Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #46
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: gringos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i see this starting lineup

felton
shumpert
melo
bargnani
chandler

as this lineup still can utilize melo at the pf position on offense and create a bigger mismatch for bargs on a smaller player out on the perimeter
and the defense shud be slightly better with melo switching back to the sf position and 7 footer bargs on the pf or switching with chandler

we got 2 7 footers up front, may not get blocks but can definitely alter shots
The only thing now missing to be the perfect lineup built around Carmelo is a gaurd that can shoot.

What you just said is exactly what I'd been asking for the whole time- Carmelo is not best from the perimeter as the best shooter in the lineup. HE needs to be closer to the basket, efficiency and playmaking for others will both go up

I know many of you think he couldn't do it but the highest ceiling lineup the Knicks could put out has shumpert in place of Felton. And you'd get a better jr smith if he wasn't needed to be the primary scorer/creator.

Shumpert
Jr
Carmelo
Bargnani
Chandler
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #47
el gringos
Good college starter

Felton for Jerebko

Sign sebas and Gary Neal and fesenko

Shumpert/prigioni/sebas
Jr smith/Neal/hardaway
Carmelo/Leslie
Bargnani/Jerebko
Chandler/amare/fesenko
Old 07-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #48
Awkrewen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Awkrewen has decent reputation

The Knicks this year have the potential to be a lot better than most people are expecting. It all depends on how quickly the chemistry develops and how willing everyone buys into their role. This team would not surprise me being anywhere from the 2nd seed in the east to the 8th seed.
Awkrewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #49
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I like Jerebko. Interesting player. And who knows what the hell the Pistons are doing, maybe he could be had.

Leaving Shumpert as the primary decision maker strikes me as disastrous, but considering the fact that in Woody's "offense" his sole responsibility would be bringing the ball up the court and giving it to Melo, maybe it could work...at least insofar as a gameplan like that could be considered to work.

I still want Dragic though, and I would trade Shumpert for him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gringos just wants us to trade for a bunch of his favorite foreign players lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I like Jerebko. Interesting player. And who knows what the hell the Pistons are doing, maybe he could be had.

Leaving Shumpert as the primary decision maker strikes me as disastrous, but considering the fact that in Woody's "offense" his sole responsibility would be bringing the ball up the court and giving it to Melo, maybe it could work...at least insofar as a gameplan like that could be considered to work.

I still want Dragic though, and I would trade Shumpert for him.
I figured josh smith signing would make Jerebko as expendable as ever

Playing shumpert at pg would mean a few less wins in the regular season- but more wins in the post season. Shumpert/jr would be an unbelievably hard backcourt to cover, and shumpert would still play a lot of minutes w prigioni so it's not like 35 mpg at point
Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #52
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Gringos just wants us to trade for a bunch of his favorite foreign players lol
Yeah I know it looks that way. I want prime billups and prime Rasheed but that isn't happening. Neither is Westbrook.

I want shooters around Carmelo and it just so happens that many are euro. I still want chandler for Ryan Anderson and Jason smith. So is it just whit guys now?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #53
el gringos
Good college starter

Where do you get a backup c for free?

I always really liked fesenko- anybody know if be is locked into playing in Europe? To me a huge body physical guy like him would be perfect.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #54
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Yeah I know it looks that way. I want prime billups and prime Rasheed but that isn't happening. Neither is Westbrook.

I want shooters around Carmelo and it just so happens that many are euro. I still want chandler for Ryan Anderson and Jason smith. So is it just whit guys now?
Nothing is wrong with having a desire to have shooters around Melo. Winning basketball is about defense and rebounding and timely scoring.

I think Bargs can help but the next set of moves needs to address rebounding and defense as well as another PG.

Last edited by Rameek : 07-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #55
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Nothing is wrong with having a desire to have shooters around Melo. Winning basketball is about defense and rebounding and timely scoring.

I think Bargs can help but the next set of moves needs to address rebounding and defense as well as another PG.
Another pg can always be found. It's whether you think you need a new starting pg or if you are talking about getting another backup.

Carmelo will have the best rebounding season of his career. And the more shumpert and jr smith play compared to Felton and prigioni will also affect rebounding.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #56
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Samuel Dalembert is still on the market We definitely need a shot blocker. I don't know if he'd sign for 1.7 mill though
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #57
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Another pg can always be found. It's whether you think you need a new starting pg or if you are talking about getting another backup.

Carmelo will have the best rebounding season of his career. And the more shumpert and jr smith play compared to Felton and prigioni will also affect rebounding.
I dont think Prigs is a legit back up. He was thrown in there because Kidd was terrible that was based on a last resort. I think Prigs can find a role against certain teams. Maybe he improves from last year with that experience from last year.

You are attaching rebounds to these little guys and thats not what this is about. The Knicks need a legit back up that can play serious minutes.

Rebounding and defense is about the front court. Right now the front court is tremendously weak. Nothing on this roster is about good rebounding and defense from the front court. Melo, Bargs, Stat are not the kind of players that bring that intensity and toughness and hustle from that position. Leaving only Chandler who is not a hustle rebounder or big body. The Knicks are in desperate need of a big body or as SAS (Stephen A. Smith) says a couple of goons! Goons that can finish and protect the rim.

Last edited by Rameek : 07-10-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #58
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Why would anyone give up any talent for Jerebko? The guy couldnt find any minutes on a trashy team like the Pistons. I would have given up Novak for Jerebko though.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #59
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Why would anyone give up any talent for Jerebko? The guy couldnt find any minutes on a trashy team like the Pistons. I would have given up Novak for Jerebko though.

Gringos rule is, if he's been in the league more than 2 years and he wasn't born in the states...we should trade for him lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: