Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ATT: People with jobs

Worked for myself doing speaking engagements around the country regarding Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency www.alpha1.org and organ and tissue donation www.donatelife.org

Marketing director of a large healthcare company saw one of my TV appearances, sent people to see me live, and contacted me about a position as a patient advocate and spokesperson.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

I work in advertising, got hired thanks to my uncle, who worked for the company at the time.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #33
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Replied to an ad from a government contractor that does field work for municipal assessors offices all over New England. Parlaying the experience and training into a job in a city or town within the next year or so.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #34
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Construction?

Most of the times knowing someone can get you the job. Doesn't always workout but it increases ur chances. My friend has been working at the it department at a bank for almost a decade and he regularly hooks up ppl with jobs in that department if they have previous it experience. He put in a word for me but it didn't even get me an interview since I have no related experience :/ I know plenty about computers though. But thats how life works.

Engineering.

I manage the design of our projects. Since we have so many damn projects, it isn't possible for us to design so we contract the work out.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had to ask the big big boss at my current place if she can write a reference letter for me.....so I can bring to my interview at another workplace next week.

Not even lying, I was a nervous wreck for like a couple of hours before I went into her office. Luckily, she was very nice about it and said she'll write one up for me this week.

Has anybody ever had to do that? Asking your current boss if he or she can be a reference for another employment.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #36
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

I am looking for a job in the IT field in jerseyy!! so hard to find
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: