Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default OT err not Raptors : Dwightmare 2

Seriously nothing but all Dwight (today on the net).

The man is an amazing talent no question but do you really think he has the personality to mortgage the whole team on ? Is this guy going to lead the team to the promised land ?

There are some hints that he is not 'the guy'... indecision..agony over disappointing anyone who thinks less than perfectly about him... the whole Lakers debacle season... doenst mesh with Kobe or D'antoni ?? Couldnt mesh with high profile coach in Orlando as I recall.

MJ Lbron Magic Bird - they all worked within the team culture so to speak to make the franchise better and win.

Golden State seemingly is close in running and willing to unwind everything they have to to sign Dwight. Atlanta doing the same

Houston and Dallas appear to be keeping sanity with betting on JHard / Dirk as one face of the team...

Lakers cant give up Kobe though frankly I think they would.

Maybe I am jealous Toronto cant even take a run.. but I dont know if i would bet all down on Dwight. You can pick up a lot of talent depth on $22 M large

Last edited by Jballer : 07-05-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT err not Raptors : Dwightmare 2

Quote:
Maybe I am jealous Toronto cant even take a run.. but I dont know if i would bet all down on Dwight. You can pick up a lot of talent depth on $22 M large
It really depends on where your team is. I think getting Dwight makes sense for Houston and GS and a less little for LA or Dallas.

I wouldn't want to chase Dwight unless I knew the team was on the verge of being a legit contender. That's a lot of money for a player that won't get any better and will not age well. A player totally reliant on athleticism/strenght instead of skill is not someone I'd want to be paying that much money to in their early to mid 30's.

Houston and GS have the young stars in Harden and Curry. Add Howard to either of them while still retaining some of their other good cheap players (Parsons, Barnes) and you have a legit contender for the next couple years. Houston also can deal Asik (a damn solid player) for better fits for their roster.

Dallas and LA have aging stars and this kind of a deal could really screw them over for the future.

If it was the Raptors chasing him, absolutely not. No thanks.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: