Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Rookie Award Winners?

Offensive side is a tough one. I'll go with OBJ on offense and Clowney.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rookie Award Winners?

Clowney is the obvious choice, since he'll be playing alongside or opposite the best defensive lineman in the league.

On the offensive side, Watkins will step in as the No. 1 receiver in that Bills offense. It wouldn't shock me, though, if Cooks tears it up in the slot for the Saints. He'd probably be my pick atm.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't you think it's a bit too early to make predictions
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Johnny Football baby.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17
Don't you think it's a bit too early to make predictions
Pre-dic-tion

a statement about the way things will happen in the future

synonyms: forecast, prophecy, prognosis, prognostication

Nah not too early.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #6
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
Johnny Football baby.

i don't think johhny football is gonna start right off the bat.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #7
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
Johnny Football baby.

Rookie bust of the year
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
JimmyMcAdocious

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

He will be so good after he starts, it will more than make up the ground from day 1 starters. Not worried.

Johnny Football ROY.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hoyer got the shaft... big-time.

After every incompletion and when any drive results in a punt, fans are going to be chanting for Manziel. I agree with you... Hoyer will and should start the season. But, how long is the coaching staff and front office going to be able to fend off the pressure?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #10
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Manziel and Mack
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Hoyer got the shaft... big-time.

After every incompletion and when any drive results in a punt, fans are going to be chanting for Manziel. I agree with you... Hoyer will and should start the season. But, how long is the coaching staff and front office going to be able to fend off the pressure?

As long as Hoyer makes plays i don't think fans will be calling for his head.. I think... But then again Manziel has all that charisma.

I don't think the kid is going to be ready this year but if the rumors about his drive and competitiveness are true I could see him being as close to ready as he ever could be.

I heard he is planning on moving to cleveland this week, and has already been studying the play book from day one. It won't be a cakewalk for Hoyer to win the starting job but his polish and experience should get it.

Are you prepared for the most scrutinized training camp ever?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

honestly think it will be difficult for Manziel to win ROY with that group of WRs...Greg Little is the #1 and he wouldn't even be a #3 on most teams.

Without Gordon the Browns may very well have the worst WR core in the NFL...in fact I'll just go ahead and say it is a scientific fact that the Browns have the worst WR core in the league, at least the Panthers drafted someone

I believe Miles Austin is still a FA, Cleveland should snag him NOW, he is injury prone as hell but when he is healthy he can play
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #13
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
honestly think it will be difficult for Manziel to win ROY with that group of WRs...Greg Little is the #1 and he wouldn't even be a #3 on most teams.

Without Gordon the Browns may very well have the worst WR core in the NFL...in fact I'll just go ahead and say it is a scientific fact that the Browns have the worst WR core in the league, at least the Panthers drafted someone

I believe Miles Austin is still a FA, Cleveland should snag him NOW, he is injury prone as hell but when he is healthy he can play

Thanks to Josh Gordon for keeping Browns Browning.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
As long as Hoyer makes plays i don't think fans will be calling for his head.. I think... But then again Manziel has all that charisma.

I don't think the kid is going to be ready this year but if the rumors about his drive and competitiveness are true I could see him being as close to ready as he ever could be.

I heard he is planning on moving to cleveland this week, and has already been studying the play book from day one. It won't be a cakewalk for Hoyer to win the starting job but his polish and experience should get it.

Are you prepared for the most scrutinized training camp ever?

I don't know... so different than we're used to. I go to training camp's public sessions every year. People would be shocked at the huge turnout we get in Berea for camp considering how bad the Browns have been. The stands are always filled and fans usually are several rows deep around the fencing which surround the fields.

So, just in our normal suck-i-tude it is probably one of the best attended camps in the league. I can't even imagine how insane it's going to be this year... not sure if I even want to bother going, because you're going to have to get there early to find a decent spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

The Browns will make moves between now and the season at the WR position. I have no doubt about that. They've already been inquiring about Mike Wallace.

Also don't forget that we have Jordan Cameron, so all is not lost in the receiver category. These modern TEs like Cameron and Graham are just big WRs as far as I'm concerned. We have what I think could be a good slot guy in Andrew Hawkins, and Travis Benjamin will be making big plays as a sort of h-back as long as he can stay healthy.

I'd suspect either a trade, several FA signings, or they'll wait to see who is cut during camp (a few good WRs always slip through the cracks in the numbers crunch).

I would be shocked if Gordon got the full season long suspension. With all the heat now around the Browns because of Manziel and the fact that Gordon led the league in receiving in just 14 games last season, combined with the country's recent lenient stance on marijuana, they're going to open themselves up to a lot of scrutiny if they suspend him for a full year... while Ray Rice is on tape knocking his g/f unconscious and is playing for the Ravens.

I'd guess eight games or less if the accusations are true.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I don't know... so different than we're used to. I go to training camp's public sessions every year. People would be shocked at the huge turnout we get in Berea for camp considering how bad the Browns have been. The stands are always filled and fans usually are several rows deep around the fencing which surround the fields.

So, just in our normal suck-i-tude it is probably one of the best attended camps in the league. I can't even imagine how insane it's going to be this year... not sure if I even want to bother going, because you're going to have to get there early to find a decent spot.

The Browns will make moves between now and the season at the WR position. I have no doubt about that. They've already been inquiring about Mike Wallace.

Also don't forget that we have Jordan Cameron, so all is not lost in the receiver category. These modern TEs like Cameron and Graham are just big WRs as far as I'm concerned. We have what I think could be a good slot guy in Andrew Hawkins, and Travis Benjamin will be making big plays as a sort of h-back as long as he can stay healthy.

I'd suspect either a trade, several FA signings, or they'll wait to see who is cut during camp (a few good WRs always slip through the cracks in the numbers crunch).

I would be shocked if Gordon got the full season long suspension. With all the heat now around the Browns because of Manziel and the fact that Gordon led the league in receiving in just 14 games last season, combined with the country's recent lenient stance on marijuana, they're going to open themselves up to a lot of scrutiny if they suspend him for a full year... while Ray Rice is on tape knocking his g/f unconscious and is playing for the Ravens.

I'd guess eight games or less if the accusations are true.

I have a feeling the league is going to show mercy on the Browns.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: