Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #16
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Pistons Interested in Rudy Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That was a clear sign of no one in ownership giving a damn about the basketball team. Hopefully that has changed.

Leweike coming on board was that change IMO.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With some of these wing players on the market being scooped up, it gives me hope there will be a legit market for Gay and Derozan.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

If we get Stuckey and Charlie V for Rudy Gay, I believe that it will look terrible on what they gave up to get Gay in the first place. Essentially the deal would've been Davis and Calderon for Stuckey and Charlie V
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I believe in this situationt they must get a young piece back and a draft pick. Money does solve some of the problem but as everyone well aware knows no one will sign here unless

a) offering a lot more money
b) have a winning team

neither of which we want if they're building a team.

My suggestion would be at this point to add to the trade to see if you could get a young big like drummond back or knight with a pick and an expirer.
Something like:

Knight, Drummond, CV, Stuckey for

Gay, Lowry

Lineup:
Knight/ FA
Derozan (for now) Ross
Fields (for now)/ Kleiza/ Novak
Val/Amir
Drummond/ Acy

You have enough young pieces to make this a developmental year and grow the players....but a very crappy lineup that would have trouble reaching 20 wins if that. Good young core of players you can start building around with next years first pick whoever that may be.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They would be fools to give up Drummond. I don't see it happening. Knight though? Yeah, it's possible.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
They would be fools to give up Drummond. I don't see it happening. Knight though? Yeah, it's possible.

I think if they had given up on Knight - they would have drafted a PG a couple of days ago.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

This rumored deal may be plan B ... think about where the Pistons are.

They are building to win now and have cap space.

In so far as I have heard... Monta / Josh / nor Iggy have committed anywhere.

The Pistons have : Drummond / Monroe / Knight / Caldwell Pope as their new nucleus with Magette and possibly Calderon off the bench.

These guys can also afford Monta / Josh / Iggy as a swingman scorer.

The Raps deal sounds very possible as they shed contracts that are expriing for an all star calibre player with 2 years remaining... but they may be using this as a fall back to counter balance what they are prepared to offer Josh for example...
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
I think if they had given up on Knight - they would have drafted a PG a couple of days ago.
Not if they get a starter like Lowry.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Please let this happen!

Hope they throw in demar or Kyle while their at it.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #25
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Apparently the raptors have rejected Detroit's offer of stuckey and Villanueva for gay
Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Apparently the raptors have rejected Detroit's offer of stuckey and Villanueva for gay

With the return they got for Bargs, there was no way they'd take that deal. My guess is that Detroit has to toss in two first rounders to get Rudy Gay.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Apparently MU has already rejected the deal. Admittedly if you just got 3 picks for Bargnani wouldn't you also try and pry some away from people after Gay? I'm aware that Detroit doesn't have their first next year but I'd take Knight as compensation instead with a couple second rounders thrown in for good measure. Here's hoping Dumars won't let a few young pieces get in the way of acquiring overpriced mediocrity.

God, who can believe that man assembled a championship team at one point?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #28
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Apparently Raptors want "a lot" more than just expirers if they were to Rudy Gay. I'd be fine if the Pistons threw in a first rounder in 2016. I don't think I'd do Knight + 2nd rounders. Not that big of a fan of Knight.

While I hate what Dumars has done post Chauncey era in Detroit; if he were to get Rudy, the team would be in the playoffs. Drummond Monroe and Gay is plenty good enough in the east. They'd need to sign another big, who can hopefully start as Drummond comes along slowly. And I would assume, they would re-sign Calderon and SG would be rotated between different guys who serve as glue guys...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #29
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
That was a clear sign of no one in ownership giving a damn about the basketball team. Hopefully that has changed.

I'm getting all the right signs from Leiweke. But then again, I said the same when BC came to town...
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #30
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
With the return they got for Bargs, there was no way they'd take that deal. My guess is that Detroit has to toss in two first rounders to get Rudy Gay.

Yeah but in exchange for Bargs we also had to take scrubs on longer term deals, not as valuable as two expirers. I do think however that we should be asking for either a good young player or a 1st in a deal for Gay.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: