Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #61
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Celtics hire Brad Stevens as head coach

Great hire for the Celtics. No NBA experience but you have to start somewhere. Brad Stevens coached a Butler team led by the Utah Jazz's very own Gordon Hayward ( ), im sure he'll do fine in the NBA.

Im already predicting that Celtics "fans" are gonna want him gone after one or two seasons though... but seriously I wouldn't have high expectations for any coach in the NBA during a rebuilding period. I'd only judge him after he's got a decent amount of talent to coach.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #62
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Random move, but what's with all the outrage? The Celtics aren't trying to do much of anything in terms of championship contention these next couple years. He could be good for developing young talent with all of those picks they received. The length of the contract is pretty long though, damn
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #63
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember Butler beating #1 seed Syracuse during the season when they played Duke in the championship. They played some good scrappy defense, forcing Syracuse to turnover almost 20 times. I think their offense was kinda ugly though.

In a way, his coaching style is very similar to Rondo's game- great scrappy defender, ugly offense.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #64
GrapeApe
Good High School Starter

GrapeApe has decent reputation

I think he's going to be really, really good..........in time. Gutsy but good hire IMO.
GrapeApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #65
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He signed a 6 year $22million contract
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #66
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Okay.

Well...

Its not Vinny Del Negro?

Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #67
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputation

Great hire. It is a lot better than them getting a pathetic failed retread NBA coach. This guy is young and knows his stuff.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #68
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

new hire is better than failed retread
I<3NBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #69
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

I like it, especially when I contrast this with what the Lakers have done coachingwise.

Also, I'm willing to bet Rondo and Stevens will get along just fine but, the thing that I can clearly state right now is this:

NOW THIS IS TRULY RONDO'S TEAM.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #70
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Wow, Ainge doesnt mess around, he literally demolishes Celtics to the ground for tanking. I wont be surprised if Rondo is moved too.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: