Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Discussion: Is this team doomed?

I was thinking about this for a while now. Many topics have come up during the season, and during this post season. One of the bigger topics of discussion obviously include Dwight Howard, on whether he will stay with the lakers, or look elsewhere. There are also concerns of Kobe's future on whether he will be the same Kobe Bryant that has spoiled us for almost two generations, or if he will take on a bit of a lesser role because of his injury. Also, what will the lakers decide to do with Pau Gasol.

Here is the way I see it.

The lakers have set themselves up for a win-win situation. They brought in Dwight Howard, getting rid of an injury-prone Andrew Bynum (who looks like he will not be re-signed by Philadelphia).

If Dwight leaves, it is obvious we will keep Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol who has always been considered a PF, has slowed down considerably, but succeeded at the center position this season when Dwight was injured.

Let us look at the roster if Dwight Howard ends up leaving:

Nash
Bryant
Metta???
Earl Clark
Pau Gasol

If Dwight were to go to a team like the clippers, a S&T would most likely occur with us receiving a quality big man in either DeAndre Jordan or Blake Griffin.

Kobe Bryant insists that he will most likely be back during the 13'-14' season, and given his history of work ethic, he will be remarkable...without surprise.

Will our roster still be measurable to top teams this coming season? Or do we have hope that we will still be The Los Angeles Lakers?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Discussion: Is this team doomed?

Roster makes no difference at all if you have a moron in charge....next season I expect more of the same incompetence we got this year.......excited
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

I really think injuries played a big part this season, and because of them we never really got a fair chance to see these Lakers play at their full potential. And now, because of Kobe's injury, it might not be until NOVEMBER before we even see them all play together and that's if Nash, Dwight, and Pau stay healthy. So I'm not quite counting them out just yet.

And honestly, I still think Pringles was never a very good choice to lead this team.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

i think its more about the front office now if the team is doomed. we havent always had good coaches. the team can afford to keep going but i am not sure they can win.

you need good management with a clear goal/plan
a coach who can bring it together
players that fit with talent to win

with the newer rules it sure makes it hard to have the wiggle room to make the moves you need. if anyone is going to pull it off its the lakers.

kobe i dont think he should rush back. might be better to take the year off and 100% heal. might be better to be older and healed then back and not 100%.

dwight make the case show him the banners again and let it be. if he walks he walks.

pau i dont think we can get anything close for him vs what he gives us. they can try to trade i dont see it unless they take picks/weaker players.

nash and metta not going anywhere and i hope Clark resigns.

all comes down to A dwight resigns B kobe can play or not.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Arrow Re: Discussion: Is this team doomed?

Just like the SHAQ days eh?

Mitchy has been here before, he knows what to do -- although this process takes years & Kobe's years might be wasted just because of it. If Mitchy is gonna pull something off like he did with Shaq, I bet he's gonna trade the old guy & keep the younger one .... So who knows, they might trade Kobe. But I know the Lakers aren't dumb enough to keep Dwight -- FUCK HIM. Trade Dwight for Roy Hibbert & someone else? Danny Granger? Who knows...... That trade would make sense though if that's possible, Cuz' I know the Pacers realized that they didn't really need Danny Granger on the team.

Have yall ever read that article that explained about EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED FOR A REASON for the Lakers? It all boiled down from the Shaq trade, if we hadn't got this & we wouldn't have got that ... that was some serious breakdown. YES REALLY.

I hope you guys can find that article, it's really really interesting to read.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Just like the SHAQ days eh?

Mitchy has been here before, he knows what to do -- although this process takes years & Kobe's years might be wasted just because of it. If Mitchy is gonna pull something off like he did with Shaq, I bet he's gonna trade the old guy & keep the younger one .... So who knows, they might trade Kobe. But I know the Lakers aren't dumb enough to keep Dwight -- FUCK HIM. Trade Dwight for Roy Hibbert & someone else? Danny Granger? Who knows...... That trade would make sense though if that's possible, Cuz' I know the Pacers realized that they didn't really need Danny Granger on the team.

Have yall ever read that article that explained about EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED FOR A REASON for the Lakers? It all boiled down from the Shaq trade, if we hadn't got this & we wouldn't have got that ... that was some serious breakdown. YES REALLY.

I hope you guys can find that article, it's really really interesting to read.

To some degree, I don't think the lakers will need to repeat a shaq trade. So far we still have Pau Gasol, Kobe, and Nash. The current roster, as it stands, could not win a championship in my humble opinion. But what if we did some re-tooling?

Why are we so focused on the season after next, where we finally have cap room? Why can't we try to put a reliable young core around the guys who we already have? That could win a championship (if Poppovich coached...lol).
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Roster makes no difference at all if you have a moron in charge....next season I expect more of the same incompetence we got this year.......excited

Exactly. Since they were too embarrased to fix their mistake and fire 'antoni they will now let Howard walk for nothing too. I'll take superstar players over an over rated coach any day. The Lakers are in real trouble. At least they didn't trade Gasol, so now he can play C.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seems like LaMarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland. I would gladly take him over Blake Griffin if Dwight truly wants out. Maybe a package of Aldridge+Hickson for Dwight. Then I wish there was some way to acquire Iguodala for Gasol

Nash
Kobe
Iguodala
Hickson
Aldridge

I would gladly take that young team over Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Dwight than risk losing Dwight for nothing..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Seems like LaMarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland. I would gladly take him over Blake Griffin if Dwight truly wants out. Maybe a package of Aldridge+Hickson for Dwight. Then I wish there was some way to acquire Iguodala for Gasol

Nash
Kobe
Iguodala
Hickson
Aldridge

I would gladly take that young team over Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Dwight than risk losing Dwight for nothing..

Dwight's a free agent though. He can go where he wants. The Lakers can't just trade him to Portland because it's a good deal for them to get Aldridge. There's no way Dwight wants to go up there. They won't be winning a championship anytime soon. Houston & Dallas are the two best options. Houston would be a good team but I don't see them winning a championship like people there think. Dwight would potentially finish his career without a ring, unless he goes chasing one on minimum contracts at the very end of his career.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Dwight's a free agent though. He can go where he wants. The Lakers can't just trade him to Portland because it's a good deal for them to get Aldridge. There's no way Dwight wants to go up there. They won't be winning a championship anytime soon. Houston & Dallas are the two best options. Houston would be a good team but I don't see them winning a championship like people there think. Dwight would potentially finish his career without a ring, unless he goes chasing one on minimum contracts at the very end of his career.

I meant sign&trade. Portland is a young promising team going forward. With sign&trade, Dwight can get his 5th year, correct? More than Houston or Dallas can offer. Damian Lillard is better PG than anything Hoston+Mavs have

Last edited by bladefd : 06-27-2013 at 06:40 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
I meant sign&trade. Portland is a young promising team going forward. With sign&trade, Dwight can get his 5th year, correct? More than Houston or Dallas can offer

I know that's what you meant. He won't want to go there though. If he's not signing with the Lakers he obviously doesn't care about the 5th year.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #12
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Nash
Kobe
Iguodala
Hickson
Aldridge

Too many scorers bro, Iggy needs the ball most of the time for him to be effective, unless Kobe can turn him into a Trevor Ariza type of player. lol
If he can be that type of player, hot damn what a PLAYER HE'S GONNA BE. Imagine the things Iggy will be doing if he was playin like Trevor? I mean, he's a better player than Trevor, but I believe if he was just to change his playstyle a little bit ... he's gonna be a great fit for the Lakers.

Not down for Hickson, I'd rather get Robin Lopez if that's the case.

Nash
Kobe
Iggy
Gasol
Lopez

Nash
Kobe
Ariza
Gasol
Lopez
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers have several forces working against them:

1) Jim Buss - complete egotistical silver-spooned moron. He is the greatest threat to his franchise ever.

2) Mike D'Antoni - another egotistical moron that runs his mouth and says stupider things than George Bush (both Jr. and Sr.). He is not capable of leading a team to a ring... see #1 for reason why he is a Laker.

3) Payroll - with the new CBA, the Lakers are under incredible pressure to shed payroll and this will have an impact on every decision they make going forward. The new rules are extremely punitive and the Lakers are way, way over the new cap.

4) Kobe Transition Years - with the new CBA, Kobe's remaining years as a Laker and his expectations for compensation as he declines will continue to be a problem. The classiest act he could do is to play for Vets min after next season since he has made so much money on the Lakers payroll. Obviously, he will never do that, and he will be hurting his own cause (wanting more rings) because of it. Greed will always overtake Rings...

I have significant concerns that if Jim Buss does not step away from this organization and let Jeanie/Phil run it, the Lakers dynasty and prestige will be tarnished for years many to come.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Nash
Kobe
Iguodala
Hickson
Aldridge

I like Aldridge but not Hickson.
Hey, How fast can the Nets trade KG and Pierce?
What about renting these guys for 1-2 yrs via S&T with Howard and fillers?
KG has a house in Malibu, Pierce grew up here, Howard mentioned about wanting to play for the Nets.
In 2 years you get rid of ALL the superstars and create cap room for free agents.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #15
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Lakers have several forces working against them:

1) Jim Buss - complete egotistical silver-spooned moron. He is the greatest threat to his franchise ever.

2) Mike D'Antoni - another egotistical moron that runs his mouth and says stupider things than George Bush (both Jr. and Sr.). He is not capable of leading a team to a ring... see #1 for reason why he is a Laker.

3) Payroll - with the new CBA, the Lakers are under incredible pressure to shed payroll and this will have an impact on every decision they make going forward. The new rules are extremely punitive and the Lakers are way, way over the new cap.

4) Kobe Transition Years - with the new CBA, Kobe's remaining years as a Laker and his expectations for compensation as he declines will continue to be a problem. The classiest act he could do is to play for Vets min after next season since he has made so much money on the Lakers payroll. Obviously, he will never do that, and he will be hurting his own cause (wanting more rings) because of it. Greed will always overtake Rings...

I have significant concerns that if Jim Buss does not step away from this organization and let Jeanie/Phil run it, the Lakers dynasty and prestige will be tarnished for years many to come.

thats the most important part and i agree with it....

on a lighter note:
Lakers_Kobe_Fan: yoo DKLaker, my stomach is upset man...maybe its the Chinese we eat dogg...
DKLaker: Fcuk no man....its fcuking Jim buss and the incompetent coach we have D'toni...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: