Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #931
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Think it's way more important to make sure you get who you want than "save money", but I'm curious if there were any other bids on Kenny Stills? Had a bye so was under the radar probably, but he should have been owned. Have to hope his upside pays off with nothing else going for me at the position.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #932
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,574
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Think it's way more important to make sure you get who you want than "save money", but I'm curious if there were any other bids on Kenny Stills? Had a bye so was under the radar probably, but he should have been owned. Have to hope his upside pays off with nothing else going for me at the position.
I actually had three wavers in and got none. Had one for stills ($6), one for Mike James ($35), and one for heywerd-bey ($15)
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #933
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

wow, B4L broke his wallet...not sure what to think of that...congrats on getting James though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #934
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
wow, B4L broke his wallet...not sure what to think of that...congrats on getting James though
If it isn't obvious already by all my moves, I'm desperate with a 2-5 record I see it as nothing to lose. I have to go 5-1 at least next 6 basically need a miracle. Im still befuddled at how my team sucks so much lol.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #935
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
If it isn't obvious already by all my moves, I'm desperate with a 2-5 record I see it as nothing to lose. I have to go 5-1 at least next 6 basically need a miracle. Im still befuddled at how my team sucks so much lol.
you had a good start I thought, you were the point leader for a few weeks...then your team just started slowing down on you

losing Steven Jackson probably hurt you a lot more than it seems...he was your 2nd round pick and you really can't afford to lose out on picks 1&2 in fantasy football.

it also looks like your 3rd pick Fitz is a bust...repeat of last year for him, poor guy

Fitz is probably going to be 6th-7th round pick next year...he just isn't a number machine anymore...be it the QB situation or him just slowing down
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #936
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,984
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Three of the four losses for jazz873 this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #937
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you had a good start I thought, you were the point leader for a few weeks...then your team just started slowing down on you

losing Steven Jackson probably hurt you a lot more than it seems...he was your 2nd round pick and you really can't afford to lose out on picks 1&2 in fantasy football.

it also looks like your 3rd pick Fitz is a bust...repeat of last year for him, poor guy

Fitz is probably going to be 6th-7th round pick next year...he just isn't a number machine anymore...be it the QB situation or him just slowing down
I'd say all three of my first three picks were busts in AP, Jackson, Fitz. Of the three at least Jackson has hope he was only a bust because of injury, still over 5 YPC in a improved situation he's got hope especially since he's going to be a every down guy without Julio. I think Fitzgerald also he strained his hamstring in week 2 and hasn't been the same player on the field because of it but has 10 days of rest before this Sunday. Then bye after that he will be good the rest of the year barring injury but it will be too late. AP has been absolutely horrible, huge massive disappointment. I'd say out of everyone I've had this year only AP has disappointed me. Fitz was hamstring, S-Jax quad injuries are fine, but AP been healthy just horrible.

I WOULD MOVE AP for the right deal
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #938
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

trade sent B4L
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #939
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,192
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
If it isn't obvious already by all my moves, I'm desperate with a 2-5 record I see it as nothing to lose. I have to go 5-1 at least next 6 basically need a miracle. Im still befuddled at how my team sucks so much lol.

I think the James pickup is nice. Getting a Lynch/AP combo seems huge too. If you don't win this week when I have Forte/Rice/T.Smith on bye than it's just not your year

H2H format seems really flawed, GOBB getting bent over. Illini and Jazz as well. Besides ptiddy everybody is really close, going to go right down to the finish.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #940
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I think the James pickup is nice. Getting a Lynch/AP combo seems huge too. If you don't win this week when I have Forte/Rice/T.Smith on bye than it's just not your year

H2H format seems really flawed, GOBB getting bent over. Illini and Jazz as well. Besides ptiddy everybody is really close, going to go right down to the finish.
Yeah it will take a total fluke for you to beat me, however I can see it happening.

You have a lot of high upside studs: Josh Gordon is capable of 20+ points easily, Mike W. and T-Will both are capable of the same thing. Your WR's could easily combine for a shitload of points. Of course you have Cam who is rollin' now and I see killing TB tomorrow. Moreno and Julius Thomas play a non-existent defense in Washington, that is very very dangerous as well. Bowe hasn't scored in a while and is due, I also doubt that Haden shadows him as Bowe's ability is in decline (still good, but he used to have elite real life ability). And SF Defense @ JAX could also get you 20+ points. Not going to be easy for me, but I'm favored for sure.

And PT, no thanks on that offer, if Spiller was out for the season I might do it but as of now no thanks.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #941
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Of course Tolbert has a massive fantasy game for his standards v. me. 13 points roughly already for him, Cam at 27 LOL... Called this shit didn't I Natalie?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #942
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,192
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Of course Tolbert has a massive fantasy game for his standards v. me. 13 points roughly already for him, Cam at 27 LOL... Called this shit didn't I Natalie?

I was so close to waiting out Brandon Jacobs till Sunday but seen Tolbert had a few good weeks and figured I'd hope for a Newton connection like last week. Needed that type of Thursday to even make this interesting, still think you win. That Lynch trade was huge this week for you, you went from having Matthews on bye to playing Lynch. AP had a down game last week, probably rebounds big.

Kinda sucks for you, on the brightside atleast your not GOBB his team has 930 points against
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #943
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,073
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

I'm fairly confident my team is one of the better teams in the league and will start showing it more consistently now. I really don't see any glaring weakness outside of WR depth. I really need this win against Gobb this week. V-Jax came back down to earth after he exploded the past couple weeks and Marshall is on bye. Need Lesean and Kaep to carry me.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #944
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I was so close to waiting out Brandon Jacobs till Sunday but seen Tolbert had a few good weeks and figured I'd hope for a Newton connection like last week. Needed that type of Thursday to even make this interesting, still think you win. That Lynch trade was huge this week for you, you went from having Matthews on bye to playing Lynch. AP had a down game last week, probably rebounds big.

Kinda sucks for you, on the brightside atleast your not GOBB his team has 930 points against
Well, Wilson is going to have to go 20+ points or I lost, Cam putting up 30 is massive. I think your WR > my WR... and with Tolbert doing that, RBs could be a push to... my flex pooped out as well. Well yahoo! says it's basically 50-50 odds on who wins now, I was heavily favored by like 25-30 points before Cam/Tolbert did that and James shat the bed... I should have gone with Hillis he was my gut feeling but I was talked out of it by a friend smh.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #945
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,022
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Check out my starting roster this week if you want a laugh, guys. Two weeks ago, I loved my team.

I'm having a fire sale. If you see anything you like, come and get it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy