Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #736
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
We are only three games into the season, bro. For all we know, both Richardson and Wilson could explode in the second half of the season.

I can tell you, my rankings might change in a re-draft right now, but my strategy probably wouldn't. The fact that you only believe there's five elite RBs through three weeks makes it even more imperative to address that position early.

And, if Julio goes earlier, maybe I end up with Dermariyous or BMarsh in the second round. Either way I'm not exactly sweating about the WR position.
RBA if we did this draft again right now and you took ANY RB over Peyton I would say that you that you made a bad pick.

the difference between him and Stafford right now is more than any RB can make up for

the "elite" runners aren't really doing that much better than my RBs...Fred Jackson is a top-10 fantasy RB so far...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #737
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

also there is only ONE "elite" TE this year...wouldn't the thought process of "not that many available so must draft now!" make him the most valuable fantasy player?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #738
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
RBA if we did this draft again right now and you took ANY RB over Peyton I would say that you that you made a bad pick.

the difference between him and Stafford right now is more than any RB can make up for

the "elite" runners aren't really doing that much better than my RBs...Fred Jackson is a top-10 fantasy RB so far...
It's not just about the difference between Stafford and Manning. It's about the different in points between the RB you can get in the first round and the RB you can get later.

And, no, I wouldn't take Manning first overall. First of all, there's no guarantee he will keep up this pace and it's also unlikely this year's crop of RBs will continue to be as mediocre as they've been through the first three weeks.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #739
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
also there is only ONE "elite" TE this year...wouldn't the thought process of "not that many available so must draft now!" make him the most valuable fantasy player?
Jordan Cameron has been elite.

3 games, 20 catches, 269 yards, 4 touchdowns

That's an average of 20.3 points per week in our scoring format (24 points per week in full PPR).

It also doesn't look like he's slowing down.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-24-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #740
SCY
Put yr guns up

Graham is the #1 non-QB scorer.

One thing to remember though, all the RB's that are currently busting make the ones that hit that much more valuable. I'm definitely drafting McCoy, Charles & Peterson (and Graham) before Manning.

If you sort by VBD on this page, you'll see McCoy is 1st, Peyton 2nd...but it doesn't account for .5 PPR or that we're playing 12 extra RB/WR's at flex.

That said, I still think you were probably closer to the truth than anyone PT. I still think those RB's will catch up to you in the long run.

Last edited by SCY : 09-24-2013 at 06:57 PM.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #741
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The difference between Graham and Cameron so far is not as much as you think. With our scoring format, here's their respective points per game...

Graham - 23.8
Cameron - 20.3

Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #742
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
The difference between Graham and Cameron so far is not as much as you think. With our scoring format, here's their respective points per game...

Graham - 23.8
Cameron - 20.3

What do you see happening at qb for the Browns the rest of the season?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #743
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
What do you see happening at qb for the Browns the rest of the season?
That's the million dollar question. I would be surprised if Hoyer isn't the quarterback this week. I'm not saying that because I think he should be the QB, but just the vibe I'm getting.

Lombardi is on the record as a huge fan of Hoyer when Mike worked on NFL Network and he's also on record as not a big fan of Weeden. Now, I'm not going to trust that completely, but he also raved about Trent Richardson in the lead-up to the draft and you saw what happened there. However, I just don't think this regime is wild about Weeden.

With that said, I was not overwhelmed with Hoyer's performance last week. I thought the huge leap in offensive production had everything to do with Gordon coming back and the Vikings' defense not being close to the Dolphins/Ravens than anything Hoyer did. In fact, his three interceptions were very ugly and, despite not having Gordon and going against a better defense the week before, Weeden had no interceptions against the Ravens.

I'm also concerned with how Hoyer will do when opponents have game film on him to study for a week leading up to the game.

It isn't all bad... He's an athletic kid with a ton of confidence and a pretty good arm. He also looked pretty in sync with the receivers despite it being his first game.

I think Hoyer will start this week, but I wouldn't be shocked if Weeden was eventually the starter again. I think it's sort of unfair that Weeden had to play two games with no one who could get open and Hoyer's start happened to come with Gordon on the field, who changes everything with his size, speed and skill. He opens up big plays down the field and underneath routes simply by being on the field.

At the end of the day, both Cameron and Gordon will continue to beast regardless of who the QB is... They have the potential of being a dynamic combination if the Browns ever get their shit together.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #744
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Jordan Cameron has been elite.

3 games, 20 catches, 269 yards, 4 touchdowns

That's an average of 20.3 points per week in our scoring format (24 points per week in full PPR).

It also doesn't look like he's slowing down.
Okay let's say there are 3 elite TEs

Doesnt that make those 3 the most valuable in your eyes?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #745
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Graham is the #1 non-QB scorer.

One thing to remember though, all the RB's that are currently busting make the ones that hit that much more valuable. I'm definitely drafting McCoy, Charles & Peterson (and Graham) before Manning.

If you sort by VBD on this page, you'll see McCoy is 1st, Peyton 2nd...but it doesn't account for .5 PPR or that we're playing 12 extra RB/WR's at flex.

That said, I still think you were probably closer to the truth than anyone PT. I still think those RB's will catch up to you in the long run.
If we went back to the start of the season you would still take those RBs over Peyton? Knowing what you know now?

Points are points...plain and simple...you're using poor math here.

If we actually took the time to redraft I bet you anything my logic would create a higher scoring team than yours through these first 3 weeks
Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #746
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:

They're valuable but not even close to the same thing as RBs because you only have to start one TE, which means most teams don't keep more than 2 on a roster. So, the pool isn't as picked over as RB.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #747
SCY
Put yr guns up

Forgot to post the link I was referring to. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...13/fantasy.htm

SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #748
jazz873
College star

Quote:

You would argue Jimmy Graham is the most valuable TE as of today correct?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #749
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The fact that I (and others) were able to put together formidible starting lineups despite going RB early is exactly the reason we went RB early. There is no denying the logic behind it. Pointing at one guy and saying, "Look, that guy at this other position has been great in the first three games... It's obvious your rationale is bogus..."

That doesn't work.

Again, I went RB with two of my first three picks and I'm still solid at QB, WR and TE. Being slightly better at one of those positions was not worth picking through the garbage which would have been left at RB after the first two rounds.

There's really nothing more to debate.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #750
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
The fact that I (and others) were able to put together formidible starting lineups despite going RB early is exactly the reason we went RB early. There is no denying the logic behind it. Pointing at one guy and saying, "Look, that guy at this other position has been great in the first three games... It's obvious your rationale is bogus..."

That doesn't work.

Again, I went RB with two of my first three picks and I'm still solid at QB, WR and TE. Being slightly better at one of those positions was not worth picking through the garbage which would have been left at RB after the first two rounds.

There's really nothing more to debate.

It's because he hit with his RB's. He's got Fred Jackson who nobody would have thought was going to split carries with Spiller. Ray Rice got hurt and he got Pierce who has been a full time back now and woulda went earlier had people known that. Mendenhall had that one blowup week, so prime has pulled off 18-20 from his backs each week so far or atleast the past two which is a decent average.

Facts are in our league there are 24 starting RB's, 12 starting QB's, 12 starting TE's, 36 starting WR's and an additional 12 spots for RB's/WR's. Besides the guys who got Rodgers, Peyton, Brees most of us are comparable at the QB position, WR's are everywhere. Getting 2 starting RB's is pretty valuable.

Obviously useless if you miss at every other position, or if you disregard RB's but still end up getting decent numbers so far.

I'll be curious to see what happens if Spiller takes back his carries, Ray Rice comes back, and Mendenhall is a 7-8 point back.

I think we are all starting 11/12 of the top scoring QB's in our league. Over half are within 5 points of eachother. I'd imagine the gap between some peoples RB2 and others is pretty large.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: