Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Pistons Interested in Rudy Gay

Quote:
Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pistons Interested in Rudy Gay

Yes Please.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Stuckey, Jerebko, Singler & Pick for Gay & Acy.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Awesome.

The Pistons don't even have any awful long-term deals right now. Charlie V's expiring deal would be perfect for tanking since he sucks.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Stuckey, Charlie V + pick for Gay...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Charlie V. for the Wiggins Tank!
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Ujiri can set this team up for a massive tank for at least next year (maybe the year after as well) then it would be the first time I'd have long-term hope in this franchise since maybe 2007.

Getting a top 5 pick in next year's deep draft (assuming the expected guys all declare) would be huge.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If Ujiri can set this team up for a massive tank for at least next year (maybe the year after as well) then it would be the first time I'd have long-term hope in this franchise since maybe 2007.

Getting a top 5 pick in next year's deep draft (assuming the expected guys all declare) would be huge.

I went back and checked some of Colangelo's move early in his tenure, he did really well. It was that one pick that he refused to move. He could have saved himself; if he were able to part with Bargnani...
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I went back and checked some of Colangelo's move early in his tenure, he did really well. It was that one pick that he refused to move. He could have saved himself; if he were able to part with Bargnani...
And also judged the Bosh situation and the post-Bosh years better.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Most decisions BC made in an attempt to make up for the O'neal gamble coming up snake eyes ended up being pretty poor, so I'd say holding onto Bargnani was not the only thing that got him. IMO he basically overestimated what he had on the whole after his first wonder year in a weak division and made a series of poor decisions to try and piece together a contender without a solid enough base (yes that's counting Bosh as the cornerstone).

If we can somehow shed Gay for expirers we'll be much closer to getting out from under the cap mess he left us than I thought we'd be in the first offseason. So far so good Masai.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
And also judged the Bosh situation and the post-Bosh years better.

I think it spiraled out of control for him. I think he stuck with the thought that Bargnani finally being the PF, the position he was destined to play but couldn't because of Bosh. I think he was hoping Bosh wouldn't come back, but didn't want to trade him and send the wrong message in that he's not competing for the playoffs. When that didn't work out, he always thought it wasn't Bargnani, but everything else.

I was happy when he selected DeMar Derozan; surprised he lasted that long. It was a high-ceiling talent and a wing player at a time that we needed it. He was a project, but I was glad the Raptors took the gamble.

I think he made some good moves and was willing to make changes when things didn't work (JO/Marion/Hedo); except for Bargnani.

His early years were definitely his better years. I had all this negativity when I heard BC, but going back, he did some good things early on. His constant readjustment of his plans from rebuilding to retooling to rebuilding to retooling were horrendous near the end. He gave away picks like it was cash considerations...
Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Time to hope and pray that the Pistons fail in there bids to land Iguodala and Josh Smith.

Looking at there current roster and they really appear to be perfect trade partners for us with no bad contracts to force back on us.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #13
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Time to hope and pray that the Pistons fail in there bids to land Iguodala and Josh Smith.

Looking at there current roster and they really appear to be perfect trade partners for us with no bad contracts to force back on us.

I don't think Iggy is going to Detroit. There have been reports of Denver offering Iggy 5 years 63 mil. Whereas Kings are mulling on whether to offer Iggy the max. In either of those scenarios, I don't think Detroit can match. When it comes to Josh Smith, I think he is the more interesting case. He seems to be the backup plan for all the teams in the Dwight Howard race. Dwight Howard's decision supposedly isn't coming for a few days and it is thought to be a two team race between Rockets and Lakers.

Another possible scenario is Josh Smith joining Howard in Houston (which would cost the Rockets Lin and Asik, but they would be foolish not to do it). Either of those cases, if the interest in Rudy Gay is real, there is definitely a deal that could be had. I think whatever the case with the expirers are, Toronto must come away with a first round pick in that deal. Also, it still bothers me MLSE would approve a Rudy Gay trade when they were not sure if they were bringing back BC...
Old 07-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Also, it still bothers me MLSE would approve a Rudy Gay trade when they were not sure if they were bringing back BC...
That was a clear sign of no one in ownership giving a damn about the basketball team. Hopefully that has changed.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #15
brwnman

Report: Kings offering Iggy 4 years 56 million.

Hey Pistons, what's up? We'll be waiting on your phone call...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: