Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #151
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Never bring a Rottweiler to a gun fight.

I feel sorry for the dog but his owner is an idiot

That's all there is to this story, loyal dog, dumbazz owner
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #152
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
People mentioning that the cops were already in a stressful situation need to realize these guys are paid to handle stressful situations. It's not the dog's fault he encountered a trigger happy piece of shit.

There are two faults here. Just because the police are at fault for shooting the dog doesn't mean the owner is justified in his behaviour.

Do you know what handling a stressful situation means? It includes the category - making sure people passing by don't interject themselves into the situation because it might compromise it. Their job is as much to handle the immediate situation as it is to make sure that other people are not interfering in it. Dozens of people were filming, yet this guy drew their attention because of his behaviour.

The dog is the victim in the story, just because the guy owned the dog doesn't make him a victim too. Unless you call him a victim of his own reckless and stupid behaviour.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #153
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

The cops should have never messed with the guy to begin with. THAT'S what caused the dog to get shot.

Just for clarification, here's the timeline of events:

1. Guy is on the street corner, dog on leash, recording the cops.
2. Two cops half a block up start discussing his presence.
3. They begin to walk towards him after staring at him.
4. The guy puts his dog in the car and walks toward the cops.
5. The cop motions for him to turn around, and detains him.
6. The two cops then assault the man, and the dog starts barking and gets out of the car.
7. The dog goes over to the cops and starts barking for his owner.
8. The cop reaches out for the dog, but not for the leash.
9. When the dog bucks up at the officer, he shoots him four times.

Since it is not illegal to film public servants in the commission of their duties, nor is it illegal to have a dog on a leash, the cops instigated the actions that took place, and are fully responsible for the results.

Simply put, those cops who assaulted him, arrested him, and shot his dog are all engaged in criminal acts, to which this department is doing it's very best to tap dance away from and cover up.

There were extra cops (the ones involved) why didn't they set up a perimeter?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #154
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
The cops should have never messed with the guy to begin with. THAT'S what caused the dog to get shot.

Just for clarification, here's the timeline of events:

1. Guy is on the street corner, dog on leash, recording the cops.
2. Two cops half a block up start discussing his presence.
3. They begin to walk towards him after staring at him.
4. The guy puts his dog in the car and walks toward the cops.
5. The cop motions for him to turn around, and detains him.
6. The two cops then assault the man, and the dog starts barking and gets out of the car.
7. The dog goes over to the cops and starts barking for his owner.
8. The cop reaches out for the dog, but not for the leash.
9. When the dog bucks up at the officer, he shoots him four times.

Since it is not illegal to film public servants in the commission of their duties, nor is it illegal to have a dog on a leash, the cops instigated the actions that took place, and are fully responsible for the results.

Simply put, those cops who assaulted him, arrested him, and shot his dog are all engaged in criminal acts, to which this department is doing it's very best to tap dance away from and cover up.

There were extra cops (the ones involved) why didn't they set up a perimeter?
What about blaring his music so loud and refuse to cooperate when they told him to turn it down and not be too close to the area?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #155
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Why didn't they put a perimeter up? There was a swat team handling the situation plus how many extra cops? How hard it is to put a barricade or tape up? The irony of the whole story is they arrest him for video taping, and after all this bullshit happened they are now asking the community to send in their videos so they can see what happened... What a ****ing joke of a police department.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #156
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
What about blaring his music so loud and refuse to cooperate when they told him to turn it down and not be too close to the area?
Or blocking the intersection to begin with and having to be told to move the car. Then he moves the car to the curb gets out but leaves music blaring. Tells cops to "f*ck off it's my radio" when they ask him to turn it down. tells cops he's there to protect people's civil rights.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #157
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Why didn't they put a perimeter up? There was a swat team handling the situation plus how many extra cops? How hard it is to put a barricade or tape up? The irony of the whole story is they arrest him for video taping, and after all this bullshit happened they are now asking the community to send in their videos so they can see what happened... What a ****ing joke of a police department.
So if they didn't put up a perimeter it's okay to just waltz in with a boombox. Even after told otherwise by a policeman.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #158
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Meh I am not saying the dog owner wasn't at fault of course he was, but most civilians are ****ing retarded, cops have more power than any regular civilian therefore should have better judgement.

They executed the dog.

Last edited by brandonislegend : 07-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #159
iamgine

Quote:
Meh I am not saying the dog owner wasn't at fault of course he was, but most civilians are ****ing retarded, cops have more power than any regular civilian therefore should have better judgement.
I think they handled it like it should be handled. Detain the troublemaker. Kill a hostile dog.

If the dog had jumped the police, the discussion would be "why didn't the police shoot it beforehand when they see it's very hostile. What retarded cops."
Old 07-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #160
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I think they handled it like it should be handled. Detain the troublemaker. Kill a hostile dog.

If the dog had jumped the police, the discussion would be "why didn't the police shoot it beforehand when they see it's very hostile. What retarded cops."
Or if he bit the owner while handcuffed, People forget that once a person is cuffed they are the responsibility of the PD to be kept safe.

And everyone spare me the why would the dog bite it's owner questions. Dogs are odd and can react to stress in odd ways

I still feel bad for the dog. I still think the owner is an idiot but now that I've read up on him I think he's an assh*le and an idiot, this situation was 100% provoked on his part. He just didn't get the outcome he was hoping for.

Last edited by daily : 07-03-2013 at 10:58 PM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #161
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Or if he bit the owner while handcuffed, People forget that once a person is cuffed they are the responsibility of the PD to be kept safe.

And everyone spare me the why would the dog bite it's owner questions. Dogs are odd and can react to stress in odd ways

I still feel bad for the dog. I still think the owner is an idiot but now that I've read up on him I think he's an assh*le and an idiot, this situation was 100% provoked on his part. He just didn't get the outcome he was hoping for.

Meh I say 70% his fault 30% cops...both were morons that day.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #162
iamgine

Quote:
Meh I say 70% his fault 30% cops...both were morons that day.
Nah just the owner
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #163
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

They executed the dog.
Do you know what an execution is? Did the police officer have full control of the dog? Seriously, bunch of idiots on this board.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #164
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The police officer was supposedly going for the leash? Let me ask why he was going for the leash. It's not like having a leash would effectively stop the dog, if the dog was indeed dangerous.

From the video, I see the police officer provoking the dog. Again, what makes one think that he was grabbing the leash? There's a reason why dog catchers have one of these.

It was provocation. The dog already backed off and sniffing the ground. The cop aggressively approaches the dog with gun in hand and ready to shoot.

They were tired of the dog owner and to get him back for all his trash talking was to shoot his dog.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #165
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both sides made mistakes. I mean the guy provoked the cops by filming them and not doing what he should be doing. He didn't even secure the dog inside his car. The cops have the right to do what they did to the guy and the killing of the dog was just the result of the carelessness of the owner.

And about the killing of the dog, it's completely justified. What would you do if a hostile dog tried to attack you and you can't just run but you have a gun? Just let it bite you? No. You shoot it for your own or other people's safety. I was just wondering why they don't have a taser to use or let the owner get his pet calmed, though. The cops hold some of the blame but it's mostly the owner's fault. Still, I feel bad for the dog, and for the cops who are now in the hot seat because the general public blame them for the killing of them dog when it was the owners fault that his pet got killed.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: