Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Not saying you're a liar but bro I never seen anything of the sorts in regards to Jason (who is injured) or Nick. Nate probably burned bridges with in the organization its not like the Knicks can afford him.

Garcia turned down the Knicks offer.

Now we got people politicking for Brand lets see where he goes.
I hear Telfair's people reached out to the Knicks and there's interest but we're being stingy with money. I hope we can bring him in, because if Felton goes does for some reason and Prigioni is our PG....
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Very few teams sign vet min players this soon.

Let the tree leaves blow a little and see whats left.

Just like Pablo wasnt going anwhere, but they wanted him back, no one is currently interested that much in Telfair either.

He's a third string pg anyway, if he signs somewhere who...really...cares?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #33
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Very few teams sign vet min players this soon.

Let the tree leaves blow a little and see whats left.

Just like Pablo wasnt going anwhere, but they wanted him back, no one is currently interested that much in Telfair either.

He's a third string pg anyway, if he signs somewhere who...really...cares?
Last year was the first year I could actually see him as a legit PG. He played pretty well for the Suns overall as Dragic's back up.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

This is what I don't get.

You get a 12 million dollar PF. You target Brand. You wanna bring back Martin. You expect Amare to be healthy....but then you still wanna start Melo at the 4.

You get back JR. You draft Tim Hardaway Jr. Shumpert plays fairly well in the playoffs....but you wanna start Pablo Prigioni.

I'm confused
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is what I don't get.

You get a 12 million dollar PF. You target Brand. You wanna bring back Martin. You expect Amare to be healthy....but then you still wanna start Melo at the 4.

You get back JR. You draft Tim Hardaway Jr. Shumpert plays fairly well in the playoffs....but you wanna start Pablo Prigioni.

I'm confused
Pablo starts because Felton is ass in his position, I'd rather start Pablo and give him 25 minutes in that role.

It's a damn shame a 36 year old plays better defense and actually runs an offense....Felton was the worst starting pg defensively.

I dont mind depth, add the player formerly known as Ron Artest to that mix.

My starters.....

Pablo
Shumpert
Melo
MWP
Tyson

6th man JR
Felton
Bargnani
K-Mart
Amare

Hardaway, CJ, Tourre, "backup Big"....last spot leave it open.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Pablo starts because Felton is ass in his position, I'd rather start Pablo and give him 25 minutes in that role.

It's a damn shame a 36 year old plays better defense and actually runs an offense....Felton was the worst starting pg defensively.

I dont mind depth, add the player formerly known as Ron Artest to that mix.

My starters.....

Pablo
Shumpert
Melo
MWP
Tyson

6th man JR
Felton
Bargnani
K-Mart
Amare

Hardaway, CJ, Tourre, "backup Big"....last spot leave it open.
What is the team coming to that a guy like Pablo is suggested to have a major role on a team

Your team sucks if a player like Pablo starts or gets major minutes. Its a disgrace!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #37
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Felton isnt starter worthy, he needs another pg on the floor so he can slide to the two.

On defense he doesnt guard his position either, because he cant.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I don't get how one can say Felton sucks but Pablo doesn't. Are you suggesting that Pablo Prigioni is better than Raymond Felton?

Also, Pablo Prigioni doesn't run anything. If there's defense, he can't even bring the ball up. Let's knock it off lol I don't get how every year you're in "championship or rebuild" mode but you want Pablo Prigioni to start for an NBA team. He would IMMEDIATELY become the worst starting PG in the NBA.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Did Pablo Prigioni DESERVE a single vote? Cmon now. If I want to hear the idiotic justifications of our bum fan favorites, I'll just go on ESPN myself. Prigioni and Lillard aren't even in the same stratosphere. Felton is way better than Prigioni. And Shitioni is a bum. Period. I don't need some article or someone else's opinion to see that.

We went on a streak because Melo and JR went apeshit in the month of April. I know you'd love to ignore that fact but it's true. And that had zero to do with Pablo.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #40
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Do you guys think maybe Shumpert can start in the PG spot? I was thinking that since we can run a lot of iso with the personnel that we have, the fact that we don't really have a true PG on the floor won't be that important?

Maybe as the starting five-

Shumpert
-Shooter?
Melo
Amare/Bargnani/Martin/MWP
Chandler

Is Mo Williams available at all for a cheap price? I know he hasn't been able to get a contract but I'm not sure how much he's looking for or how much we can offer. Great shooter though.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Did Pablo Prigioni DESERVE a single vote? Cmon now. If I want to hear the idiotic justifications of our bum fan favorites, I'll just go on ESPN myself. Prigioni and Lillard aren't even in the same stratosphere. Felton is way better than Prigioni. And Shitioni is a bum. Period. I don't need some article or someone else's opinion to see that.

We went on a streak because Melo and JR went apeshit in the month of April. I know you'd love to ignore that fact but it's true. And that had zero to do with Pablo.
I would like to say most of the players stepped their games up in April.

But I'm sure the stars only get credit for wins....nobody else, which is exactly why i always blame them for losses.

I dont question your knowledge of the game, but i dont think you watch the Knick games very much.

The article and advanced data corresponds to what actually happened on the court.

You wanna credit only Melo and JR...cool.

Thats why besides Kidd, they were the most dismal.

No playoff heart.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I would like to say most of the players stepped their games up in April.

But I'm sure the stars only get credit for wins....nobody else, which is exactly why i always blame them for losses.

I dont question your knowledge of the game, but i dont think you watch the Knick games very much.

The article and advanced data corresponds to what actually happened on the court.

You wanna credit only Melo and JR...cool.

Thats why besides Kidd, they were the most dismal.

No playoff heart.

If being "knowledgeable" means saying stuff like Pablo Prigioni was a better guard than Raymond Felton, then I'd rather remain knowledge-less in your eyes. And I will gladly furnish my Verizon Fios cable bill that shows my League Pass purchase lol I watched damn near every game at least once with the exception of the London game. I've gone to quite a few games as well.

All I know is, Jared Jeffries, Pablo Prigioni, Josh Harrelson, Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler have been the Knicks who've gotten the most praise from you since I've been a member here.

I'm not saying JR and Melo were the ONLY reason we went on a streak but I'm not going to be blind and act like Prigioni was the biggest reason. That's just being a hater. JR had arguably the best stretch of his career and Melo was POTM if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, an 18 game stretch in an 82 game season is an awfully small sample set. Not to mention, I would HOPE we improve considering Jason Kidd starting was the alternative. You really can't get worse than Jason Kidd.

For the record, I've routinely said +/- is the most meaningless stat in the NBA.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

All I know is, Jared Jeffries, Pablo Prigioni, Josh Harrelson, Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler have been the Knicks who've gotten the most praise from you since I've been a member here.

And this is a flat out lie. This is the only year I've actually given ANY criticism to Melo....not when the Knicks got swept in 2011...not last year against Miami.

I've left him alone because he didnt have any help.

But this year? No way, the dude had help, and shot more shots than anyone has ever seen, and assisted as least as he could.

Quote:
I'm not saying JR and Melo were the ONLY reason we went on a streak but I'm not going to be blind and act like Prigioni was the biggest reason. That's just being a hater. JR had arguably the best stretch of his career and Melo was POTM if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, an 18 game stretch in an 82 game season is an awfully small sample set. Not to mention, I would HOPE we improve considering Jason Kidd starting was the alternative. You really can't get worse than Jason Kidd.
Kidd isnt here anymore, so no one can use that excuse anymore.

Kidd also has nothing to do with Melo's 41% shooting in the playoffs either.

At least JR has an excuse why his play was garbage, too bad he negated it by clubbing every night.

And for the record, I didnt say Pablo was the biggest reason for the Knicks winning, I said he was better than Felton....Felton is garbage.

I've recognized melo's MVP regular season.

He's just a garbage playoff performer, that needs to trust his more efficient teammates and recognize when they are hitting shots.....stop shooting.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Garbage and 28 and 7 don't add up.

And if you think Pablo Prigioni is better than Raymond Felton...I don't even know what to say anymore.

And what was all this "help" Melo got? Amare was still non existent. Kidd was even worse than Mike Bibby in the playoffs. Prigioni is a scrub. Chandler stunk it up YET AGAIN. You yourself said Copeland was invisible in the Celtics series. The only person who really was reliable all playoffs was Shumpert.

And what exactly was JR's excuse?

You argument really makes no sense. You're saying "you can't use Kidd as an exacuse because he's gone". We havent played a game since he's left. Did I miss the beginning of the season? I'm sorry, And yes...Kidd DOES have something to do with Melo's shooting %. When a team can key in on stopping you because you have no help...it effects your shooting %. Name ONE player you've supported since I've been a member on here that's contributed more to the Knicks. It's ok....i'll wait.

It's one thing to say a guy shot poorly. Its another thing to say the best player on the team is garbage when he's avg 27 and 8. That's not only being ignorant, it's being a hater and being hypocritical considering Pablo Prigioni has now become your favorite Knick.

Knickscity...my closing arguments...seriously dude. Prigioni is a bum. No seriously....he's a bum. He's a minimum contract 3rd string PG. I'm no Felton fan, but Prigioni is no where near as god as him. I don't even think Prigioni was starting anymore overseas when we signed him lol He's a scrub. You joke on me about Telfair all the time...so be it. But even he is better than Prigioni. Knickscity....seriously...like really....seriously....he's a bum lol

O yea.....and Jared Jeffries is a bum too.

Last edited by franchize : 07-16-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #45
Clutch
NBA Legend

So Melo had help. OK. From who ???

Kidd didn't hit a field goal in his last 10 games or so. J.R.Smith was absolutely horrible since the game 3 of the Boston series. Tyson was horrible all playoffs long (not that I expected otherwise). Novak is non existent in the playoffs and Amare is always hurt come playoff time. Copeland didn't even play until the half way into the Pacers series.

Like franchize said the only player that played well all playoffs long is Shumpert.
Felton was great in the Boston series but not so much against the Pacers.
Others were complete garbage.

When no one expect you can make a shot it gives defenses a chance to collapse on you. Also you need to take tougher shots because you're basically the only scoring option on the team.

Even your dear Durant got bounced out easily in the 2nd round because he didn't have help (read Westbrook). No one in this league can win without enough help (not even LeBron).
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: