Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ATT: People with jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
My cousin told me the company he worked for was hiring. I applied and got hired the same day. It's a small security guard company. Nothing worth bragging about. The place I work at right now is 50 miles away from my house. Should this place, which is a distribution warehouse, decide they no longer need security, I'm f*cked.
The only other posts my company has are over 90 miles away from my house. I already feel like shit driving 100 miles a day (50 miles each way), so 180+ would just be insane.
This is pretty much what I was doing, but it was 79 miles each way.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I am a project manager. I guess I was lucky one of the previous people I interned with knew people in the section I was interviewing with. They put a good word in for me and the rest is history.
Construction?

Most of the times knowing someone can get you the job. Doesn't always workout but it increases ur chances. My friend has been working at the it department at a bank for almost a decade and he regularly hooks up ppl with jobs in that department if they have previous it experience. He put in a word for me but it didn't even get me an interview since I have no related experience :/ I know plenty about computers though. But thats how life works.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Professor's email and a friend's referral. Friend also worked there. So I emailed the manager, as they were looking for web programmers with PHP experience, got in touch, and he asked me for an interview almost immediately, surprised it was that quick. But yea, so basically I was in. Only an Intern but it's a great start.

My favorite part of getting that job is that I didn't have to fill out an annoying application, which I hate. Just sent a resume and cover letter.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #19
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
My favorite part of getting that job is that I didn't have to fill out an annoying application, which I hate. Just sent a resume and cover letter.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
Groovy Kat
I brick open layups

Groovy Kat has decent reputationGroovy Kat has decent reputation

Correctional Officer. My mom worked in the admin part and they bumped me up to the top of the applicant pile. Looking to join the state troopers though.
Groovy Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #21
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
My cousin told me the company he worked for was hiring. I applied and got hired the same day. It's a small security guard company. Nothing worth bragging about. The place I work at right now is 50 miles away from my house. Should this place, which is a distribution warehouse, decide they no longer need security, I'm f*cked.
The only other posts my company has are over 90 miles away from my house. I already feel like shit driving 100 miles a day (50 miles each way), so 180+ would just be insane.

hey i also work at a distribution warehouse. we got almost a thousand employees and only got 2 full-time security folks

i work with software, i got this job after somebody from my old company recruited me

Last edited by magic chiongson : 07-01-2013 at 01:58 AM.
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #22
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

After my first job which I got through my school's job fair, they all came through references. You're never guaranteed a job but almost always an interview. With so many resume's it's hard to get your resume looked at which is why it's so useful to have a current employee or ex-employee forward your resume'.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #23
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Luck of the draw. I started working at this pharma plant back in 2001 on a temp basis because my dad was there. Kept moving up every couple of years or so. 12 years later...
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 AM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
How did you get it?
I'm assuming you don't have one right?

I feel for you man, I was unemployed for a long time. I applied everywhere and took many odd jobs to make ends meet.

I ate my pride and applied at Macy's, a last resort out of desperation. How did I get it? I just went online and applied Macysjobs.com I happened to apply during the holiday hiring stampede and I've been there for 3 years.

Give it a shot man, good luck!
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #25
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
I started at the bottom and I'm still at the bottom. I heard the best way to get one was to know somebody and I dont know anybody with a job.

Start making friends with your coworkers. If there is a company event then go to it. Any community projects take on some. Network and make friends.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #26
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

am I the only one who thought he was asking people who worked at At&t?

what does ATT stand for?
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #27
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
am I the only one who thought he was asking people who worked at At&t?

what does ATT stand for?
Attention I think?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went to dental school, passed the state board exam, got a loan from the bank and set up shop.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Got my first internship through my brother's gf, because her sister was an accounting manager there and they needed an intern. They hired me full time after 3 months. I got bored after some time started applying for jobs abroad through the internet. IBM called me for a phone interview, and after I passed they called me for an additional 2 in person, travel expenses paid. After a couple of weeks they called again me to offer me the position and I took it. Now this current job I have I got it because I knew from a friend here they had a good position they were looking to cover, so I went in person and asked to see the hiring manager to offer myself. Two days later I had the job, and now I'm a team leader in financial forecasting.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #30
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Well, I hooked up with a recruiter after applying for one job (I think through Monster) I didn't get.

The recruiter still thought they could place me somewhere, and did. I worked there for a while, then ended up getting a different job through the same recruiter.

Now a days it seems like recruiters contact me every day through linkedin. To the point where I have begun ignoring them.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: