Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #166
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Did you guys watch the video?

The police shot the mans dog, not the dogs owner.

The police had no reason to even approach the man, he wasn't doing anything illegal. They illegally detained him.

Instead of killing an innocent dog I would have either simply brushed it away, uncuff the man and allow him to detain his dog, or at the most SEVERE I would have tazed the dog.

But the cops in this video are pieces of sh1t, like most cops.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #167
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Trained in combat, armed and dangerous.

-vs-

A dog.

Do you guys not see what's wrong here? A trained and armed man is afraid of a dog? They executed the dog. If the dog wanted to bite, it would have did it the first time. They don't stop in their tracks. This particular dog stopped and went sniffing. Till the officer approached it with a foreign object, unknown to the dog.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #168
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

The whole situation derived from an illegal detention, so the cops are most at fault. However if a huge dog was lunging at me as a civilian, specially a Rottie, and I was packing heat, I would have shot it without hesitation. The black dude didn't listen to his grandma though: don't go looking for trouble or trouble will find you.

If you found someone taking pictures of your little daughter at a public park, and you told him to stop and he wouldn't because he's not doing anything illegal, you would still try to to kick his ass. What I'm saying is the dude could have avoided the situation by not being so overtly daring while filming them and having the loud music on.

Last edited by Ancient Legend : 07-04-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #169
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

The awkward moment UPS, FedEx, Post Office employees, and others across the country handle dogs more effectively, and far less violently, than trained officers...
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #170
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
The awkward moment UPS, FedEx, Post Office employees, and others across the country handle dogs more effectively, and far less violently, than trained officers...
I'd say they handled it very effectively other than maybe they could waste less bullets and work on their aim so it's a one shot kill next time.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #171
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

I sincerely hope that police officer has a huge date with karma. Hopefully something newsworthy so I can get some satisfaction out of it. Hopefully that photographer is a connected gangbanger or some shit
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #172
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend

If you found someone taking pictures of your little daughter at a public park, and you told him to stop and he wouldn't because he's not doing anything illegal, you would still try to to kick his ass. What I'm saying is the dude could have avoided the situation by not being so overtly daring while filming them and having the loud music on.

What a retarded connection. Some random taking pictures of a little girl vs a guy filming police(INCREDIBLY POPULAR BTW) in a hectic situation. Yeah really similar, really it's almost like painting free candy on a van and abducting children. I wouldn't stand for that, so would why the police stand for getting filmed

Dude put himself in the situation, agreed. He didn't do it against a civilian who follows his own personal beliefs but against the Police department. They don't exactly follow the same set of rules. Just because there annoyed or upset doesn't mean they can go off book, it's why we have the system in place.

I wouldn't want to be a cop for that reason. Have people fcking with you constantly would suck but it's what you sign up for.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #173
Phantom_Blue
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
Both sides made mistakes. I mean the guy provoked the cops by filming them and not doing what he should be doing. He didn't even secure the dog inside his car. The cops have the right to do what they did to the guy and the killing of the dog was just the result of the carelessness of the owner.

And about the killing of the dog, it's completely justified. What would you do if a hostile dog tried to attack you and you can't just run but you have a gun? Just let it bite you? No. You shoot it for your own or other people's safety. I was just wondering why they don't have a taser to use or let the owner get his pet calmed, though. The cops hold some of the blame but it's mostly the owner's fault. Still, I feel bad for the dog, and for the cops who are now in the hot seat because the general public blame them for the killing of them dog when it was the owners fault that his pet got killed.

Again, there were so many other ways, some that you listed that this could have been handled. I don't blame the cop if he just got scared shitless and he regrets it and gets suspended, but for people to say its "Justified" wtf lol.

That's like saying we should all pack some heat, next time we go to pet a dog and it barks at us, just pump it full of bullets. Not even shoot a warning shot, just put it out its misery for defending itself. It's self defense for us and its justified. That dog shouldn't be mean and should be more understanding of my intentions.

Holy **** there's some dumbasses on this forum lol.
Phantom_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #174
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
Again, there were so many other ways, some that you listed that this could have been handled. I don't blame the cop if he just got scared shitless and he regrets it and gets suspended, but for people to say its "Justified" wtf lol.

That's like saying we should all pack some heat, next time we go to pet a dog and it barks at us, just pump it full of bullets. Not even shoot a warning shot, just put it out its misery for defending itself. It's self defense for us and its justified. That dog shouldn't be mean and should be more understanding of my intentions.

Holy **** there's some dumbasses on this forum lol.
If you are doing police work and a random rottweiler is being very hostile towards you and interrupting your work. Then yeah pump it full of bullets.

People forget this is a rottweiler. That breed is very protective.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #175
aj1987
College superstar

9er isn't a troll? I was just hoping for his sake that he was a troll. Damn!

Anyways, that guy should get his ass kicked for putting his dog in that situation. He's the reason why the dog is dead. Not gonna blame the cops for this one.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #176
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
They didn't kill the dog on purpose.

If you say so
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #177
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

Yup. We should be allowed to carry guns now and shoot dogs for interrupting our work.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #178
Just2McFly
All Figured Out

i've never had a pet, not a dog person at all, but f*ck every one who is giving the blame to the owner in this thread. i dont what kind of world you live in, but this whole "if he wasnt there, his dog wouldn't have been shot" mentality is retarded.

keep making excuses for trigger happy cops like they don't reside in your area, what a bunch of f*ck tards. its getting so bad out here, n*ggas are going to have to buy bulletproof vests for their dogs man.. god damn.

What's next? Cops letting off a clip into someone's fish tank?

fact is they are trained to handle pressure packed situations, yet they are blasting away dogs when they could have just had the owner calm down and restrain his own pet?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #179
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Not shocked to see cops do something like that. They can be very reckless at times.. tasing old women and children... Punching females in the face.. Shooting dogs.. just acting like idiots

Cops are generally out of control.. Its ridiculous.. There are many ways to handle the situation without killing the dog, but cops are like that nowadays. Not all cops are out of control, but way too many of them are.

People in here defending them wont get it until their reckless behavior affects you
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #180
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If you say so

Well, I didn't see the cops shoot a dog that was simply walking on the street or even just barking at them. I saw a dog trying to attack cops that were detaining the idiot who wasn't careful enough to prevent this incident from escalating.

I agree, cops are scum and they have done a lot of ****ed up shit recently but this incident is not one of them. I do agree that the cop could have simply tazzed the dog or tried to restrain it I guess, but at the same time he was just protecting himself. You guys are acting like the cop came to the car opened the door and shot the dog for no reason.

Did the dog not try to attack the cops while they were doing their job?
How the hell can you blame the cop in this situation and not the owner is beyond me. You can say it was excessive and I'd agree but I don't think it's unnecessary. Cop was protecting himself and they never asked that idiot to provoke them. They didn't even pay attention to him until he started to instigate them further.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: