris Copeland

Come again?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #42
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Come again?
How much better than Josh Harrelson was rookie David Lee?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I hope this guy can be healthy.... This is the guy I hope he gets back to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzazsJESZa8
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #44
Awkrewen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Awkrewen has decent reputation

Raptor Fan here. Bargnani failed miserably in Toronto and was hated by any toronto fan who ever watch a Raptors game. Most Toronto fans including myself would have been fine to just seem him amestied. Anyone who watched a Raptors game the last two years can tell you how he crumbled under pressure, failed to live up to expectations and was the target for our wrath on watching the Raptors suck.

However this has a good chance on being a trade that Knicks Fans are claiming to have won in a couple of years. Bargnani was unable to handle the pressure of being the main guy and is a flawed player but he is being put in a position to succeed with this trade.

Bargnani is flawed but skilled and there are a few players in the league that he would excel at playing beside. Melo is one of those players and I think there is a good chance the Bargnani you will be getting is the one from 2008-2012 till an injury he tried to play through set him back.

He may not rebound and cannot be counted on being the number one but he should be productive. I would not be surprised to see 17-20 PPG - 6RPG on 450 fg% and 350% on 3's. He is a better man defender than given credit for and can be counted for a block a game. Before he was injured in the shortened 2012 he was playing like a potential All-Star. After that injury he was never going to be accepted by Toronto Fans. To many of us have wanted to Tank and get a chance at the Superstar Bargnani never turned into. He can be an incredible 3rd or 4th best player but will fail everytime he is expected to be a go to guy. He does not seem to have the mental toughness. He seems to want to be robin to someone else's batman.
Awkrewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #45
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i see this starting lineup

felton
shumpert
melo
bargnani
chandler

as this lineup still can utilize melo at the pf position on offense and create a bigger mismatch for bargs on a smaller player out on the perimeter
and the defense shud be slightly better with melo switching back to the sf position and 7 footer bargs on the pf or switching with chandler

we got 2 7 footers up front, may not get blocks but can definitely alter shots
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: