Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #916
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
now that you have Gronk and RG3 is running again, you have a good fantasy team

not sure if it is good enough to dig you out of the hole you're in though
Good is a strong word. I would use better
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #917
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yeah, everyone still has a chance at making the post season

even Silent Killer who had a monster game out of no where...

there are 6 games left...a 2-5 team right now would finish 8-5 if they won out...that is more than enough to make the playoffs

we are half way done...still another half to go

Doesnt help that Luck just lost Reggie Wayne. I have Hilton but depending on him to pick up the slack is like depending on McFadden to be a fantasy contributor. Dont wake meeeeeee, I'm dreeeeeeeaming.

I wish I won that game vs RBA where punk ass Antonio Brown scored 35pts to win the game for him. I had a 32 or 34pt lead.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #918
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
sorry jazz, you had to play me the one week my team goes apeshit.
Yup

Just an unlucky week in general. Now Doug Martin is out
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #919
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its amazing that RBA held on for a win

B4L just needed Peterson and Eli to combine for 30 points and it didn't happen.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #920
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Its amazing that RBA held on for a win

B4L just needed Peterson and Eli to combine for 30 points and it didn't happen.
I'm not sure what the surprise is lol, I've been putting up decent points all year with nothing to show for it and RBA plugged in a back up RB in Helu who got him 25 points... that just doesn't happen from back up RBs when the starter at no point in the game left due to injury or any other reason. I lost because of Helu not Peterson or Manning
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #921
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Interesting deal between UJF and I.... I would have liked this trade better had I won against RBA. Or shall I say had I not been Helu'd by RBA. SD offense is forreal and Mathews should be a strong RB2. S-Jax upon return high RB2 low RB1 upside. McGahee RB3/4 depending on matchups. Doesn't help that Lynch's offensive line is decimated, this trade improves my starters - that was the goal. But I plan also involved beating RBA, fail.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #922
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do like the trade but I feel like it could be a gamble (I guess that's how trades are, right lol). I think Steven Jackson could be really good and that's sorta why I pulled the trigger with Julio being out the rest of the year, Mathews should be solid, not really too high on McGahee at this point but oh well.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #923
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually think this trade is a win for both people

Jazz had no RBs other than Lynch and needed to break him up for more

B4L had Peterson and the ones he is trading...so now he has a Lynch and Peterson duo.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #924
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yahoo is acting funky for me so could someone post the exact details of the trade?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #925
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
yahoo is acting funky for me so could someone post the exact details of the trade?
Jazz Ballers gets:

-Ryan Mathews
-Steven Jackson
-Willis McGahee

B4L gets:

-Marshawn Lynch
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #926
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Yeah I pretty much agree with your evaluation PT... pretty fair, my starters get better however not sure if anything can save my season sitting at 2-5 I need to go 6-0 next 6 weeks or I'm done. 1 loss may be allowed if I score a ton of points but at this point doesn't look likely. One can dream tho.

As for everyone in the trade, I like to break this shit down

Mathews I see as a good RB2, I like SD's offense this year and Mathews is showing good ability as well

S-Jax:

Quote:
--RB Steven Jackson has a hamstring injury. He is set to return to practice on Wednesday and if he doesn't have any set backs, should play this week against Arizona.
Mon, Oct 21 Sportsxchange

Looked good week 1 but got hurt at the start of week 2. Should be everything for that offense and should be able to handle it easily as that's what he was in STL. Worst case good Rb2, best case low end Rb1 tbh.

McGahee is a guy you can plug in for bye weeks, he's got easier matchups going forward

Lynch is a low end RB1, best RB in trade for sure. He's on pace for 1,200 rushing and 10+ TD total. Doesn't catch the ball a lot but is reliable for heavy carries good shot of scoring. If his offensive line was healthy/good this year he would be better than he is and also Russell Wilson wouldn't have to be running for his life every time he snaps it (still makes things happen)
Old 10-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #927
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Fair trade. Lynch is by far the safest guy in the trade but Jackson could give big upside when he comes back.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #928
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I think it's a bad trade for Jazz. I know I made an awful trade for myself this year, so who am I to talk...but this is bad.

Lynch is a STUD. He's already 3rd in PPG for RB's, and if you look at splits from the last two years, he didn't truly go beastmode until December so better things are most likely ahead.

S-Jax....are we really sure he's coming back healthy? I mean, he's missed 5ish weeks with a hammy. Doesn't sound like a slam dunk to me, and he doesn't have a great schedule.

Mathews is a good RB2....on his own team. He's had two nice weeks in a row, one against the Jaguars. He's playable but not a guy I'd be excited about. McGahee's a desperation hope he falls into the end zone play, just barely worth rostering.

I get the motivation to improve on BJGE at the RB2 slot, but don't think this was the answer.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #929
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I think that's a huge win for basketball4life. I could and probably am wrong but Lynch is a 1st round pick, guaranteed stud. 3rd most points by a RB and not slowing down. Willis won't start for Jazz, so even if he does have a rare good day he'll be on his bench prolly, Matthews is solid but there's a RB on his team that has outscored him by 20+ so far this season. Jackson I guess could potentially be solid but he's 30 years old coming off an injury.

I won't pretend to know enough to veto it and they both agreed so all good in my books but I think this sets up basketball4life while Jazz takes a hit at the RB position.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #930
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

lol, I like to read trade evaluations that were made at the time of a trade when a month passes. I have to disagree with the notion that Mathews is no good - SCY. Mathews I've watched closely this year, actually he would have gone for 100+ on Oakland as well had he not been concussed that game so his stats are lower than they could be. That's for one, for two sure he doesn't get the receptions in SD offense but he's the primary ball carrier ticketed for around 20 carries a week in a offense that will score a good amount. I have no doubt he is a good RB2. McGahee is a bye week play or when he has a good matchup play. Lynch is a RB1 of course, but has offensive line issues and isn't involved a lot in the passing game. Harvin comes back this week or next and that's another mouth to feed - not saying Lynch isn't a RB1 because he is but I don't think he's a slam dunk for production every week... I've seen it with Peterson the past 2 weeks, he's done completely NOTHING for me regardless of workload or anything.

As far as S-Jax goes he's expected back this week, and has had plenty of time to rest. his 5.5 YPC this year and the way he looked week 1 tells me he has plenty left. He will be the focal point and I think it's fair to say as a full load RB for ATL he is when healthy at worst a RB2 with RB1 upside as far as situations go his situation is just like Lynch's except Jackson will be heavily involved in the passing game something Lynch isn't. I had Jackson 12th overall on my pre-draft board so I'm probably high on him but I don't think it's smart to proclaim this a massive win for either side until it plays out. A month from now we'll see who won or who didn't or even if it's a win for anyone.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: