Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #301
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
B4L you didn't set up the trade options correctly in yahoo.

it just says "Send a message to the commissioner to protest this trade."

there is no "veto" button

I think it might be possible to have both "veto" buttons and "agree" buttons so that once 7 or so people do "agree" it will push the trade through. Seems like I remember seeing that on yahoo for some reason.

I did set it up exactly like last year, the voting is in the thread here if people want it vetoed they post here. There is no such thing as "agree" buttons. With the old yahoo! option it was vote against trade as the only option... and it only took 4 votes of 12 to veto it or something which is why we didn't use that system.

What we instead did was let it pend for 48 hours and in that team people post if they veto in here and if there are enough votes for a veto, the commish vetoes it, simple. I wish though that the system had a veto and allow button for everyone to press and everyone could just vote like that.... PT that's actually a good idea why don't you send it to yahoo! I honestly think that would be like the best option. If 7 people pressed allow it would get processed ahead of the 48 hours... PT randomly made a good idea?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #302
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

B4L we all agreed to use Yahoo and it's 4 votes as the veto system...no more coming in here to object. We shouldn't have to come in this thread to accomplish things.

If 4 people hit the "veto" button...it's a done deal, trade is off
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #303
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
B4L we all agreed to use Yahoo and it's 4 votes as the veto system...no more coming in here to object. We shouldn't have to come in this thread to accomplish things.

If 4 people hit the "veto" button...it's a done deal, trade is off
I remember we voted against that, hence why it was commish veto when I renewed the league from last year I didn't change any setting at all. Only put in FAAB for waivers, everything else was kept exactly the same as last year. So obviously last year we did NOT use the yahoo 4 veto's is a veto rule. We did it the thread way, there was a huge argument about it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #304
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

so B4L, you think that for a trade to get vetoed that SIX of the 12 teams in the league need to come into this thread and voice their opinion within 48 hours of the trade going up?

I thought we agreed to try and make and effort to remove drama in this thread by keeping the functionality of the league on yahoo?

perhaps we should vote on this issue again...right now

PLEASE VOTE EVERYONE

those in favor of using yahoo to veto trades with their default 4 vote system:

-me
-SCY

those in favor of using this thread to veto trades with 6 votes:

-B4L
-TheSilentKiller
-jazz873

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 08-27-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #305
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

I'd honestly prefer to use this thread. Easier to talk about shit and each side can defend the trade.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #306
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I'd honestly prefer to use this thread. Easier to talk about shit and each side can defend the trade.
Plus 4 is 1/3 of the league... and in that case we also would never be allowed to speed a trade through if it's wednesday and people need players for thursday.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #307
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

I understand why PT doesn't like the idea of the using the thread. There probably will be days where I don't come in here for a day or two and I might not even realize a trade went down. But I will say this: I trust everyone in this league to make informed decisions and it would take a whole lot to warrant me to veto a trade.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #308
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Plus 4 is 1/3 of the league... and in that case we also would never be allowed to speed a trade through if it's wednesday and people need players for thursday.
why not? I think that no matter which way this vote goes that we should still have if 7 "approve" then it can get pushed through early...that is over half the league.

I know that perhaps the math doesn't add up right if only 4 are needed to veto, but I think in most situations there are lots of teams that indifferent or borderline and will not vote either way.

so if the Yahoo vote wins then we can still have it get pushed through early if 7 "ok" it in here...only because that function doesn't exist on yahoo...we have to do it in here.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #309
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
why not? I think that no matter which way this vote goes that we should still have if 7 "approve" then it can get pushed through early...that is over half the league.

I know that perhaps the math doesn't add up right if only 4 are needed to veto, but I think in most situations there are lots of teams that indifferent or borderline and will not vote either way.

so if the Yahoo vote wins then we can still have it get pushed through early if 7 "ok" it in here...only because that function doesn't exist on yahoo...we have to do it in here.
PT those arent options on yahoo! Only one of two choices can be made either league votes style which is where there is 1 and only 1 button "vote against trade" and if 4 click that its vetoed. There is no way for the commish to push anything through with this setting. The second option is commish approval. With that the commish can press allow trade or disallow trade or let yahoo process in 48 hrs by not doing anything. That lack of flexibility is why we had it with thread voting last year 6 votes in threa means vetoed.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #310
jazz873
College star

Quote:
PT those arent options on yahoo! Only one of two choices can be made either league votes style which is where there is 1 and only 1 button "vote against trade" and if 4 click that its vetoed. There is no way for the commish to push anything through with this setting. The second option is commish approval. With that the commish can press allow trade or disallow trade or let yahoo process in 48 hrs by not doing anything. That lack of flexibility is why we had it with thread voting last year 6 votes in threa means vetoed.
Based on this i vote thread
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #311
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
yes I know, I said that in my post that because there is no option to vote for 'allow' on yahoo that at least THAT PART OF IT would have to be done in here.

the 'vote against' part can still take place on yahoo...
Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #312
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:

That's a solid compromise, not sure if people are going to be falling over themselves to notice a trade's been made and come approve it, but better than nothing.

I guess I'll vote for the yahoo option, if it's the same amount of time for a trade to go through anyway might as well take the convenient route and use the site.

Just read Dean's last post....so I guess you'd have to change it back every time which is pretty cumbersome. I guess I abstain, eff it.

Last edited by SCY : 08-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #313
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
yes I know, I said that in my post that because there is no option to vote for 'allow' on yahoo that at least THAT PART OF IT would have to be done in here.

the 'vote against' part can still take place on yahoo...
Voting for allow in here would be pointless because with that yahoo option commish cannot push any trade through as i explained. Do you want privacy in your voting? Maybe votes should not be thread instead via PM to one guy...
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #314
SCY
Put yr guns up

Just took Foster in my $100 auction, same settings. Can't resist the man. And now Graham, all eggs in one basket I guess.

Last edited by SCY : 08-27-2013 at 08:45 PM.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #315
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Just took Foster in my $100 auction, same settings. Can't resist the man. And now Graham, all eggs in one basket I guess.
How much was Foster?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: