Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Dwight chose Houston - Lakers rebuild??

Well...

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Dwight Howard has chosen to sign with the Houston Rockets, @USATODAYSports has learned. Story to come. - http://ow.ly/mH7dN

Looks like we lost Dwight for nothing..

GRRRRRR. What the HELL???? We just lost Dwight for nothing..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Dwight chose Houston - Lakers rebuild??

I hate this, but I can't blame him. We hired the worst possible coach for him in NBA history and refused to fire him. We left Dwight no choice at all.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I hate this, but I can't blame him. We hired the worst possible coach for him in NBA history and refused to fire him. We left Dwight no choice at all.

It really sucks man. To the 59th minute, I thought I was SURE Howard would return to LA. Then we find out NO, it isn't happening. Ah well, it was Dwight's decision after all. He made the right decision. I wouldn't want to play under D'Antoni either.

Now where do we go from here? Past the cap so no FAs. This season will be a wash.. Nash/Gasol not carrying team to playoffs at this stage of their careers..
Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

lol seriously stfu dude....u r a coach and nothing else...

I own a business and if i know there is a guy who if i hire is going to come and be the owner of my company...then fcuk no ...i wouldnt hire him

that was the power play that phil was trying to play....

I am ok with the loser going...it has more to do about his relationship with kobe then about the coach.....i take 2-3 more years of Kobe than pathetic baby Dwight Howard

seriously u r ruining this fcuking board but constantly b!tching about not hiring the right coach....

I trust the organization that made us so spoiled.....lakers will find a way..& will win championship before Rockets....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

seriously u r ruining this fcuking board but constantly b!tching about not hiring the right coach....

AMEN to that!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
mr sax

Quote:

I thought Mike Brown was the worst possible coach in NBA history? Make up your mind..."Coach". Last I heard both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni had head coaching jobs in the NBA.

Last edited by mr sax : 07-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

that's ok. dwight will never win a championship. james harden is great, but who else do they really have on that team. do they really think they can beat okc, the clippers, memphis, or the heat in a playoff series. no chance. i say good riddance.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
bladefd
Good college starter

Mitch always has a plan B. I wonder what it will be this time?? Clear up everything for next summer and start anew without Kobe? Trade Gasol now for another upcoming star and then sign a superstar in summer of 2014 to team up with Kobe?

Seems like with Dwight gone, it gives a shot for Gasol's one last season in LA.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

i dont like the idea of letting players get coaches fired. though there is a time where you have to look at that spot and see if its working for you.

its going to hurt but we wont be good for a little while. i think making sure we get a good pick for 2014 plus a couple good free agents can help turn things around. more so if pau and kobe resign for low amounts. we typically can turn things around fast but i am excited and hopeful.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
LosLakers
I brick open layups

LosLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I trust the organization that made us so spoiled.....lakers will find a way..& will win championship before Rockets....

AMEN to THIS!!!!!!!!!! mitch knows what he's doing. Dwight was a non factor given all of his unfortunate circumstances last year. HOWEVER, it was MUCH BETTER than the garbage pile Andrew Bynum turned out to be.
LosLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
I thought Mike Brown was the worst possible coach in NBA history? Make up your mind..."Coach". Last I heard both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni had head coaching jobs in the NBA.

If you can READ, I clearly stated that 'Antoni was the worst possible coach for HIM meaning Dwight, 'Antoni hates the post game and had no intentions of ever getting the ball into Dwight. Maybe if you knew more about basketball, I wouldn't have to explain this to you.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
lol seriously stfu dude....u r a coach and nothing else...

I own a business and if i know there is a guy who if i hire is going to come and be the owner of my company...then fcuk no ...i wouldnt hire him

that was the power play that phil was trying to play....

I am ok with the loser going...it has more to do about his relationship with kobe then about the coach.....i take 2-3 more years of Kobe than pathetic baby Dwight Howard

What a low class ignorant, illiterate rant about nothing, I know you're butthurt about Dwight leaving, you're free to be a crybaby, this is an open forum where we can say what we like as long as we keep it respectful.
I have the right to state my very much proven opinion, and even the biggest dummy on here is also free to say whatever he or she feels.
If you don't like this freedom YOU can leave at any time, you have that right as well. If you think 'Antoni should be the coach and that Jimmy Buss has a clue on how to run this franchise, say it, I don't give a rats ass.
Anyone who knows WTF they are talking about would agree with my comments on this matter. I said even BEFORE the terrible mikes were hired that they were going to fail miserably, I was upfront about it while many others said to give them a chance.....I said I was 100% positive that they were horrible hires.......oops, I was right both times....lol.

I warned everyone, years in advance that if Dr. Buss gave this team to Jimmy instead of Jeanie, that he would run the franchise into the ground......well, if you don't see the path we are on, then I guess you don't know better than to walk in front of a truck either. We are probably headed into the sh!t hole the Raiders are in unless Jimmy either lets Jeanie run everything or sells the team.
If you think I'm wrong about this, I will say the same thing that I said about the Mikes, go ahead....If you ever have anything to prove me wrong, feel free to call me on it........I'm still waiting, and I know you will never be able to call me on anything...lol.

As for me just being a coach.....lmao, yeah ok, lets see, I own a large house in Calabasas with a large pool and 2 expensive cars.....just to name a few things. If you actually think I got that by coaching AAU basketball I enjoy coaching and I am great at it but it is not my JOB.
Seeing the language you use, I seriously doubt you could own anything.....maybe you're a truck driver???

Don't embarrass yourself, stick to attempting to discuss basketball, that's what this forum is for.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
mr sax

Quote:
If you can READ, I clearly stated that 'Antoni was the worst possible coach for HIM meaning Dwight, 'Antoni hates the post game and had no intentions of ever getting the ball into Dwight. Maybe if you knew more about basketball, I wouldn't have to explain this to you.

Oh, I see. So you think that Mike D'Antoni (that's his name) is a viable NBA coach but not a good coach for Dwight Howard, correct? That's funny, I don't think I have ever read a positive comment from you regarding Mike D'Antoni (that's his name). Regarding my knowledge of basketball, you certainly are entitled to your opinion but I think I will yield to Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the Laker front office when it comes to the hiring and firing of Laker personnel and not you, "Coach".
Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I own a large house in Calabasas with a large pool and 2 expensive cars.....

C'mon, no one is that obnoxious.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn, we could have gotten Hibbert & Granger for Dwight.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: