Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Ill Will
I airball my layups

Ill Will has an OK reputation so far
Default Ebay Sellers- How to spot a fake?

what're the rules with spotting a fraud? if the price is well below retail is that the biggest sign? specifically, i'm referring to this guy, and he claims he's from the U.S. since 2009:

http://myworld.ebay.com/solenationsa...p2047675.l2559

i tweeted him in hopes of catching him in his lie. he said "we let the people decide the worth of these shoes and start each auction at 99 cents". sounds like some bullshit and he never answered how he made money on the shoes (unless he stole them?).

anyone have experience with him/any ebay seller?
Ill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ebay Sellers- How to spot a fake?

all his stuff looks authentic to me.

look out for: prices well-below market value, shoes that look too shiny, shoes that have no shape ie: they sit perfectly flat(authentic sneakers don't sit flat, they have concave) poor stitching, shape that just looks off.

if you question the authenticity of a shoe you want to buy off ebay, my suggestion is to go on Niketalk and they have a forum for people to figure out if they have fakes or not, you can post the link for the ebay auction on NikeTalk and people will tell you whether they are fake or authentic.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

just frequent a shoe forum for a while, you will learn to spot it yourself. its the best way to learn as you will never have to ask again once you get the hang of it.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
CeltsGarlic
Dos Santos

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

niketalk is where I get them answers
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: