Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on religion&withholding rights

Bill O'Reilly claims there is a "culture war" happening throughout America where 'Secular progressives' or commonly known as "Sp's" are trying to change our 'beloved USA'. Not only is Bill O'Reilly the most arrogant bigot bastard that has a TV show, they have a special network made specially for kissing the as$ of the Bush administration.

Let me go over the basic pro-Bush "Traditionalist" values
  • For a senseless war
  • For pointless death penalties
  • hypocritically then against abortion
  • Somehow against stem cell research to cure cancer
  • Don't "Believe" in global warming
  • Some still for segregation
  • Against minimum wage (actually has a reason, unlike the rest)
  • Anti Gay Marriage
  • Don't believe in separation of state and church (Hell, ask P-Rob, he still thinks it isn't)
  • For Domestic spying
  • For warrant less searches
  • For warrant less wire tapping on domestic lines
  • Anti first amendment
  • Anti Marijuana

That's just a small portion of the list that these people believe in.

Now, don't get these people confused with true right wingers + libertarians. Their are good conservatives who still believe in personal freedoms. For example, Libertarians, known for their "Far right economic views" hate to be considered right wing; This is because they don't believe in the one way spectrum, just because they are 100% for capitalism, they truly believe in small government. They aren't with held by these pro Bush idiots, they believe in decriminalization of Marijuana, Stem cell research, Anti patriot act... they are for the constitution as true right-wingers should be.

Now, for the pro-Bushers: What the hell is wrong with these people? Do they have a mental defect? I mean, everything that goes wrong in this country, they just blame on liberals without reason or rationale. True, only about 30% of the country still approve of Bush, but that's 30% too f*cking many. Anyone who thinks they should give up personal freedom for a false sense of security should be deported.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

---Benjamin Franklin

Why are people against Stem cell research? I mean, there is a reason (although irrational) for being against abortion, but to be against Stem Cell research has no logical reasoning behind it. All that it proves being against it is that people are anti-science and purely blind pro-catholicism. Now, I'm not anti Christian, hell I'm a baptist myself. But, I'm annoyed by people who withhold reason when they vote.

Now eliminating it down, it is shown that 95% of the Bush supporters are one or more of the following:
  • Neo-Nazi
  • White Supremacist
  • Classic Nazi
  • Blinded Catholic/Protestant followers
  • Fascists
  • Anti Gay (Hardaway voted for Bush)
  • Or simply not educated enough to understand politics
Now, that worries me that that big of a chunk of our population(30%) is still degraded down into these people classes.

I'll stop for now.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on religion&withholding rights

just to clear some things out:

Bush = Bad President

I never said I liked Bush. i am merely a right leaning libertarian who dislikes the GOP, but has a few gripes with the left as well (and because this board is so littered with Blue Staters, I can easily get misconstrued as a Bush ******ger) I dislike his spending, I thought the Iraq war was initially just, but after all this deliberating and waiting, it has become a bad thing just sticking around and having troops die all the time and getting some progress in the way of elections and freedom, but general peace.

the fact you went through so much trouble shows your dedication to your beliefs.

the 95% of Bush supporters which you mentioned is a stereotype. I don't dispute there is truth in there, but that is a big assertion and quoting for numbers would really help your cause.

and also remember another thing:

over 50% of America (the Red States mostly) voted for Bush so that shows that at least half of America support right wing ideals.

and Oreilly is arrogant and pompous, but he has a slight truth regarding the "culture war." most of it is just trying to light a fire under the liberals, but the only truth I take from it is that decency and civility are slowly going out the window. not pointing fingers because I believe the right is as much to blame as the left.

and as a side note:

Kerry could have very easily won teh election in 2004 if one thing did not happen:

Margaret Marshall, a Massachusetts Supreme Court Justice whose final vote legalized gay marriage, was probably the Democrat's downfall that year. it came at a bad time (a few months before the election) and it was not exactly the most Constitutional thing to do. many believe that Congress should have made that law, not the Judicial branch. but either way, the swing states were having a tough time and ordinary Middle Americans, who did not openly embrace gay people, did not like it and decided to either throw their potentially Democrat vote away or voted Republican.

but fear not, a new era is coming soon. you really can't go wrong. you have the staunch Democrats in Hillary and Barrack. not to meniton a maverick moderate in McCain (though the sending troops issues may hurt him a bit)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on religion&withholding rights

and I am not criticizing your views merely giving some commentary:

the proLife thing comes out of people's empathy for others. it is purely an ideological thing, so it can be hard to understand. for your stem cell thing:

to attack the Right: they view it as playing God, which is a big no no.
to attack the Left: it is like testing on unborn humans. you lefters are all for animal rights, so why not human rights?

For a senseless war
initially it was just, but right now the US is just there to fight off insurgents and people are getting tired of us. it is time to move on.
For pointless death penalties
pointless is subjective. the 8th amendment guarantees no cruel and unusual punishment so at least Bush has not gone to quartering people or using the iron maiden.
hypocritically then against abortion
don't understand. but if they did anything hypocritical, they should retract it.
Somehow against stem cell research to cure cancer
there is no experimental proof that shows it can cure cancer. but I agree, they should allow it so there can be more breakthroughs to save more lives.
Don't "Believe" in global warming
Global Warming is coming, but no where near as fast as what people in media want othres to believe. Fossil fuel emissions and all that bad stuff will cause the atmosphere to deteriorate, but it does not happen instantaneously. there should be steps taken to make sure it does not happen, but the commoners should be quiet about it. a few weeks ago in new York city when the temperature rose to 70 degrees in January, people complained of Global Warming. a few weeks later, snowstorms and subfreezing temperatures. ever hear of Wind currents?
Some still for segregation
this is wrong and should be done away with
Against minimum wage
macroeconomic belief. it is subjective based on Bush's part.
Anti Gay Marriage
again it's ideological.
Don't believe in separation of state and church
there should be separation...
For Domestic spying
Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus before. and I don't like the Patriot Act but if it is for security.... I guess you may as well do it for now... but if there is peace, this must be repealed.
For warrant less searches
playing it safe. but again must be repealed in peacetime.
For warrant less wire tapping on domestic lines
FBI and who knows what already do it without warrants.
Anti first amendment
how so? last I heard CNN, MSNBC and others were villifying Bush and FOx News on a daily basis
Anti Marijuana
it's like smoking cigarettes. bad for you. but I for one, am entirely for legalizing it, because this way you attack the supply side of marijuana economics and force the drug dealers and gangs out of business

Last edited by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork : 02-18-2007 at 01:54 PM.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: