Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #121
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

The shooting occurred about 7:15 p.m. Sunday at 137th Street and Jefferson Avenue about two hours after police surrounded a house where a gunman had robbed two people inside. A crowd of spectators gathered in response to the large police response, which included several police cars and the department's Bearcat armored vehicle.

As some, including resident Gabriel Martinez, aimed their cellphones at the scene to record it, Rosby drove up in his rented black Mazda. Swain said Rosby stopped in the intersection with music blaring from his windows. Officers told him to turn down the music because they were trying to hear what was happening down the street. Rosby pulled forward, parked and got out with his dog, but left the music still playing loudly.

"It's distracting the officers," Swain said. "It's interfering with what they are able to hear. It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in

Rosby, who pulled out his own cellphone to record the police activity, did not lower the volume.

"I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply. The music may have been a little loud but I was complying," Rosby said. "I said, 'Sir, I want to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated.'

A neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said the officers asked him to turn the music down, but he refused. Rosby, she said, responded, "It's my (expletive) radio!"

He said Monday he believed police were retaliating against him because of previous run-ins and struggles with officers. Court records show he has previous convictions for resisting, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, who is black, said he has filed six complaints (in the past) against the Hawthorne Police Department, alleging mistreatment and racial profiling.

Rosby filed a lawsuit against the city of Hawthorne and two police officers in March, contending officers broke one of his ribs when they responded to a domestic violence disturbance at his house, not far from the dog shooting scene.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_2...g-arrest-owner
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #122
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cops have maced and tasered people often without WARNING. Postal workers do this do prevent, fend off dog attacks. This was a classic case of the cops STICKING it to the guy they disliked for challenging their authority. Period.

What a joke.

And when is it illegal to film cops so long as you are not preventing them from doing their duty? Cops think its illegal but its not. They got upset and reacted locking up someone for no reason then killing his dog. Hope the owner sues the f*ck out of them and gets paid. Expensive bullets idiot cops
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #123
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cops have maced and tasered people often without WARNING. Postal workers do this do prevent, fend off dog attacks. This was a classic case of the cops STICKING it to the guy they disliked for challenging their authority. Period.

What a joke.

And when is it illegal to film cops so long as you are not preventing them from doing their duty? Cops think its illegal but its not. They got upset and reacted locking up someone for no reason then killing his dog. Hope the owner sues the f*ck out of them and gets paid. Expensive bullets idiot cops
Hey GOBB,

I read he already is suing them. Once for something that happened in 2011, once for something that happened in 2012 and now he can add 2013. Hat Trick!
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #124
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
This was a classic case of the cops STICKING it to the guy they disliked for challenging their authority. Period.

Exactly. And, the ones defending the cop's actions are simply people who are "tired of blacks playing the victim card" and want to stick it to the inner city community.

You can find them in the Trayvon Martin thread fighting tooth and nail for Zimmerman's acquittal.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #125
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Dog did a pretty funny dance
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #126
cleveland
I brick open layups

cleveland has not been impressing people

ya thats a funny dance. tryna sound tough over a message board asshole lemme see u get shot in a spine n do a "funny dance" as ur nerves in ur legs r giving away n making ur legs do "funny dance" shit. fukin *****
anyways, this cop needs to get 5 yrs for animal cruelty. coulda just fired a shot in air n scared the shit out the dog. coulda just kicked him, whatever. no need to shoot right at a animal. fuq him, hope he gets what he got comming for him. and once he in the pen, i hope they stick him in general population and not protective custody (which they will) just so somebody can shank him for the fuq of it...cause he a cop
cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #127
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

The officers clearly saw the animal in the car. They should have recognized the potential threat and asked the individual to roll up the windows prior to questioning him. This was neglect and predatory behavior in tragic combination on the part of these officers. They handled the situation so wrong, and those saying he was reaching out to grab his leash, why would you attempt to this if you have his owner in handcuffs....He could have just pulled out a tazer or mase, although the situation should have never even got that far. Although I agree the black guy is a moron for doing what he did, there is no reason he should have been in cuffs.

Last edited by brandonislegend : 07-03-2013 at 03:33 AM.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #128
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Hey GOBB,

I read he already is suing them. Once for something that happened in 2011, once for something that happened in 2012 and now he can add 2013. Hat Trick!

thatīs it !.......he is doing this on purpose so he can sue, this time making sure itīs being recorded by others............he is a fukking asshole only looking for money............what a joke
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #129
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

There is no amount of money you could give me for me to watch my dog being shot in front of me...but I am a dog person.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #130
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

It's not illegal to record the police.
Why did he get arrested in the 1st place?
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #131
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
There is no amount of money you could give me for me to watch my dog being shot in front of me...but I am a dog person.

of course not, no normal person would do this................but this case canīt be a coincedence, so many prior run inīs with the law.......and here he comes driving to a crime scene , only to record cops that are standing around doing nothing.........why would you do that ?........only to create drama and start some shit.........he is doing this for money

"He said Monday he believed police were retaliating against him because of previous run-ins and struggles with officers"

yeah, im sure some random cops recognized him
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #132
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
It's not illegal to record the police.
Why did he get arrested in the 1st place?

Because he's a black guy with a Rottweiler?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #133
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Owner's fault.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #134
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Owner's fault.
This.
I feel very sorry for the dog tho...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #135
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

This is why I enjoy paying taxes, to feel safe from rottweilers while there is an armed robbery behind them with a hostage. I am glad they decided to cuff someone that did nothing wrong (it is legal to record police officers in California) all while right behind them a series crime is still going on. That poor dog, RIP.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: