Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Exclamation Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE

Last edited by Flagrant 2 : 07-01-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Kill Dog (NSFW)

http://www.cityofhawthorne.com/depts/police/contact.asp

https://www.facebook.com/hawthornepolice

Lieutenant Scott Swain: (310) 349-2835

kswain@cityofhawthorne.org

Human Resources: (310) 349-2950

Non Emergency: (310) 675-4443

Last edited by Flagrant 2 : 07-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Kill Dog (NSFW)

Looked justified to me

Also to the OP, there is a difference between detainment and arrest, one insinuates enough probable evidence for conviction. Do you know what that video shows?
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Tyler, the Creator used to live there.

Pretty cool vid.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What was the guy doing in the first place is what I want to know. The dog is innocent in all of this, I think that is where the issue lies. But what was that guy trying to gain from filming the cops, he could have just gotten in his car and driven away.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
What was the guy doing in the first place is what I want to know. The dog is innocent in all of this, I think that is where the issue lies. But what was that guy trying to gain from filming the cops, he could have just gotten in his car and driven away.

I didn't watch the video, I don't need to watch a dog get shot, but nobody should need a reason to film the police. They should be accountable at all times.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I didn't watch the video, I don't need to watch a dog get shot, but nobody should need a reason to film the police. They should be accountable at all times.

He was interacting with them too, other people were filming (such as the person filming the video we are watching) but they kept their distance. This guy was driving past and gets out of his car and starts filming and interacting with the cops. You can see the first part here (no dog shooting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwxa...ilpage#t=77 s
Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

The cop shooting the dog is just complete carelessness and indifference on this cops' part. That did not at all need to happen. He was just like **** it, I need to look tough.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Police shouldn't be shooting at a dog.

Dog? Really?
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
The cop shooting the dog is just complete carelessness and indifference on this cops' part. That did not at all need to happen. He was just like **** it, I need to look tough.
he was scared the dog was going to bite him. What did you expect him to do? Wait to get bitten? I would have done the exact same thing. It's me or the dog. It was completely justified.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

I'm as much an animal lover as anyone, but the officer's actions were entirely within reason. The owner is entirely at fault from what I'm looking at. The owner didn't properly secure the dog in the first place. Then the officer tried to get a handle on the dog's leash, attempted non-lethal force and then resorted to his sidearm when the dog continued being aggressive.

If it comes down to a dog's life or my well being, the dog goes down every single time...and I say this as a responsible dog owner myself who would be absolutely crushed to see my friend and companion die this needlessly. Hell, it hurts to see that video. All that being said, the officer is the absolute last person I blame here.

Calling this police officer a murderer, like some of these halfwits on Facebook are doing, is ridiculous.

Last edited by Derka : 07-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
he was scared the dog was going to bite him. What did you expect him to do? Wait to get bitten? I would have done the exact same thing. It's me or the dog. It was completely justified.

Probably better to have the owner calm the dog down.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Blood of the dog is in the owner's hand. Didn't secure it properly.

Such a loyal dog too, which got it killed.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never bring a Rottweiler to a gun fight.

I feel sorry for the dog but his owner is an idiot
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The police are a bunch of wimps. If you are trained to serve and protect the public and you are afraid of a dog?

The dog is not going to kill a grown ass man, who is trained, such as that police officer. You're going to tell me a trained man is afraid of a dog bite?

What kind of trained law enforcement is he to be afraid of a dog and a dog bite to have to pull out his gun. A dog is not a life and death situation.

9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: