Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I'm getting sick of how Biased Espn is towards Lakers....

You notice all the Laker bashing lately?
Articles pitting down Kobe...and repeatedly stating the Lakers have no cap room and a bad future.

Last time I checked we have a lot of cap space NEXT year to dip in to a great free agency period. None of that is EVER stated. It's just been Dwight dosent want to stay they have no future.

Can't stand the BS. We will be fine with or without Dwight.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: I'm getting sick of how Biased Espn is towards Lakers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
You notice all the Laker bashing lately?
Articles pitting down Kobe...and repeatedly stating the Lakers have no cap room and a bad future.

Last time I checked we have a lot of cap space NEXT year to dip in to a great free agency period. None of that is EVER stated. It's just been Dwight dosent want to stay they have no future.

Can't stand the BS. We will be fine with or without Dwight.

I am ok with howard leaving . I personally dont have any connection with him...

Anyways shaq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>howard
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Today's media is reactionary. Everything is set up to report the now in a microcosm not the big picture. Look at the most popular forums for sports discussion/reporting like Twitter or Facebook or Google+ everything is snapshots there's no panoramas being painted anymore.

Then look at the stars or big names of today's sports media. Very few of them are old school reporters and beat writers, they're bloggers turned sports guys, ESPN (as an example) doesn't groom people from within to someday become the next great beat writer for XYZ. They find the guy with the most popular blog, pay him pennies on the dollar and give him a title. He's had no mentor-ship no grooming for the position by a seasoned vet per se he's very much like a kid coming out of college after one year and headed for the pros.

Don't get me wrong there are good ones out there many on ESPN but for the most part there's more raw talent than real sports reporters reporting the news.

The second problem and possibly the larger problem is the audience. Gullible and not very savvy for the most part and not very willing to seek the truth.

Today's sports fan want's to be spoon fed the info and they never challenge it's actual value or if it's actually even true. One bad report can take years for the actual truth to become the excepted fact. Today's sport fans make up their minds with confirmation bias not facts. They believe the news they want to believe not the news they don't want to hear and the media knows this and feeds off of it.

Lakers have a few examples of this confirmation bias running amok in the fanbase going on right now as we speak but I'll use an old example.

The tale is, Kobe demanded a trade from the Hornets to the Lakers or he wouldn't play in the NBA, If anybody drafted him he'd go to Europe or someplace else depending on the story teller. That's the story, that's what some in the media presented to us long ago and that tale is still going around despite people that were there setting the record straight over and over again.

Until the sports fans as a greater whole demand a higher quality of coverage from those covering the game we're doomed to get stories/information that are made to generate instant retweets and shares on social media.

Another problem is the general blind eye those in the media have turned on policing themselves. Very rarely do we see or hear a reporter say that guys full of it.
I've been working on a project for a few months now and have gotten to interview a couple of the old time LA sports guys (one via phone one over lunch, it was very cool) and one person told me about a fight in the Lakers lockerroom during the 80's between a couple beat writers over a players quote. It wasn't who was going to break the quote out first it was the wording of the quote, they were both so obsessed with getting the story right they were willing to go to blows over it.

Lastly the media has become a tool for the athletes, their agents and the teams themselves. Players or agents can't talk to other GM's, GM's can't contact players not on their roster but you know if you call such and such reporter and weave the tale just right the info or misinformation you want to share will get out there. The problem comes in that the reporter (who knows damn well what's going on) can't tell you and me that. He has to present it as fact that this is the story, when in fact what it is a misdirection play, a bunch of smoke and mirrors by the person that leaked the story to fulfill their agenda.

There's good folks out there covering sports, plenty of them, best thing you can do is find those people and ignore the those that deal in crap and the folks buy into the BS

Oh yeah, hi Crisoner...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Today's media is reactionary. Everything is set up to report the now in a microcosm not the big picture. Look at the most popular forums for sports discussion/reporting like Twitter or Facebook or Google+ everything is snapshots there's no panoramas being painted anymore.

Then look at the stars or big names of today's sports media. Very few of them are old school reporters and beat writers, they're bloggers turned sports guys, ESPN (as an example) doesn't groom people from within to someday become the next great beat writer for XYZ. They find the guy with the most popular blog, pay him pennies on the dollar and give him a title. He's had no mentor-ship no grooming for the position by a seasoned vet per se he's very much like a kid coming out of college after one year and headed for the pros.

Don't get me wrong there are good ones out there many on ESPN but for the most part there's more raw talent than real sports reporters reporting the news.

The second problem and possibly the larger problem is the audience. Gullible and not very savvy for the most part and not very willing to seek the truth.

Today's sports fan want's to be spoon fed the info and they never challenge it's actual value or if it's actually even true. One bad report can take years for the actual truth to become the excepted fact. Today's sport fans make up their minds with confirmation bias not facts. They believe the news they want to believe not the news they don't want to hear and the media knows this and feeds off of it.

Lakers have a few examples of this confirmation bias running amok in the fanbase going on right now as we speak but I'll use an old example.

The tale is, Kobe demanded a trade from the Hornets to the Lakers or he wouldn't play in the NBA, If anybody drafted him he'd go to Europe or someplace else depending on the story teller. That's the story, that's what some in the media presented to us long ago and that tale is still going around despite people that were there setting the record straight over and over again.

Until the sports fans as a greater whole demand a higher quality of coverage from those covering the game we're doomed to get stories/information that are made to generate instant retweets and shares on social media.

Another problem is the general blind eye those in the media have turned on policing themselves. Very rarely do we see or hear a reporter say that guys full of it.
I've been working on a project for a few months now and have gotten to interview a couple of the old time LA sports guys (one via phone one over lunch, it was very cool) and one person told me about a fight in the Lakers lockerroom during the 80's between a couple beat writers over a players quote. It wasn't who was going to break the quote out first it was the wording of the quote, they were both so obsessed with getting the story right they were willing to go to blows over it.

Lastly the media has become a tool for the athletes, their agents and the teams themselves. Players or agents can't talk to other GM's, GM's can't contact players not on their roster but you know if you call such and such reporter and weave the tale just right the info or misinformation you want to share will get out there. The problem comes in that the reporter (who knows damn well what's going on) can't tell you and me that. He has to present it as fact that this is the story, when in fact what it is a misdirection play, a bunch of smoke and mirrors by the person that leaked the story to fulfill their agenda.

There's good folks out there covering sports, plenty of them, best thing you can do is find those people and ignore the those that deal in crap and the folks buy into the BS

Welcome back....hope u stay here...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

Espn it seems is full of tools at times that are more interested in fabricating or stretching news. Just so they can say they broke it first, or fuel crap. I only use them for scores. I know most media outlets try to stir the pot and see what they can get anyways.
The Lakers will be fine. With or without Dwight. I just feel ESPN is getting a good laugh at how The Lakers have fallen since they were last Champions. Yet every team has to rebuild. I get my laugh from 17 championships.

BUCK ESPN! LOL
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

They can't post something on the internet unless it's true.

Where did you hear that?

The internet!

Seriously, no website cares if what they print is true or not anymore, it's all about stirring the pot, saying anything to get people to READ your article whether they love it or hate it......they are reading it and that's what drives advertising, which in turn drives income. This is why I call Skip Bayless the biggest genius on TV, he says a ton of crap he doesn't remotely believe just to drive ratings, you either love the guy or hate the guy, there is no in-between.....he is ratings GOLD!!!! If you are not controversial, you are considered boring these days, it's quite sad.
Journalists in large have sold their souls and lost their integrity.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Every generation has to deal with biased misinformation and other nonsense that comes forth from different sources.

You could go back to the 8th century when monks did all manuscript copying/writing by hand. I'm sure they had many instances where they intentionally or unintentionally altered the writing or took a different understanding of something and ended up copying it incorrectly over and over.

Or you could go back to 16th century England when printing presses were first coming out. People with agendas could own a printing press and get into word battles with other people with their own agendas. Same goes when TVs and radios first came out; new channels wanted to get their information out over the air waves ASAP. They would rush their research just to throw something out there ASAP; they can always correct it later, but they want to be the first ones out there with something.

Today, it's nothing new, just in a different form now with something as vast as the world itself: the internet. Only difference is that today, it could be anyone from any part of the globe; in previous centuries, it was usually somebody local or from within the borders of your own territory.

I thought gts and dklaker and others made decent posts.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This reminds me of the year when the clippers finished two games ahead of the lakers, resulting in both teams missing the playoffs.

Reggie Miller started speaking out saying "The clippers are taking over LA, this is clipper town now". Fast forward a bit and the lakers have two more championships.

This stuff happens. Its good to have them offer some sort of insight, but they aren't Gods lol. All I care about is Stu Lantz :p
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gts!!!!!!

Please please please keep posting here lol.
Epic post as usual.

I live in the Bay and you would not believe the BS I hear about the Lakers on sports radio here. And of COURSE all it does is build ignorant minds about the team here.

Any how my problem with ESPN and the National media is that it is producing these clone agenda haters. But I guess that is just the way of the world now. SMH
Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW - watch nbatv if you want good information and discussions. ESPN is hype-machine and spin-machine nowadays. I try to not watch espn much anymore; I know parts of it will enrage me when I see something extremely stupid or biased. NBA.com articles are also pretty good with much less bias than some of the ESPN people.

Sadly, nbatv doesn't have much during off-season so other than occasional 'nba gametime', there won't be much else.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
BTW - watch nbatv if you want good information and discussions. ESPN is hype-machine and spin-machine nowadays. I try to not watch espn much anymore; I know parts of it will enrage me when I see something extremely stupid or biased. NBA.com articles are also pretty good with much less bias than some of the ESPN people.

Sadly, nbatv doesn't have much during off-season so other than occasional 'nba gametime', there won't be much else.

I watch it...honestly heard a but of the same.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This reminds me of the year when the clippers finished two games ahead of the lakers, resulting in both teams missing the playoffs.

Reggie Miller started speaking out saying "The clippers are taking over LA, this is clipper town now". Fast forward a bit and the lakers have two more championships. This stuff happens. Its good to have them offer some sort of insight, but they aren't Gods lol. All I care about is Stu Lantz :p

I love these so-called prognosticators I just wish somebody can bring collect and post all their bad predictions.
I remember Magic around mid January announcing that the Lakers DEFINITELY will NOT make the playoffs.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I thought gts and dklaker and others made decent posts.

Gee, thanks dude. just kidding.
but seriously, Crisoner, Bladfd, guys mentioned above etc etc, I enjoy reading your posts.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Gee, thanks dude. just kidding.
but seriously, Crisoner, Bladfd, guys mentioned above etc etc, I enjoy reading your posts.

I agree, everyone had some very good points to add to the discussion....you you too my friend Tam...lol
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: