Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #406
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I don't completely disagree with your point but "top overall scorer" means absolutely nothing. It's what you score relative to other players at the same position.
I disagree completely

I think QBs are extremely underrated not only in this league but the majority of FF leagues

EVERY SINGLE YEAR I hear the same "QB is so deep this year!" line...and every year it is false...

I bet you anything that if we took last year's results that mathematically speaking the way to recreate the highest scoring team possible would be by taking the highest scoring players first to last, meaning the first pick would likely be a QB, or Peterson or Martin....depending on the pick

I only took Rodgers in the second round in this league because I had complete faith that he would be there for me in round 2...based on his ADP...If I thought both Brees and Rodgers would be gone by round 2 then I would have taken one of the 2 in the first round...because they are the most likely players to score the most points.

Last year there were games that Brees pretty much just won me all by himself...a QB like that is the most dominant thing in FF IMO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #407
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Leveon Bell is going to be a huge steal. 11th round...awesome.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #408
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I think Leveon Bell is going to be a huge steal. 11th round...awesome.

I was going to get him right after you and you snagged him. I think he is too but that injury is a bit of a concern.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #409
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I was going to get him right after you and you snagged him. I think he is too but that injury is a bit of a concern.
injury is a huge concern for me. And the fact that the steelers running back situation is so murky.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #410
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
injury is a huge concern for me. And the fact that the steelers running back situation is so murky.
It's murky now because he's hurt. Once he's healthy by like week 3 it's Bell's backfield. He might already practice partially this week. No one else there is close to him talent wise.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #411
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

PT, obviously you wouldn't have gotten as far as you have in this league without getting this to some extent. Josh Freeman was the 18th highest scorer in total points last season in our scoring. But no one drafted him this year, b/c it's meaningless.

Basically let's say Drew Brees averages 20 PPG this year while the 12th ranked QB scores 15. If CJ Spiller averages 14 points a game and the 24th ranked RB averages 7....Spiller was more valuable, essentially by 2 PPG.

The math is never that exact due to injuries and the flex position, but it's a good guideline.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #412
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
PT, obviously you wouldn't have gotten as far as you have in this league without getting this to some extent. Josh Freeman was the 18th highest scorer in total points last season in our scoring. But no one drafted him this year, b/c it's meaningless.

Basically let's say Drew Brees averages 20 PPG this year while the 12th ranked QB scores 15. If CJ Spiller averages 14 points a game and the 24th ranked RB averages 7....Spiller was more valuable, essentially by 2 PPG.

The math is never that exact due to injuries and the flex position, but it's a good guideline.
Right.

The fact that more QBs aren't taken high in the draft is proof positive that there is always positional circumstances taken into account when looking at a guy's point totals.

I'm surprised you are being so adamant here, -pt-. It isn't debatable that there's less quality at RB than at WR when it comes to fantasy production. We have to fill at least two roster spots with RBs every week.

Do I think Trent Richardson will outscore Calvin Johnson this year? Probably not. However, would I rather have Richardson/Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson/Stevan Ridley?

You always have to look ahead at what's going to be left and what you might be forced to start every week. That's the folly of simply going BPA every pick.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #413
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

You can only play one QB....IF you could play 2 or just flex one then Freeman would be a great asset

And Spiller DOESNT score more per game than Brees...so your point doesn't work there...if Spiller did average 24ppg while Bree's just 20 then I would agree he is more valuable.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #414
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

But if your starting running backs are outperforming your opponents starting running backs by a larger margin than his quarterback is outscoring yours, then it makes sense to go with depth at running back.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #415
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

There are no brownie points for having the leagues highest scorer. Granted, it will help in general but not necessarily if you have to sacrifice at other positions.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #416
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Right.

The fact that more QBs aren't taken high in the draft is proof positive that there is always positional circumstances taken into account when looking at a guy's point totals.

I'm surprised you are being so adamant here, -pt-. It isn't debatable that there's less quality at RB than at WR when it comes to fantasy production. We have to fill at least two roster spots with RBs every week.

Do I think Trent Richardson will outscore Calvin Johnson this year? Probably not. However, would I rather have Richardson/Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson/Stevan Ridley?

You always have to look ahead at what's going to be left and what you might be forced to start every week. That's the folly of simply going BPA every pick.
QBs ARE taken high in fantasy drafts...last year 3 went in the first round...all 3 of those people made the post season...me , jail , and portman.

And what do you mean its proof? You just got done telling me the consensus can be stupid sometimes
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #417
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
You can only play one QB....IF you could play 2 or just flex one then Freeman would be a great asset

And Spiller DOESNT score more per game than Brees...so your point doesn't work there...if Spiller did average 24ppg while Bree's just 20 then I would agree he is more valuable.

I agree on the first part, the elite QB's become obvious 1st round picks in a 2 QB league or if you start expanding to 14 & 16 team leagues.

On the 2nd part, I'm not sure why you're not getting the math. It's what you score at your position compared to what others are scoring at their position. Drew Brees could score 100 PPG, but if the 12th ranked QB in the league is scoring 98, it's not as valuable as Spiller scoring 3 more PPG than the 24th ranked RB, even if he's just averaging 14 to their 11. It's just math.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #418
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
But if your starting running backs are outperforming your opponents starting running backs by a larger margin than his quarterback is outscoring yours, then it makes sense to go with depth at running back.
It is better to have one underscoring RB than one underscoring QB

QBs score more

Its simple math.

And it doesn't matter that the 12th best QB is scoring 50 ppg when the top 3 are scoring 100 ppg...there are more points at stake when dealing with QBs.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #419
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I agree on the first part, the elite QB's become obvious 1st round picks in a 2 QB league or if you start expanding to 14 & 16 team leagues.

On the 2nd part, I'm not sure why you're not getting the math. It's what you score at your position compared to what others are scoring at their position. Drew Brees could score 100 PPG, but if the 12th ranked QB in the league is scoring 98, it's not as valuable as Spiller scoring 3 more PPG than the 24th ranked RB, even if he's just averaging 14 to their 11. It's just math.
Yeah the 12th ranked QB isn't close to Bree's or Rodgers though...earlier in this thread I showed that last year Bree's outscored Ben who was the 12th QB by 120 points.

That is close to 10 ppg in difference

That's like having an extra player on your roster
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #420
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

That's your misconception SCY ....that QB is so deep the 12th ranked QB is close to the first.

They are very far apart though.

I will say that there are some decent gambles for QBs this year though in RG3 and Wilson and Kap...but they aren't sure deals like Brees and Rodgers
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: