Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #721
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

I just don't think I have a shot.
uhh yeah you win this week..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #722
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

B4L will be the overall point leader in this league...and he will be 1-2

That's H2H for you...

I don't think I've ever witnessed a point leader miss the playoffs though...pretty hard to get that unlucky
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #723
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welker is as consistent as they come. Rarely are fantasy players this reliable.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #724
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Denver rb's are just frustrating
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #725
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

I need a good TE.

anybody interested in a trade?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #726
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Welker is as consistent as they come. Rarely are fantasy players this reliable.
He's Peyton's #1 when he NEEDS a completion or a key play. His wiggle is still so nasty, I just don't get why the Pats gave MORE money to the injury prone Amendola instead of just ponying up to bring back Welker... I still don't understand that one bit. Welker is still at his peak and should remain good for another few years after this (the life of the contract) anyway... so what gives?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #727
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
I need a good TE.

anybody interested in a trade?

Greg Olsen or Tony Gonzalez is available.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #728
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver's offense saved me from putting up a shitty point total. Decker already making me look smart.

Peyton is definitely the smartest pick I made in the draft. He is really picking up the slack for Spiller and Ridley busting so far as my 1st and 2nd.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #729
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Denver's offense saved me from putting up a shitty point total. Decker already making me look smart.

Peyton is definitely the smartest pick I made in the draft. He is really picking up the slack for Spiller and Ridley busting so far as my 1st and 2nd.
see how much it is a huge gamble to go all out on RBs early?

if we did this draft over right now Peyton would go #1 overall

I feel like this theme happens every year for the most part...although last year I do think Rodgers and Brees had 1st round ADPs at least...this year they just fell in people's laps
Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #730
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

if we did this draft over right now Peyton would go #1 overall

I feel like this theme happens every year for the most part...although last year I do think Rodgers and Brees had 1st round ADPs at least...this year they just fell in people's laps

But it isn't really a huge gamble unless conventional wisdom changes so that the top QBs go in the 1st and 2nd round. I went RB early and to get top talent at the position because I knew I can get a top 5-6 QB in round 3-4 because everyone was going to go RB early.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #731
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
But it isn't really a huge gamble unless conventional wisdom changes so that the top QBs go in the 1st and 2nd round. I went RB early and to get top talent at the position because I knew I can get a top 5-6 QB in round 3-4 because everyone was going to go RB early.
yep true I guess, that is the same reason I waited on Rodgers...unfortunately for me I think I might have actually been able to wait till the 3rd round in this league, or at least been able to take Brees in the 3rd.

going RB early is still a gamble in comparison to the WRs...the top WRs taken? Calvin, AJ, Julio, Dez, Marshall, Graham, etc...have all held up for the most part

meanwhile Richardson, Ray Rice, Jones-Drew, Spiller, Stephen Jackson, Ridley, all taken first 2 rounds and all have yet to make their pick worth it
Old 09-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #732
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
yep true I guess, that is the same reason I waited on Rodgers...unfortunately for me I think I might have actually been able to wait till the 3rd round in this league, or at least been able to take Brees in the 3rd.

going RB early is still a gamble in comparison to the WRs...the top WRs taken? Calvin, AJ, Julio, Dez, Marshall, Graham, etc...have all held up for the most part

meanwhile Richardson, Ray Rice, Jones-Drew, Spiller, Stephen Jackson, Ridley, all taken first 2 rounds and all have yet to make their pick worth it

Yeah, I admit that I ****ed that up. This was actually the only league I went RB/RB in so that was just a bad call by me. It looks like I could have screwed up trading Garcon too but Cecil Shorts and Gates have been pretty good so far. It would be nice to have a Dez or Marshall on my team but I always end up doing a handful of trades so the draft isn't as vital for me.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #733
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You still don't seem to understand the whole premise behind getting a RB early. I took RBs with two of my first three picks and my receivers are still Julio Jones, Wes Welker and Antonio Brown. And, I have Jordan Cameron and Jermichael Finley at TE... And Stafford at QB.

The depth at the other positions and the fact that you have to start TWO RBs every week dictate that you have to address those positions early or be stuck with nothing. Whereas, I waited for a QB and still got Stafford. And, I waited at receiver and still got three studs. Same with TE.

That's the point. My RBs have pretty much busted for me so far and I took them early... But I'm still good at the other positions and that's the whole reason I went RB early... I knew I could get very good players at the other spots later on.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-24-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #734
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
You still don't seem to understand the whole premise behind getting a RB early. I took RBs with two of my first three picks and my receivers are still Julio Jones, Wes Welker and Antonio Brown. And, I have Jordan Cameron and Jermichael Finley at TE... And Stafford at QB.

The depth at the other positions and the fact that you have to start TWO RBs every week dictate that you have to address those positions early or be stuck with nothing. Whereas, I waited for a QB and still got Stafford. And, I waited at receiver and still got three studs. Same with TE.

That's the point. My RBs have pretty much busted for me so far and I took them early... But I'm still good at the other positions and that's the whole reason I went RB early... I knew I could get very good players at the other spots later on.
I have always understood the thought process behind it...I'm just saying it is backwards

you can bet your ass if we redid the draft right now Julio would go early first round...the ONLY reason you got him late is because everyone in this league thinks like you do lol.

Stafford was a gamble that has paid off so far I guess but he is still 30 points behind Peyton, 15 points behind Rodgers...that difference is equal to an entire game from most RBs

If we redid this draft right now, just 3 games into the season, only about 5-6 RBs would go first round...instead of 10
Old 09-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #735
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I have always understood the thought process behind it...I'm just saying it is backwards

you can bet your ass if we redid the draft right now Julio would go early first round...the ONLY reason you got him late is because everyone in this league thinks like you do lol.

Stafford was a gamble that has paid off so far I guess but he is still 30 points behind Peyton, 15 points behind Rodgers...that difference is equal to an entire game from most RBs

If we redid this draft right now, just 3 games into the season, only about 5-6 RBs would go first round...instead of 10
We are only three games into the season, bro. For all we know, both Richardson and Wilson could explode in the second half of the season.

I can tell you, my rankings might change in a re-draft right now, but my strategy probably wouldn't. The fact that you only believe there's five elite RBs through three weeks makes it even more imperative to address that position early.

And, if Julio goes earlier, maybe I end up with Dermariyous or BMarsh in the second round. Either way I'm not exactly sweating about the WR position.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: