Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Connor B
High School Varsity 6th Man

Connor B has not been impressing people
Default We were always dumb to believe the Nets would be good.

Me included. Well, I didn't say they would be a 64 win team and be a true contender (they were my pre-season 4th seed), but I definitely saw them getting possibly to the ECF.

For a lot of people though, they were championship caliber...and looking back we should be ashamed as ball fans for jumping that gun when we knew the following:

- Their best player was Deron Williams
- Their coach had just retired as a player and was coaching a veteran team
- Garnett and Pierce were going to instill a tough/defensive culture...but we acted like they would also have a significant impact on the floor too
- Their bench was "deep", but it got to the point where we just called it deep because everyone else was calling it deep

So, injuries aside, let's be real, this team was never going to be amazing. Not this bad obviously, but not championship caliber.
Connor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We were always dumb to believe the Nets would be good.

The only flaws I saw on the team were the bench and the coach. I expected Deron Williams to play like a PG and stop chucking shots.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this board

Hindsight is 20/20
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP title should be changed to Its A VC was dumb to believe the Nets would be this good.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never did.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
I never did.
how bout the lakers last season?
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

GOod PG, post scoring, center who can create high percentage stuff down low, championship winning vets, AK47 on the bench, they have it all, they are just flopping failures. New York=Basketball mecca my ass
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not me. I got it 100% right. Because I'm awesome in every way possible.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Not me. I got it 100% right. Because I'm awesome in every way possible.
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i predicted Lakers 2.0 right from the start. they were old geezers, it's not hard to see they would be this bad.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
OP title should be changed to Its A VC was dumb to believe the Nets would be this good.
him and tons of other posters here talking about championship flight 2014 These damn kids kill me!
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Purch is considered somewhat coolPurch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
how bout the lakers last season?
It's interesting, it was because of the Lakers last season, that I wasnt impressed when I heard about Brooklyn's offseason.I've become really critical of "2k teams" that just add stars, regardless of age or coaches. It'll get you wins in 2k, but in real life you need some sort of system and identity. I think the best thing that happend to Miami is they started to establish a defensive identity from the get go.

Last edited by Purch : 12-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Purch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Mr Know It All has decent reputationMr Know It All has decent reputation

I thought their ceiling was a 2011 type of Celtics team. If they could stay healthy they could hover around winning 50 games and challenge either Indiana or Miami in the playoffs. I never thought they were serious championship contenders. Quite frankly they just don't have enough top tier talent to get to that point.

I still believe they will make the playoffs and make a push in the second half of the season (assuming they get healthy, which is certainly no guarantee). Hell, who am I kidding, I just hope they recover so the Raptors can safely tank for a top pick without worrying about actually competing in the dreadful Atlantic.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
I thought their ceiling was a 2011 type of Celtics team. If they could stay healthy they could hover around winning 50 games and challenge either Indiana or Miami in the playoffs.
you knicks haters and delusional nets lovers kill me with this shit by tha way mr. retard you forgot to include tha knicks with Indiana and criami
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
you knicks haters and delusional nets lovers kill me with this shit by tha way mr. retard you forgot to include tha knicks with Indiana and criami

Lmao criami. If the heat win the ship this year im done watchin bball for a few years. I think the nets will turn it around...too much talent.
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: