Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #61
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, BB4L will probably be involved in some controversial trade where we all trash him for ripping people off but 5 weeks later we realize that he just gave away his best players.

I feel like things will be a bit less dramatic with Marlo out of the league tho. I really liked having him in the league but he was definitely the most likely person in the league to start a confrontation about a trade.

lol yeah, you win some you lose some on trades... preseason it all looks one way but at the end of the day it can end up any which way

Should be a FUN FUN year. I'll be rooting AGAINST the Raiders big time this year. UNDER 5.5 wins please
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #62
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
RBA, you are like, awesome

edit:

and I keep forgetting who the guy who raped me via trade twice last year was... it was UJF I think or SK I think UJF... gotta stay away from him this year. The previous year I gave PT Steve Smith of CAR for free basically and he had a HUGE year lol. Funny how trades always end up in the end.

Yeah it was me, I don't even remember the players aside from the fact you were willing to give away Donald Brown and I wanted Alfred Morris. You gave into giving Alfred away (luckily because Donald sucked at the final half of the year) and it worked for me until the final 3 weeks of the season where half my team was injured.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #63
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Yeah it was me, I don't even remember the players aside from the fact you were willing to give away Donald Brown and I wanted Alfred Morris. You gave into giving Alfred away (luckily because Donald sucked at the final half of the year) and it worked for me until the final 3 weeks of the season where half my team was injured.
**** I don't know why I ever did that man, I drafted Alfred in every league loved him, moved him here
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #64
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
**** I don't know why I ever did that man, I drafted Alfred in every league loved him, moved him here
Could you send me the league info please?
IlliniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #65
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Could you send me the league info please?
my bad dude, I saw you say you paid and mentally sent the info but didn't actually send the info lol... check the same email you used last year

edit: your e-mail last year was hidden so I can't send the invite right now, please PM me your e-mail thanks

Last edited by baseketball4life : 08-07-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #66
SCY
Put yr guns up

I PMed you another email cause I forgot the PW for the one I was using
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #67
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Invites sent to Illini and SCY
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #68
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

okay I promised myself I would do this last year,

Would anyone like to be in a post season fantasy league? I tried to do this last season but after people lose in here they disappear and it is too hard to gather everyone. A playoff fantasy league keeps fantasy action going the entire football season.

since we are new to it I think we should just try $20 a person, winner take all, or perhaps 1st and 2nd place depending on how many want to join.

The way it works is that every playoff round you get to select a team of players, but you can only select them ONE time the entire post season. So for example if you take Aaron Rodgers for the Wild Card round then you will not be able to select him for the Super Bowl should the Packers make it that far. It is not head-to-head, the team with the most points at the end of the Super Bowl is the winner. There is a lot of skill and strategy involved with this style, it's a lot of fun.

If we can get 6 players, half of this league, that would be a winner take all $120 pot. 8 players - $160, etc

I think those of us that are interested should go ahead and throw in the money NOW though because like I said, it is too difficult to get people together for this in here once week 16-17 rolls around. People start to vanish.\

so anyone interested?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Would anyone like to be in a post season fantasy league? I tried to do this last season but after people lose in here they disappear and it is too hard to gather everyone. A playoff fantasy league keeps fantasy action going the entire football season.

since we are new to it I think we should just try $20 a person, winner take all, or perhaps 1st and 2nd place depending on how many want to join.

The way it works is that every playoff round you get to select a team of players, but you can only select them ONE time the entire post season. So for example if you take Aaron Rodgers for the Wild Card round then you will not be able to select him for the Super Bowl should the Packers make it that far. It is not head-to-head, the team with the most points at the end of the Super Bowl is the winner. There is a lot of skill and strategy involved with this style, it's a lot of fun.

If we can get 6 players, half of this league, that would be a winner take all $120 pot. 8 players - $160, etc

I think those of us that are interested should go ahead and throw in the money NOW though because like I said, it is too difficult to get people together for this in here once week 16-17 rolls around. People start to vanish.\

so anyone interested?

I might be. And is there a site that keeps track of this or you will do it?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #70
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I might be. And is there a site that keeps track of this or you will do it?
I am hoping we can do it the exact same way we are doing this league...using League Safe and Yahoo

I am not sure if Yahoo offers Playoff Fantasy Football though (they should)...but if they don't I know that ESPN and CBS and couple other sites do.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #71
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'd be interested in a playoff fantasy league. It's always fun to try out new formats.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #72
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I am hoping we can do it the exact same way we are doing this league...using League Safe and Yahoo

I am not sure if Yahoo offers Playoff Fantasy Football though (they should)...but if they don't I know that ESPN and CBS and couple other sites do.

ok, I'll try it. $20 aint bad. I have $150 tied up in FF lg this year so losing another $20 wont make me
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #73
jazz873
College star

Quote:

so anyone interested?
Interesting. I like the settings where say wild card round you pick Rodgers and the Packers win, then if you pick Rodgers for the divisional round you get double the points. And if the Packers win again then Rodgers gets triple the points etc.. There is a lot of strategy in that.
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #74
jazz873
College star

Paid
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #75
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Paid
Excellent.

Update:

Paid
RBA
TheSilentKiller
-primetime-
Dooms
Jailblazers7
SCY
BBall4Life
IlliniFan
jazz873

Unpaid
GOBB
NuggetsFan
UtahJazzFan88 (will pay the 15th)

Current Pot = $900

Just three more payments and then I'll conduct the draft order lottery.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: