Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yall believe that BS if you want. We have historically had terrible GM's. Period. Stop making excuses for them. It's one thing if we're talking superstars. It's another thing if we're talking role players. I don't see us making the effort. The moratorium period isn't even over and we've blown our mini mid already. So let's stop acting like we've done everything we can to sign guys. Glen Grunwald is doing a lazy job. Period. If it were up to him, we would have brought back he same roster we had last year.

And the Knicks play as many people on the roster as any team in the league. Damn near every player started on the team except JR.
This team has been spurned by superstars and role players. its not even a big secret GM's and Players alike have not regarded this place as a likely destination.

You cant say how lazy a gm is you are not in the office or phone calls. you are not privy to any of those things.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yall believe that BS if you want. We have historically had terrible GM's. Period. Stop making excuses for them. It's one thing if we're talking superstars. It's another thing if we're talking role players. I don't see us making the effort. The moratorium period isn't even over and we've blown our mini mid already. So let's stop acting like we've done everything we can to sign guys. Glen Grunwald is doing a lazy job. Period. If it were up to him, we would have brought back he same roster we had last year.

And the Knicks play as many people on the roster as any team in the league. Damn near every player started on the team except JR.
The fact almost every player started lets you know how weak the starters are, and rarely should the bench be put in those situations so often.

Take Miami the team the Knicks allegedly are trying to beat....

They have guys who rarely get burn let alone start in James Jones and Rashard Lewis.

Wonder why? because the teams core is good enough to carry the team...mainly it's starters.

in your eyes the bench should propel the starters...it dont work like that.

How many times did the bench come in this year facing a deficit? Too many.

The starters arent as good as you think they are.

And he actually IS bringing back the same roster.

Tyson Melo Amare Shump Felton are all back...the longer term deals havent gone anywhere, and they even brought back JR and Pablo.

Thats the core...just like last year, and likely a similar or worse result.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Do not misinterpret I do not think Grunwald is doing a good job but its not like its his decision soley. This is not how this FO works.

I think Franchise is saying that the starters arent good and neither is the bench. Guys that are starting arent that much better than the bench players.

I didnt expect too much this year as far as moves because the Knicks had no ammunition. Last year was the year to make a run which in Grunwalds eyes probably was why he was so veteran laden.

I just wish he would address the Knicks inability to defend and rebound. I dont think the offense will be anything to cure per se because its an ISO crappy offense. Streaky.

We still have a few days to see what they will bring in. The dumbest thing was wasting part of the mini. The Bargs trade wouldnt have been bad if he didnt dump 3 picks.

Last edited by Rameek : 07-07-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Do not misinterpret I do not think Grunwald is doing a good job but its not like its his decision soley. This is not how this FO works.

I think Franchise is saying that the starters arent good and neither is the bench. Guys that are starting arent that much better than the bench players.

I didnt expect too much this year as far as moves because the Knicks had no ammunition. Last year was the year to make a run which in Grunwalds eyes probably was why he was so veteran laden.

I just wish he would address the Knicks inability to defend and rebound. I dont think the offense will be anything to cure per se because its an ISO crappy offense. Streaky.

We still have a few days to see what they will bring in. The dumbest thing was wasting part of the mini. The Bargs trade wouldnt have been bad if he didnt dump 3 picks.
I dont think I'll ever hear the enlarged part.

The Bargnani move will likely be his biggest move and it really shows the team isn't committed what it takes to win when it matters.

You can find guys who score in the scrap heap, we need defenders and rebounders those dont usually come cheap.

No one can tell me that three draft picks and an expiring contract couldnt have nabbed a good defender/rebounder.

Grunwald could have offered that during the draft without camby and gotten a second round pick.

Then we could have drafted one.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's pretty accurate to what I'm saying actually. Our roster is devoid of talent. I've said it time and time again. Now we all know Amare's contract and lack of production holds us hostage. That being said, it isn't going anywhere. It's all the more reason why you cannot afford to make bonehead moves when it comes to your role players. It's ok for Knickscity to say "the starters aren't good enough so what does it matter". It's not ok for our GM to do so. Do your job.

And no Rameek, I'm not in the office and I'm not on the phone calls. You're exactly right. I am however on the internet. I do see the players we've turned down. I've seen the players we've said we aren't interested in. I've seen the fact that Prigioni ate up a sizeable portion of our mini mid (our only asset outside of vet min deals). If this was august/september and this happened. So be it. The moratorium period hasn't even been lifted yet. This is what Grunwald WANTED to do. He wasn't backed into a corner with Prigioni as his last option. Prigioni would be available the entire summer. Nobody else wants him. Grunwald made him a priority. Same way he did with Jason Kidd last year, when guys like Carlos Delfino were still available (and is still on the market now).

The guy just does a lazy job at evaluating talent all the way down to our summer league team last year. Now you can't tell me guys turned their noses up to our summer league roster. Those are literally guys just fighting for their NBA lives.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

What players have we reportedly "turned down"?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we did a good job i think this offseason, got rid of some dead weight in return for a productive player and shored up our major free agents who are now great trade bait at the trade deadline with desirable contracts. we did lose out on a draft pick but if we score in the 2015 free agency, we should be fine
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I would be curious who the Knicks turned down as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
we did a good job i think this offseason, got rid of some dead weight in return for a productive player and shored up our major free agents who are now great trade bait at the trade deadline with desirable contracts. we did lose out on a draft pick but if we score in the 2015 free agency, we should be fine
Sorry I hope Bargs turns back the clock to 3 years ago but he is far from a productive player. I am just praying he can get and stay healthy and be what he was in the distant past.

We didnt sure up any FA's we resigned Prigs with part our mini mle (dumbest unnecessary move) and JR (I hope someone comes in and trumps our contract).

You realize the Knicks havent scored well in FA.

I will say the draft was ok and getting Leslie. We will see where that goes.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i meant our own free agents, sure as hell we werent going to land anyone of value with 3 milion a year

good contracts that can bring in a stud at the trade deadline
3 mil +6 mil, +11 mil can bring in a player from a team looking to dump may it be next season or the one after

Last edited by bluechox2 : 07-07-2013 at 09:17 PM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

I like how rameek and many others pretend offense and lack of balance was not a problem. It's not like the pacers won that series scoring in the 80's.

Moving Carmelo to the 3 in itself will help defense and rebounding. Bargnani was an addition to a team that could not score enough to win and his defense will be much better than the reputation you believe so much.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I like how rameek and many others pretend offense and lack of balance was not a problem. It's not like the pacers won that series scoring in the 80's.

Moving Carmelo to the 3 in itself will help defense and rebounding. Bargnani was an addition to a team that could not score enough to win and his defense will be much better than the reputation you believe so much.
The Pacers series was lost because we didnt have the athletes, size, or the ability to capitalize on their TO's.

You act like Bargs is an elite player and he isnt. he's another 40% volume shooter. Is that what any team needs? 3 of those types of players?

I'm more on board with the guy because he is here me crying about it wont change the fact that he is here so I am cautiously on board. Hopefully he adds more from 3 years ago than he the terrible prone player with no heart.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #27
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The Pacers series was lost because we didnt have the athletes, size, or the ability to capitalize on their TO's.

You act like Bargs is an elite player and he isnt. he's another 40% volume shooter. Is that what any team needs? 3 of those types of players?

I'm more on board with the guy because he is here me crying about it wont change the fact that he is here so I am cautiously on board. Hopefully he adds more from 3 years ago than he the terrible prone player with no heart.
Playing 3 guys at a time out of position played a big part in that

Size and athletisim goes up big at 3 positions with Bargnani on board
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #28
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So far I'm pretty disappointed with out off-season. I was hoping we could find some decent role players but it looks like the front office isn't doing much (except giving away 3 draft picks for a player Raptors wanted to get rid of).

The thing is,last year was our golden opportunity to get to the ECF. We aren't really any better this year. Heat and Pacers are still better than us. Bulls with healthy Rose are better. Nets are better.
Knicks need to do something if they want to keep up with the top of the East. Signing Bargnani isn't going to lead us to the ECF,or maybe even to the 2nd round.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Among players I've heard we're not interested in includes Nate Robinson, Jason Maxiell and Nick Young. I've mostly heard the Nate Robinson one. But that's neother here nor there. The bigger issue is, our priorities seem awry. It seemed as if our free agent priority #1 was bringing Pablo Prigioni back We really acted as if this guy was some type of dire need/ prize possession. Nobody else gave a damn about him. His options were play here or go home. I don't get how you tap into your lone asset outside of min contracts for this guy. If we didn't make him an offer right away, only one of two things would have happened. #1He'd be sitting around waiting for an offer from us a la Kenyon Martin. #2 He'd say F this, I'm going back overseas. At the end of the day, so what. I'm pretty sure we can replace 3 points 3 assists and a few hustle plays per game.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Not saying you're a liar but bro I never seen anything of the sorts in regards to Jason (who is injured) or Nick. Nate probably burned bridges with in the organization its not like the Knicks can afford him.

Garcia turned down the Knicks offer.

Now we got people politicking for Brand lets see where he goes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: