Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #91
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Apparently it was a hostage situation, this guy drove up blaring music, parked as close as possible to the scene and started antagonizing cops.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #92
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Apparently it was a hostage situation, this guy drove up blaring music, parked as close as possible to the scene and started antagonizing cops.

The dog is the only victim here. That mans idiocy and a trigger happy cop are both to blame. But hindsight makes it so much easier for us to judge them. I doubt any of them thought it would or wanted it to end the way it did.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #93
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls

Wow, if that is true, why would anyone do that? what is there to be gained from randomly antagonizing cops? Not that I dont believe it, because sometimes people are stupid, but wow, what a waste.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #94
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Wow, if that is true, why would anyone do that? what is there to be gained from randomly antagonizing cops? Not that I dont believe it, because sometimes people are stupid, but wow, what a waste.

If you go back in the thread linked to a couple things, Seems the dogs owner is in a personal war with the Hawthorne PD, he has a lawsuit or two going on, he's been arrested a few times and has various convictions.

It wasn't random he set out to be a pest.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #95
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a dog guy personally, but this is absolutely pathetic and indefensible. Shit.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #96
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

here's the dog owner interview about the incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtIR_jUhIc8
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #97
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Not a dog guy personally, but this is absolutely pathetic and indefensible. Shit.
I really feel bad for the dog since it was just going by instinct, the dumb sh!ts here where the people, the owner just being a douche and the cops just not showing restraint and just not letting things slide.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #98
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

I dont know if it is true but I have read that the guy was going up to the cops and criticising them for not having black cops there.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #99
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What kind of an ignorant ass guy is that?

The police are obviously in some kind of serious stand-off situation right there. So this guy rolls past, parks his car within a couple of feet from the cops, opens the windows and turns up the volume on his radio as he exits his vehicle to start shouting at the cops and causing a disturbance. And of course he brought along his big ass attack dog.

Is this real life?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #100
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

The police are obviously in some kind of serious stand-off situation right there. So this guy rolls past, parks his car within a couple of feet from the cops, opens the windows and turns up the volume on his radio as he exits his vehicle to start shouting at the cops and causing a disturbance. And of course he brought along his big ass attack dog.

Is this real life?

This. 100 percent this.

Also the only other thing that makes this whole situation even more astonishing is the fact that so many people are on the civilian's side.

Face ****ing palm.

Poor dog but this exclusively the fault of the owner.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #101
Goon Time
i got neckts

Goon Time has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Yeah, they're obviously very busy since 3 of them have time to come over and arrest someone for a "disturbance". I love that you accuse the guy of turning up his radio as he exits his vehicle, is shouting at the police according to you, and his dog is suddenly an attack dog. As far as I can tell the man did nothing wrong but possibly being a nuisance.

The bottom line is it doesn't require a ****ing firearm to keep a dog back, they could have easily let the man control his dog, they could have used any number of non-lethal methods to deter the animal, and if worst comes to worst, which it didn't, one bullet in the dog's ass is a lot more reasonable than 4 to the body. There is no other story here and no other blame to pass. I'm not one of these young boys who blindly adhere to some "**** the police" mentaility but in this case, **** that police, deserves to lose his job.

Last edited by Goon Time : 07-02-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Goon Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #102
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Time
Yeah, they're obviously very busy since 3 of them have time to come over and arrest someone for a "disturbance". I love that you accuse the guy of turning up his radio as he exits his vehicle, is shouting at the police according to you, and his dog is suddenly an attack dog. As far as I can tell the man did nothing wrong but possibly being a nuisance.

You haven't read one thing in this thread about the guy have you?
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #103
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Time

The bottom line is it doesn't require a ****ing firearm to keep a dog back, they could have easily let the man control his dog, they could have used any number of non-lethal methods to deter the animal, and if worst comes to worst (which it didn't), one bullet in the dog's ass is a lot more reasonable than 4 to the body. There is no other story here and no other blame to pass. I'm not one of these young boys who blindly adhere to some "**** the police" mentaility but in this case, **** that police, deserves to lose his job.

You ungrateful immature little shit.

No story other than the dog getting shot? You kidding?

Do you know the details of the situation in the house or do you think that SWAT and 5+ street cops were there for fun for a cat trapped in a tree?

There appears to have been at least a dozen onlookers and this guy is the only one they paid attention to because he made an ass of himself for no reason whatsoever and his dog died as a result.

We can argue all day long on if the officer was justified in using lethal force but what you CAN'T argue is that the civilian's presence was 100 avoidable if he used any brainpower whatsoever.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #104
Goon Time
i got neckts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
You haven't read one thing in this thread about the guy have you?

show me where it says he turned his radio up as he got out of the car. show me where anything is written about the dog being an "attack dog".
Old 07-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #105
Goon Time
i got neckts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

Do you know the details of the situation in the house or do you think that SWAT and 5+ street cops were there for fun for a cat trapped in a tree?

do you know the details of the situation? you're not from LA so seeing several police cars together is probably a big deal to your podunk small town ass. Yes, this guy rolled up at the most volatile moment of an armed standoff, you can tell from the video

Quote:
There appears to have been at least a dozen onlookers and this guy is the only one they paid attention to because he made an ass of himself for no reason whatsoever and his dog died as a result.

the dog died as a result of disgusting police work, nothing more. Nothing about that was a RESULT of the guy not acting right.

Quote:
We can argue all day long on if the officer was justified in using lethal force but what you CAN'T argue is that the civilian's presence were 100 avoidable if he used any brainpower whatsoever.

We can argue all day long? I'm not sure what you're argument would be you dumb ass.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: